Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Will CCcam read Sky sports and movies from my card?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RottyDave View Post
    Forum Supporter

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have heard something similar for the sky hd so gonna try with my sd subscription card for now.
    Will this not render all the latest receivers to expensive fta boxes?
    There is far more out there than just 28.2 east.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    The conversion table i used gave the hexadecimal equivalent in lowercase but have just tried on another coversion site and it gives the hex in Capitals?

Gonna try and set up Oscam later and hopefully i will be able to view my movies and sport-Is this a lot more complicated than the CCcam install?
    Last edited by RottyDave; 15-04-13 at 13:54.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 2,247 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RottyDave View Post
    The conversion table i used gave the hexadecimal equivalent in lowercase but have just tried on another coversion site and it gives the hex in Capitals?

Gonna try and set up Oscam later and hopefully i will be able to view my movies and sport-Is this a lot more complicated than the CCcam install?
    well mine were all uppercase, so I would try again with CCcam first before going thru the pain of installing Oscam, when it may not be needed.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Ok .will try and post rfesults as soon as i have done it-Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    You don't use websites for conversions, calculator on pc is fine.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    dont the give the same results?

Do you know if it matters wether upper or lowercase?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Have changed my box key to capital letters and has made no difference to my viewing channels,should i now go down the oscam route?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    it's worth a try, hopefully your is not one of the receivers to have been hit by the new sky HD pairing method because if it is there is currently little to nothing you can do about it.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    it's worth a try, hopefully your is not one of the receivers to have been hit by the new sky HD pairing method because if it is there is currently little to nothing you can do about it.
    I have both HD and SD cards and have been trying to pair the SD card if that makes any difference?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Think im gonna need a helping hand to install Oscam-Is it a lot different to installing CCcam?

Title
    Thanks
    I tried oscam and its so much more complicated to set up than cccam but to me it sounds like your card has been paired what sky stb do you have?
    It is easy to instal oscam its the config that is hard and did not seem to be worth the trouble for me just to read my C+Nordic card
    Last edited by zola25; 16-04-13 at 07:33.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I have and older pace sky + box with Sky SD card which i am trying to get my receiver to read.
    In another room i have a new 2tb HD box with a HD subscription which i use in my lounge.

I just want to add that i have used the sd card in my iberosat receiver when i was over in Spain two weeks ago and it worked fine so dont think its this card?(Does this make sense)
    Last edited by RottyDave; 16-04-13 at 07:42.

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Without a doubt the issue will be the boxkey.

Google for Dreambox Config Creator v0.9.5 by B16MCC

This program will ensure you have the correct boxkey as it can work it out from the serial number on the box or the serial number in the menu. I have always used the one off the box and its worked every time.

Please bare in mind that Sky are in the middle of changing the pairing process so it may be short lived even if you do get it to work. Please also remember that if you are trying this in Spain you may not be able to pick up certain Sky channels due to you possibly not being inside the footprint for the north or south beam, dependent of you exact location and dish size. Its a dead certainty you won't pick stuff up off the UK spot beam with out a large dish.

Nano
    Last edited by manicscrewdriver; 16-04-13 at 08:46.
    Xtrend ET9500, 1m Gilbertini, 75cm Visiosat BISAT G3a triple lnb dish, EMP Centauri IRS system, Formuler F3, Venton Unibox Eco+, nBox 5800s, TechniSat SkyStar 2 eXpress HD PCI-e card

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nanochickin View Post
    Without a doubt the issue will be the boxkey.

Google for Dreambox Config Creator v0.9.5 by B16MCC

This program will ensure you have the correct boxkey as it can work it out from the serial number on the box or the serial number in the menu. I have always used the one off the box and its worked every time.

Please bare in mind that Sky are in the middle of changing the pairing process so it may be short lived even if you do get it to work. Please also remember that if you are trying this in Spain you may not be able to pick up certain Sky channels due to you possibly not being inside the footprint for the north or south beam, dependent of you exact location and dish size. Its a dead certainty you won't pick stuff up off the UK spot beam with out a large dish.

Nano
    I will try the boxkey program.Is this new pairing process going to render these boxes pretty useless after new pairing process is up and running because if this is the case i would have probably been better off with a humax with hdd?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    Does anyone know if this is definately happening, as all i have seen so far is rumour ?
    Vu+ Duo --- Vix Apollo --- Magic HD Night Skin

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast