Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thinking of buying a solo 2

Title
    Thanks

Thinking of buying a solo 2

Hi all,

This is my first post in this forum. I am thinking of buying a solo 2. I have been using a DM800 HD. But then I wanted a dual tuner for watching while recording. Then I decided to buy amiko alien2, which I now regret. The main attraction was the price and 1080p capability. But I have given up on it. I have few querries about solo2 if any of you could answer, would be appreciated

1. I heard that there are issues with recording or watching while recording? is that true or is it fixed?

2. How is the media player capabilities? i.e., watching movies from a NAS drive via DLNA or attached hard drive? (I was thinking of getting a media centre as well, but if I could do the same on this, then this would be well worth the investment)

3. Any issues with soft cams (I hope this question is allowed)..?

4. What is this 1080p transcoding..?

I would be grateful for your help. It is an expensive purchase, so would like to clarify these before diving in.

Thanks n advance for your help
    cheers

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    1. no this issue was resolved a long time ago.

2. This like most E2 receivers will happily play most formats such as AVI, MKV etc etc, but be aware that this is intended as a satellite receiver and not a purpose made media player, so consider the media player functions as a bonus and not a rite.

3. no issues that i know of, I use CCcam 2.2.1 on mine just fine.

4. not really clued up on that topic enough to give a accurate answer, sorry.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks

Thanks for your quick reply. I will wait for couple of more reply if I can get before I put my money in. Would you recommend buying this? Is there any issues which I should be aware of? Thanks again.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    I can't think of any current issues you should be aware of...
    It's a great box, my current favourite...

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    If your after a twin tuner, than SOLO2 is at the moment imho king of the hill and you can't really go wrong.

The most important thing you need to ask your self when shelling out money like this is where will it be in 12 months time - look at the likes of the QBOX mini HD and you will appreciate the benefits of buying from one of the biggest names in the game

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

Title
    Thanks

Thank you all for your comments.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jugulator View Post
    Thanks for your quick reply. I will wait for couple of more reply if I can get before I put my money in. Would you recommend buying this? Is there any issues which I should be aware of? Thanks again.
    yes i'd highly recommend the solo2, so much so that i bought one my self and its now my primary receiver over all my others.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks

I believe currently there's vix and bh image available. Which one is stable one? How is the default image? Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Transcoding allows you to stream from your stb to mobile, tablet, pc, etc, so long as you have a ln internet connection.
    It's great, enables you to catch up on the game, setup recordings and even stream your recorded content.
    You have complete control of your stb.
    Quality is not brilliant, but it is still in beta.

Title
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bokkie View Post
    Transcoding allows you to stream from your stb to mobile, tablet, pc, etc, so long as you have a ln internet connection.
    It's great, enables you to catch up on the game, setup recordings and even stream your recorded content.
    You have complete control of your stb.
    Quality is not brilliant, but it is still in beta.
    Thanks. Looks very interesting

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    i have one....also have dm800dh and dm7020 and vu duo..plus various technomates..

best box for me by a mile

Title
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by satsatsat View Post
    i have one....also have dm800dh and dm7020 and vu duo..plus various technomates..

best box for me by a mile
    Thanks for your reply. Could you explain what makes you say it is the best by a mile, apart from the speed? Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Well it is mainly the speed. Everything is so much quicker from epg download to channel change, it's all just so much smoother.
    For me the transcoding is a deal breaker now, makes life so much easier with regards to getting my rugby fix.
    Comes with Gigabit ethernet and extra Ram and Flash which also help.
    Also has the vix image and Auto Bouquet maker, etc which comes with it. By far the best image I've ever used in terms of ease of use, UI, epg, etc.
    I had a Vu+ duo before this and the solo2 is so much better.

Title
    Thanks

Thanks. Looks like you guys have sold it to me. I will need some help setting up the transcoding

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jugulator View Post
    Thanks. Looks like you guys have sold it to me. I will need some help setting up the transcoding
    transcoding is simple to set-up.
    plugin included by default on ViX Solo2 build, just enable it...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast