Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: ccam menu on a Technomate

Title
    Thanks
    Ok its Micom Version108 ,Image:Openpil , Kernel Version:3.1.1,Enigma:Jan 17 2013.Should we se Vix here?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by finko1672 View Post
    Ok its Micom Version108 ,Image:Openpil , Kernel Version:3.1.1,Enigma:Jan 17 2013.Should we se Vix here?
    so after all that, you never flashed the image afterall
    I doubt the cam you are trying to install now is putting it in the correct place so.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    so with all this we have just gone around in one massive circle for the past 3 or 4 days.

as i said before if you want help state the image your using otherwise we will always assume that your using ViX and tailor our help accordingly.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Ok well i did try to install it the way you said and after reading the tutorials, i have learnt .again i am a new be ,ive tried to up date the box again with a flash disc with another OpenVix file but the box won't go into the booting mode where it prompts you to press the OK button.Ive used a different usb port but is still wont go into that mode.Do you know how i can get it to boot?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Format the USB stick again using this tool
    and try again. If that doesn't work, try another USB stick.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    you may have to first update the bootloader, it's the exact same process as a image flash you can get the bootloader from here.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/en...r=Bootloaders/

once you have flashed the bootloader, format the USB stick and try a image flash again.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Great Thanks Ill try that.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi ok i tryed to put the Bootloader on first but it won't flash to the box,so then i try to image flash the box and that went through the process and updated the box.Now when i power the box off / on again Openvix comes on the screen but thats it.The box won't start up,it just keeps on saying Booting..... Is this because i cant get the Bootloader on first ,and is the a sequence that all these Bootloader/images/updates etc have to go on the box?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    There has only been one bootloader for the 2T, so you dont need to flash it.

Start afresh, format your USB stick, place image on it and flash again. Follow Sicilians' guide. Leave your USB stick in after reboot and make sure you press the EXIT button.

Dont worry about leaving the USB stick connected after flashing the first time. It won't flash again unless you press OK. YOu can remove it afterwards.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi,well fare play to you,thats done the trick,leaving the usb stick in after flashing and powering the box off/on and pressing the Exit botton repeatingly for about 10sec worked.Thats what was missing.I now have Vix images on my receiver and active CCcam working also.I know it was a slow road for me getting this far but alls good now.I'm sure i'll have a few fine tuning questions but thanks to everyone who put up with all my stupid questions over the last week as i learnt about this.Cheers....
    Last edited by finko1672; 17-05-13 at 01:06.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Re: ccam menu on a Technomate

Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    There has only been one bootloader for the 2T, so you dont need to flash it.
    Not quite.

we have had at least 3 or 4 different Bootloaders from TM that I can think of off the top of my head. The bootloader on the openvix website is the proper one for use with the ViX image. If you use a older bootloader it simply wont be able to read the fileformat on the usb stick needed to flash the receiver.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi again,Ok My box is up and running now.Theres just a few thinks.For my channel list i went in to>AutoBouquetsMaker>Providers and selected Sky Ireland /UK etc and done a scan.Now i have these channels but there still all over the place .Can i edit these and have Favourites the way i want or should i have FTP the channel list to the receiver as per your tutorial?The other thing is i can't record to a hdd the message i keep on getting is
    "The directory/hdd/timeshift/is not a EXT2,EXT3,EXT4 or NFS partition.Make sure you select a valid partition type".When i go into Timeshift setting i can't see my hdd in the locations?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234