Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sound?

Sound?

Hi,

I've just received 2 brand new solo's. Bought from the sponsor and pre installed with vix image. They arrived yesterday.
    I already had a Solo2 so I ran a back up from that onto 2 new USB sticks which I then stuck in the back of the 2 new boxes and restored from those.
    All 3 boxes are now connected to my NAS drive and all can see the same folders. The Solo2 can can play back any file no matter which box "recorded" it. The new Solo's can't play back any program properly, again no matter which unit did the recording. The sound stutters.
    All 3 boxes can play files which were already on the NAS - MKV's, AVI's and MP4's.
    Additionally the sound feed is wrong on the new Solo's on the music channels. They play some sort of radio channel, on clicking audio I can change from Audio 2 to English which gets me the right audio feed but only until the next reboot, which being vix is frequent

Could use some assistance,

Cheers,

Keith.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts

Re: Sound?

You restored a backup from a solo2 to a solo ?.

That is not a good idea and I'd count your self lucky there was nothing in these backups that could have killed these receivers. As to your other problems I'd first recomend a full fresh reflash and setup without the backups, then we can go from there.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

Ok, will do. Just noticed that I have the same audio feed problem on the MTV channels on the Solo2.

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    press the audio button and change audio track so they sink up
    TM-Twin*1TB HD*VIX Helios*ABM*CrossEPG*OnDemand*Blue HD 3

TM-Nano*VIX Helios*ABM*CrossEPG*OnDemand*Blue HD 3

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED

6. The Following User Says Thank You to josh_g For This Useful Post:

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    or go to
    Menu -> Setup -> System -> Auto language selection & set your options there so you don't have to do it on each channel.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to judge For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    You restored a backup from a solo2 to a solo ?.

That is not a good idea and I'd count your self lucky there was nothing in these backups that could have killed these receivers. As to your other problems I'd first recomend a full fresh reflash and setup without the backups, then we can go from there.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    Done and done
    Still probs with the audio on those files
    The solo's won't play back files recorded on the solo's or on the solo2 but have no probs playing back other files.

Cheers,

Keith.

Quote Originally Posted by judge View Post
    or go to
    Menu -> Setup -> System -> Auto language selection & set your options there so you don't have to do it on each channel.
    With you, but once I get into auto language, what do I select there?

Cheers,

Keith.

Quote Originally Posted by josh_g View Post
    press the audio button and change audio track so they sink up

Done but they just re set after every re boot

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 01342 View Post
    With you, but once I get into auto language, what do I select there?

Cheers,

Keith.
    Prefer audio track stored by service = no

13. The Following User Says Thank You to judge For This Useful Post:

Prefer audio track stored by service = no
    Made no difference, I still get the same audio track on all MTV chans

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Set
    Audio language selection 1 = English & try that...

16. The Following User Says Thank You to judge For This Useful Post:

Set
    Audio language selection 1 = English & try that...
    Wooo Hoooo, that cracked it. Thanks.

Now I'm just left with one of my original probs, the Solos not playing back recorded files properly.

Cheers,

Keith.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I've never had an issue with watching movies over a network on a Solo.
    I'd doubt it's this, but you used back-ups to set them up, did you change the IP address once they booted?

I've never had an issue with watching movies over a network on a Solo.
    I'd doubt it's this, but you used back-ups to set them up, did you change the IP address once they booted?
    I doubt the IP address is the cause. It's the IP address of the NAS that's relevant. However, I have just reflashed one and set it up from scratch. I've mounted the NAS drive on this re flashed one. It will play files that are on the NAS drive such as AVI's, MKV's and MP4's without a problem. Both Solos do, the one restored from a Solo2 back up and the one that I just set up from scratch. Both of them will see the files that have been generated as a result of recording a TV show to the NAS drive. I recorded 3 showes, one from each box, 1 Solo2 and 2 Solos.
    The Solo2 plays all 3 files back like a dream - the Solo's stutter the sound, but only on the 3 files generated by the Solos/Solo2. This file format is .ts If the Solo can generate a .ts then surely it should be able to play it back. All 3 boxes are on the same, wired, network connected to a NAs drive.

Cheers,

Keith.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Have you tried playing the files locally on the solo ie via a device directly attached to the receiver like a USB stick / drive as opposed to a networked device, just to rule that out as a potential problem ??.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast