Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 12 of 75 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: MetrixHD_MOD (Now includes a full 1080 HD version too)

Title
    ViX Skinner-Dev
    Thanks
    Not an expert but I would make a backup now, and then try and restore from a previous backup. Worst case you can go back to right now. If you restore from backup, do not restore plugins as I bet this is the issue.

Having said that the beauty of vix is that it take about 5 mins to setup

Title
    Thanks
    Just make a full image backup. Then play with fresh flash, I wouldnt recommend restoring anything. Its happened to all of us, we all have had to do a fresh new flash for the sake of something to work and set up from scratch at some point so dont feel bad. It's all part of the fun having a duo!

@schweeler - any more exciting updates to come? And do you think that metrix is reaching or will reach its peak potential any time soon?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    guys, i have done a back up.. please can you talk me through the steps to do as suggested above a completely new flash. Also can you tell me what i will lose as a consequence of doing this i.e. satellites, plugins, abm, cccam etc..
    Vix image (usually latest) - VU Solo 4K- WD 1TB INTERNAL HDD - DVB-T Freeview, trialling IPTV options

If my response has helped you, don't forget to hit the thanks button below. I appreciate you appreciate me

Title
    ViX Skinner-Dev
    Thanks
    @gsingh - not sure I would use exciting as refining now, but Timeshift screen coming soon. Also a pack of icons for the menus but this will come when in the feeds as I need to make some changes to the skin for them to display.

@igleave - the wizard should help you set most of these back up. I.e. you will re-setup the tuners and can then run ABM and CrossEPG and you will need to reinstall cccam. I'm sure someone can point you in the direction of a guide as I am at work.

Just make sure you have both a backup and full image backup from the VIX menu and if you can't re-set it up you can just restore back to this.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lgleave22 View Post
    guys, i have done a back up.. please can you talk me through the steps to do as suggested above a completely new flash. Also can you tell me what i will lose as a consequence of doing this i.e. satellites, plugins, abm, cccam etc..
    The process of reflashing a receiver is akin to reloading windows on your PC, it will wipe EVERYTHING except any recordings etc that you may have on a HDD or USB stick.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Do you do factory reset before starting then
    Vix image (usually latest) - VU Solo 4K- WD 1TB INTERNAL HDD - DVB-T Freeview, trialling IPTV options

If my response has helped you, don't forget to hit the thanks button below. I appreciate you appreciate me

Title
    If there's a bright centre to the universe, I'm from the planet that is farthest from.
    Thanks

MetrixHD_MOD

This skin is a beast. Love the customization options available via the plugin.
    Initially I had problems with it crashing when it was creating the skin.xml, but a swap file soon sorted that.
    Well done to all involved. Keep up the good work.

Sent using sorcery and the magic interwebs

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Re: MetrixHD_MOD

Do you do factory reset before starting then
    No need as the flashing process it self first wipes the receivers flash before flashing the new image to it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Flash did the job guys, skin up and running just as it should.

Title
    ViX Skinner-Dev
    Thanks
    Awesome, pleased to hear it is now working.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to scwheeler For This Useful Post:

duoduo (18-05-13)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Flash did the job guys, skin up and running just as it should.
    Now thats the hardest part out of the way and you have performed your first full reflash, before long you will be able to do a full reflash and rebuild in 10 minutes or just because you feel like it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Question

I can't get picons to show up using MetrixHD, all fine when using MetrixHD_Mod and any other skin from plugins download.

Any help is very much appreciated, because I really like this skin.

Title
    Thanks

MetrixHD_MOD

Quote Originally Posted by SLK350 View Post
    I can't get picons to show up using MetrixHD, all fine when using MetrixHD_Mod and any other skin from plugins download.

Any help is very much appreciated, because I really like this skin.
    Are your picons stored on flash? If so try on usb

As i dont think the default info bar looks at /picon

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I have done a reflash and put picons on usb now working fine, pain in the arse to do but if it fixes the problem. As suggested above try just putting picons on usb before reflash and see if it helps
    Good luck

Title
    Thanks

MetrixHD_MOD

The reason for picons not working from /picon on flash is that metrixhd uses there own picon renderer called XPicon.py and this script doesnt search the /picon path

For picons to work from /picon on flash 4 new screen parts for the skin will need creating

Infobar
    Secondinfobar
    Eventview
    ChannelSelection

When i get home ill code the screens up and upload them to the open store on the mymetrix plugin

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pr1s0m For This Useful Post:

Clabs (18-05-13),Karl-Johan (18-05-13)

Page 12 of 75 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast