Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 51 of 75 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: MetrixHD_MOD (Now includes a full 1080 HD version too)

Title
    ViX Skinner-Dev
    Thanks
    Hi rtype, and thanks. Not sure if I understand correctly, but do you mean it some of the skin is getting cut off at the edges of the TV? If so it will probably be an overscan issue and this can be set on the TV or box.

If not can you upload a screenshot of the issue using the web interface - which you can find at <the address of your QB box>:8083 i.e. http://192.168.0.20:8083.

rtype
    cheers will post a shot later thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Hi,
    I've had a bit of a nightmare with this skin today, with various stages of getting it working, only to break it again afterwards.

I have a Vu+ Solo 2, so a nice fast box, but even then, its wasted hours waiting for things to happen and the restarting of Enigma.

Its quite confusing because I find its very temperamental as to whether it displays properly depending on how you install and get it working.
    E.G. after installing from Plugin's, should you enable the skin in Skin Settings first, reboot then go into the MetrixHD plugin and configure or should you go into MetrixHD and configure before enabling the skin in Skin Settings.
    All very confusing, but my success seemed to depend on the order of things done as far as I can tell!

I've had many attempts where once Enigma restarted, the channel info bar would pop up with just the backgrounds and no information in there.

I've only just got it working again and I'm loathed to touch a thing incase it breaks again :-)
    Its a shame because its a very nice skin but I'm scared to death to change anything on my Solo 2 box now in case I break it again.

I'm just about to do a backup of my box as a fallback :-)

The only issue I have left at the moment, is it normal that the fields in MyMetrix, General Settings are un-editable?

If I try to set my MetrixWeatherID, I can move the cursor in the field, but typing any digits on the remote doesn't work. Same if I try to register my device with OpenStore, I can't enter the code.
    Its definitely a skin problem because I can punch in channel changes fine.
    Last edited by drh; 09-01-14 at 21:21.

Title
    ViX Skinner-Dev
    Thanks
    Hi DRH - has this improved. Are the reboots and problems caused when you add skin parts from the openstore? Many(most now) are made by users for vti and other images (in fact metrixHD was made for VTI hence the reason I started the MOD).

Have you been able to enter the digits now, as not sure why this won't work?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Any news on when the update will hit including skin improvements?
    Gary

Title
    ViX Skinner-Dev
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by geeebeee View Post
    Any news on when the update will hit including skin improvements?
    Gary
    No sorry, but as I believe it is a big update for Vix and may be a while, I've attached files to update the skin manually:

MetrixHD-update.zip

There are five items,

The screen_172 folder goes in >>> usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/MyMetrix/skinparts/screens/active/screen_172
    MetrixHD Default.Xml goes in >>> usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/MyMetrix/skintemplates/
    Slow.png & Dish.png goes in >>> usr/share/enigma2/MetrixHD/icons/
    and finally Skin_default goes in >>>usr/share/enigma2/MetrixHD/

Bit of a pain but shouldn't take more than 5 mins and just overwrite the existing files/directories. Don't forget to rebuild the skin after installing.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scwheeler For This Useful Post:

camshaft (21-01-14),geeebeee (23-01-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi guys (although to be honest my question is probably aimed at the very helpful scwheeler!)

I'm really happy with the Metrix-HD skin along with tweaks I've made with E2 Skinner that you suggested I try out. However, this presents me with a bit of a problem - I now have a very customised skin.xml but...I really don't like the media/movie selection screen that I currently have.

I'd like to replace it with some of one of the other skinparts that are available but if I simply select one and generate a new skin then I'll lose my own mods. Are you able to recommend any good media selection skinparts and perhaps give me a pointer in the direction of which files/section of code I'd need to lift to implement it within my own modded skin please?

Title
    ViX Skinner-Dev
    Thanks
    Hi Jimbo,

Should be relatively easy.

If not already, then sign up for account at
    Code:
    http://open-store.net

Then find a movieselection skinpart that you like for example
    Code:
    http://open-store.net/?page=view-skinpart-2&skinpart_id=1022&titleext=MovieSelection%20II%20(phyr)
    and when logged in there is an icon to the left </> which will show the source to the skinpart.

You can then copy and paste this over the movieselection section in your skin.xml.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to scwheeler For This Useful Post:

jimbo_jones (23-01-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by scwheeler View Post
    Hi Jimbo,

Should be relatively easy.

If not already, then sign up for account at
    Code:
    http://open-store.net

Then find a movieselection skinpart that you like for example
    Code:
    http://open-store.net/?page=view-skinpart-2&skinpart_id=1022&titleext=MovieSelection%20II%20(phyr)
    and when logged in there is an icon to the left </> which will show the source to the skinpart.

You can then copy and paste this over the movieselection section in your skin.xml.
    Fantastic! Just signed up and will give it a go...

I didn't even realise that useful online resource with the source code was there, so thanks very much again for your help

Title
    Thanks
    Good morning,

today i have made a clean flash on my VuDuo. After all setup i have install MyMetrix and activate the Skin.
    Now when i go to Channellist i become a GreenScreen.

What can i do?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Title
    ViX Skinner-Dev
    Thanks
    Hi Lothar - did you change the default channel list skinpart to one of the store?

Also I see you have a Duo (same as me) have you set up a swap file as can see lots of can't allocate memory errors in that crash log?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to scwheeler For This Useful Post:

Lothar2 (23-01-14)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Weird. I've had an update for the picons. I'm assuming the skin is an integral part of this upgrade hence it not coming via update?
    G

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by scwheeler View Post
    Hi Lothar - did you change the default channel list skinpart to one of the store?

Also I see you have a Duo (same as me) have you set up a swap file as can see lots of can't allocate memory errors in that crash log?
    I have give it up and restore a older Image. Now all OK.

Title
    ViX Skinner-Dev
    Thanks
    I know Gary, I've had several picon update in between - guess they work on a different system.

Actually it would be great if Andy could allow things like picons to autoupdate like bouquets/crossepg say every evening. I'm quite comfortable that they won't crash to box and so doesn't need my permission to action.

I sure new Vix will be worth the wait though.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to scwheeler For This Useful Post:

geeebeee (24-01-14)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Satellite switcher works beautifully by the way - well done

20. The Following User Says Thank You to geeebeee For This Useful Post:

scwheeler (25-01-14)

Page 51 of 75 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast