Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: vu+ solo 2 or technomate ( which one )

Title
    Thanks

vu+ solo 2 or technomate ( which one )

i have had my superb vu+ solo for 4 years now still working a treat..but want to upgrade to either vu+ 2 or the technomate..i have a 1mt motorised but as where i live i have had to have a mini dish fitted also..a\b switch box to change to other satellites.im hearing good things about the techno..but love the vu+.any thoughts would be appreciated.

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,791 Times in 1,951 Posts
    My opinion would be to go for the solo2 if you can afford it, for the added benefits of the faster cpu, transcoding ability etc...

The technomate is a great box, and if you are wanting to save a few pounds, I'm pretty sure you won't feel far wrong with it, but it won't be a huge step up from what you currently have, apart from the dual tuner.

What are your reasons for wanting to upgrade in the first place?
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor, World-Of-Satellite HERE
    Follow us on Twitter HERE
    -----
    Vu+ Ultimo (ViX Beta), Vu+ Solo (ViX Beta), CT ET9000 (ViX Beta)
    Dark Motor Superior with Inverto Ultra Black Twin LNB
    85cm Gibertini Aluminium Dish

Title
    Thanks
    mainly twin tuner..recordings etc..and feeling i need to upgrade as i say vu+ solo has been fantastic..i can afford either i just wondered what apart from the price over the technomate and vu+ solo 2

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Having both, if I was to buy another one tomorrow, I'd go for the solo2 again.
    The tm2t is a great box though.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to judge For This Useful Post:

satelliteguy68 (29-03-13)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts

Re: vu+ solo 2 or technomate ( which one )

Quote Originally Posted by judge View Post
    Having both, if I was to buy another one tomorrow, I'd go for the solo2 again.
    The tm2t is a great box though.
    Same here. Although my TM twin and TM 2T are great little boxes id still go for the solo2 its light years ahaed of any other box and blindingly fast.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

satelliteguy68 (29-03-13)

Title
    Thanks
    thanks guys looking vu+ solo 2

Title
    Thanks
    Hi guys, new to the forum here and the satellite world in general, been doing some reading on here and looking for opinions on which box to go for, similar to satelliteguy68 query, only im looking at VU+ Duo Twin Tuner Vrs Technomate TM-Twin-OE (Technomate TM-2T currently out of stock with the sponsor)

Both boxes are the same price with the sponsor, so price is not an issue, just looking for your thoughts on which box is best and why?

Appreciate any insights, thanks

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,677 Times in 1,190 Posts
    If i had to choose one of those 2 .. i would choose the Duo..

But.. Also have a look at the Gigablue Quad.. before you buy..

Plug and play tuners just released today.. So this now means that you can have 4 tuners in one box..

Totally rock solid as well..

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Mister For This Useful Post:

Tom01 (12-06-13)

Title
    Thanks
    Having and both I buy the duo. But am also going to buy a quad. It's cheaper than the solo 2 and you can add 2 tuners.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Wizard55 For This Useful Post:

Tom01 (12-06-13)

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizard55 View Post
    But am also going to buy a quad. It's cheaper than the solo 2 and you can add 2 tuners.
    You wont be disappointed buddy..

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Mister For This Useful Post:

Wizard55 (12-06-13)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for the replies guys, so in terms of the 3 boxes VU+ Duo | Technomate TM-Twin-OE | GigaBlue Quad

I can see the GigaBlue seems to rein supreme on hardware (processor and RAM etc), but does it have the same features/capabilities as the other 2 boxes with regards available plugins, video decoding, what EPG's and Images it can handle, and I guess a big one would be is it widely used by people on the site here for support etc in setup...

Im trying to figure out why if the gigablue reins supreme in performance over the other two boxes, and offers all the same features, why are all 3 priced the same? (actually gigablue is £20 more) Normally price can dictate quality/what you get (and I say "normally" - i know there can be exceptions), and if gigablue is a much better box I would expect its price to reflect this...

Does anyone have anything negative about it?

Thanks again

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,791 Times in 1,951 Posts
    The duos are really old boxes now, soon to be superseded by the duo2. At the time of release, the boxes original rrp was £400 iirc...

Now, the duo and tm twin are roughly the same specs wise, but tm twin has been later to join the market on broadcom e2 boxes...

The gigablue is also a relative new comer...

Out of the 3, for £20 difference, I would probably go for the gigablue. I have heard reports of failed recordings on gigablue though... But then again, I've had failed recordings on tm twin...
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor, World-Of-Satellite HERE
    Follow us on Twitter HERE
    -----
    Vu+ Ultimo (ViX Beta), Vu+ Solo (ViX Beta), CT ET9000 (ViX Beta)
    Dark Motor Superior with Inverto Ultra Black Twin LNB
    85cm Gibertini Aluminium Dish

18. The Following User Says Thank You to pooface For This Useful Post:

Tom01 (12-06-13)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    If the TM Twin & VU Duo are the same price, i'd still go for the Duo even though it's reaching it's end of production with the Solo2 released & Duo2 soon...
    If you can afford the extra ££ for the Solo2, I think it's well worth it too.

I don't have a GB Quad to compare with but as Mr. Mister says above "You wont be disappointed buddy..", Id be happy to take his recommendations any day.
    We probably won't see many reports on how well the new P&P dual tuners work till early next week, but it certainly looks like a great option.
    It does still seem to have an issue with advertised GB LAN though, but if that isn't an issue for your network, I wouldn't worry about it yet.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to judge For This Useful Post:

Tom01 (12-06-13)

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I know a few on the forum here have had small niggles with the Quad.. Me personally.. Mine has been rock solid.. no issues at all..

It all depends on your needs.. what is right for me.. may not be right for you..

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Mister For This Useful Post:

judge (12-06-13),Tom01 (12-06-13)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mister View Post
    I know a few on the forum here have had small niggles with the Quad.. Me personally.. Mine has been rock solid.. no issues at all..
    Probably the same as every other box so...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mister View Post
    It all depends on your needs.. what is right for me.. may not be right for you..
    exactly... had a chance to play with a GB combo Sat & Terrestrial for a weekend & was well impressed.

IMO, VU remote controls are still my favourites though, not a reason to buy a box but a consideraation...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast