Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Galaxy S4 most pre-registered phone ever, UK retailer boasts

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts

Galaxy S4 most pre-registered phone ever, UK retailer boasts

The Samsung Galaxy S4 has seen the highest number of pre-registrations ever, according to phone retailer Carphone Warehouse.

A tingling sensation in our spines told us that the Samsung Galaxy S4 would prove popular, but Carphone Warehouse's claims of a record-shattering pre-registration period lend credence to our vertebral intuition.

Pre-registration means sticking your details into Carphone Warehouse's online form, which puts you on a list to receive news on when the Galaxy S4 becomes available to order. The high-street phone-flogger says the Galaxy S4 has received four times as many registrations as the Galaxy S3 did last year -- a 446 per cent increase.

Registrations were counted in the four days following the S4's official unveiling. I've asked for specific numbers, and how those figures compare with pre-release interest in last year's iPhone 5, and I'll update this story if I hear anything.

The Galaxy S4 has a 5-inch, 1080p display and a thinner, lighter casing than its predecessor. It's jam-packed with new software features, though its similarity to the Galaxy S3 hasn't been well received by everyone. You can see exactly how the S4 compares with its forebear in the video embedded below, and be sure to check out our S4 comparison, featuring rival phones from Apple, Nokia, HTC and Google.

Are you planning on buying the Galaxy S4? Or does another smart phone tickle your fancy? Let me know in the comments

Code:
    http://crave.cnet.co.uk/mobiles/galaxy-s4-most-pre-registered-phone-ever-uk-retailer-boasts-50010710/
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

bassethound (21-03-13),Sicilian (21-03-13)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,130 Times in 2,737 Posts
    UK Samsung Galaxy S4 will use quad-core Snapdragon 600 processor, not 8-core

Samsung Galaxy S4 UK models will no longer feature the previously stated eight-core processor, instead dropping down to a quad-core CPU, the South Korean manufacturer has confirmed.

Previously listed as play host to an eight-core 1.6GHz Exynos 5 octa-core processor, Samsung has today revealed that UK Samsung Galaxy S4 owners will miss out on the handset’s eight-core CPU, a feature which is still set to land for certain markets.

Having announced at launch that the handset’s processor would vary between markets, the manufacturer had previously stated that the UK would benefit from the eight-core Samsung Galaxy S4 offering, a device that would have seen four large cores paired with four small cores for improved battery management.

“Samsung Galaxy S 4 is equipped with a 1.9GHz Quad-core AP or a 1.6GHz Octa-core AP. The selection of AP varies by markets,” a statement from an official Samsung spokesperson to TrustedReviews said. It went on to reveal: “In the UK the Galaxy S4 will be available as a 4G device with a 1.9GHz Quad Core Processor.”

Although Samsung has yet to offer any reasoning behind the back tracking of its octa-core promise just days after the formal Samsung Galaxy S4 unveiling, the news will come as a serious blow to expectant consumers across the UK.

Samsung Galaxy S4 Specs

Despite having lost its eight-core processor showpiece, the Samsung Galaxy S4 specs sheet still features a raft of high-end components with a 5-inch 1080p Full HD Super AMOLED display lining up alongside Google’s Android 4.2 Jelly Bean OS.

With the Samsung Galaxy S4 features list further benefitting from a 13-megapixel rear-mounted camera and second 2-megapixel snapper up front, the handset also hosts 2GB of RAM and the option of 16GB, 32GB and 64GB storage options within its 7.9mm thick form factor.
    All PM,s asking about c/s on cable will be ignored and reported to forum staff!

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,130 Times in 2,737 Posts
    Loving my new LG Nexus 4
    All PM,s asking about c/s on cable will be ignored and reported to forum staff!