Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Will CCcam read Sky sports and movies from my card?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RottyDave View Post
    Just to let you all know i have just managed to pair my HD card to the Vu box and this card is only 4 months old and out of my 2tb hd box so long may it continue
    Have you updated your box (Card) lately? I ask, as of today, i had to update my box, as i was getting an error saying wrong card inserted, then i had to ring Sly, they told me the box needed updated, which i did (Stupidly) then Voila the channels worked on my Skybox but wont decode on my Vu duo, or my server............

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leeno382 View Post
    Have you updated your box (Card) lately? I ask, as of today, i had to update my box, as i was getting an error saying wrong card inserted, then i had to ring Sly, they told me the box needed updated, which i did (Stupidly) then Voila the channels worked on my Skybox but wont decode on my Vu duo, or my server............
    your original sky box was showing the 'wrong card inserted' message?
    what card if any had you in it?

also, how are you decoding the card on your DUO and server?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I only need to take my sky card out of my official sky receiver when i go over to Spain so dont intend to leave it in the Vu box for more than 7 or so weeks a year.Dont know if this will make any difference.I only take the SD card with me anyhow so will see how it goes.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I only need to take my sky card out of my official sky receiver when i go over to Spain so dont intend to leave it in the Vu box for more than 7 or so weeks a year.Dont know if this will make any difference.I only take the SD card with me anyhow so will see how it goes.
    and that looks like what the current problems could be...
    why do folks keep their cards in official receivers? surely your E2 box works way better?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by judge View Post
    your original sky box was showing the 'wrong card inserted' message?
    what card if any had you in it?

also, how are you decoding the card on your DUO and server?
    Had my server go down on friday, using my Smargo, so had to put my card back into my sky reciever, and only some channels were coming through, hence the phone call, then once updated my channels all worked, but my box was updated and possible my account, as the serial number on my box changed from 10 digits to 11...... Now i have Reciever ID that i didnt have previously, now when i put my card back into either my server, or my Vu Duo, i cannot watch Any HD channels which is down to the new sky encryption that they have deployed........

6. The Following User Says Thank You to leeno382 For This Useful Post:

judge (16-04-13)

Title
    Thanks
    My server is Cccam and Oscam :-) with Original Card on Smargo

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by judge View Post
    and that looks like what the current problems could be...
    why do folks keep their cards in official receivers? surely your E2 box works way better?
    It will do but its gonna be 1500 miles away 45 weeks of the year.
    Are you saying that if you never put your viewing card back into your original sky box this change wont affect you?
    Or is it to stop people watching channels they are not paying a subscription for?

Title
    Thanks
    Are you saying that if you never put your viewing card back into your original sky box this change wont affect you?
    Or is it to stop people watching channels they are not paying a subscription for?
    From what i have read, you must only update your skycard Via Oscam, NOT by putting it back into your reciever, this is what i done, and it i learnt the hard way unfortunately.....

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Nobody but SKY know how it works yet buddy...
    Thought travel might be the reason you wouldn't bring a box.
    For now, it seems best to keep subbed sky cards in non official boxes, updating by cccam or oscam.

IMO, the site sponser has an e2 box at £134 that would work way better than any SKY UK/IRE box, so seems like a non brainer if you want to keep a cheap box in one location & a more expensive one in another.

Saying that, only time will tell though...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234