Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Vu Duo - Only getting a small number of HD channels now

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Vu Duo - Only getting a small number of HD channels now

My vu duo has developed a strange problem this morning. Suddenly i cant seem to receive most HD channesl (s*y sports etc), but i can get ITV HD, RTE 2 HD (which is a subscription channel) and a few others.

I have checked all the connectors at the back, signal rate on s*y sports 1 HD is 68% (which is what its always been). I have a quad LNB on a motorised dish, i switched the coxail connectors at the LNB but have the same result. I also am getting the same result on both tuners on the duo, as i have tried recording on a channel and forcing the duo to tuner B when switching to another HD channel, but the same result.

I dont think its the LNB because my solo in the bedroom can receive s*y sports HD etc, and my spiderbox in the back room also.

Im fearing its a issue with the tuners on the duo, although i find it very strange that both would fail at the same time?

Does anyone have an idea what may be causing this? All was fine last night. - if it is a tuner(s) issue, can replacement tuners be bought fof the duo??

If so, its it reasonable to buy replacements or am i looking at new duo here

Also worth noting that all SD versions of channels are working fine

edit: im running latest black hole image and its an original vu duo off course
    Last edited by deckymckeown; 01-04-13 at 14:38.

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Hi mate

Strange this one because reading on another forum someone else reported using blackhole image and not getting channels. Maybe just checking before you get into investigation trying another image see if that results in the same problems.
    apart from that check your cables and lnb dish look for wind rock on the dish moved out of line , water ingress in the cable even snow if you still have it on the dish also could try changing the lnb from a to b see if that makes a difference.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    cheers for your reply mate, yeah ive just read the same thing on another forum, and they were also using blackhole image. I have just loaded vix again and im getting s*y sports HD etc, thankfully

Still cant understand why it just stopped working though!! The only other thing that i can possible think off was a few days ago i made a few amendments to the my bouquets, adding a few channels to s*y uk just though.

Im going to reload the blackhole image and transfer an older bouquets file to see if thats the cause......

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    ..... I have re-installed the latest black hole again, and tried it with an older bouquets file (one of my own from last month) and the HD channels are all back again. Strange, but whatever amendments that i had made to the bouquets file recently caused the issue... all good now though

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Hi mate

Maybe a duff bouquet i normally download update vhannibal settings then edit my own needs before uploading to stb anyway glad to hear you restored your channel commit that one to the memory bank for future use lol