Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New install tuner problem

Title
    Thanks
    after i set both tuners to 28.2e should i do a scan (i have not done scan previously).

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    No need if you run ABM after it boots.
    It won't do any harm though, but for now, I wouldn't bother.

Just get it up & running with your channels first.

Title
    Thanks
    so i done following Menu>setup>service searching>autobouquetsmaker>providers(sky irl northern ireland hd) Start scan - message on bottom of screen = Tuning Sky Irl > Sevices: 0 video - 0 radio then error message timeout tuner lock.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Looks like something wrong with your feeds or LNB so.
    Try swapping them around & see if the same happens.

Title
    Thanks
    swapped round still getting timeout tuner lock error, i'm going to flash box again and setup how i did the first time, then i'm going to disconnect box and take it to a different house and connect it up and see what happens, my feeds in are working ok have 1 into tm800hd and the other into spiderbox both working fine.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts

Re: New install tuner problem

Quote Originally Posted by bosvelt View Post
    swapped round still getting timeout tuner lock error, i'm going to flash box again and setup how i did the first time, then i'm going to disconnect box and take it to a different house and connect it up and see what happens, my feeds in are working ok have 1 into tm800hd and the other into spiderbox both working fine.
    Personally id remove and refit the f-plugs, just to be 100 percent sure they are not at fault.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    ok took box to a different house and same problem tuner fail and timeout tuner lock, then flashed 4d image set everything up again and same problem tuner fail when selecting channel and timeout tuner lock ABM, that's it for today 8 hours is enough i'll be back at it tomorrow, i phoned supplier and he said that some image's are unstable, going to try a couple of earlier image's, and if they dont work box will be going back.

Title
    Thanks
    so back at it this morning reinstalled VIX image went through setup until tuner setup and selected Auto scan and it never picked up any channels. I know for definite my feeds are working (i have 3 feeds 2 from static 28.2e & 1 from motorised dish) these all work when i connect them to my TM 800 hd, Spiderbox 9000 HD, TM 5400 ci+ and SKY hd boxes, so definitely think there is a fault with the tuner on TM 2T, going to send it back and get a replacement.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Why are you using Auto scan when you know the sat you have access to?
    Set it up manually to 28.2, do as suggested above & report back if the issue still exists.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to judge For This Useful Post:

bosvelt (20-03-13)

Title
    Thanks
    i did manually scan a couple of transponders as well and got nothing

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    i did manually scan a couple of transponders as well and got nothing
    If you're not going to follow the advice given, it's going to be impossible to help you.
    Sorry but I'm out as it's now getting frustrating.

Maybe someone else will jump in & try to explain it again to you.

Title
    Thanks
    i have followed all advice, its the first time i had this problem, i know 100% that my feeds in are ok, i've setup above mentioned boxes plus a TM 5402 hd and 3 Sky f3 boxes as well all on these feeds, i'm sorry if your frustrated, so am i, thanks for your help.

Title
    Thanks

Re: New install tuner problem

UPDATE

So after Protracted (and I mean Protracted)toing and froing with supplier of box and a quick chat to guys at technomate sent box back, then Easter, got box replaced, New box arrived yesterday, setup today and BOOM, everything working fine.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2

15. The Following User Says Thank You to bosvelt For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (18-04-13)

Title
    Thanks
    UPDATE

So after Protracted (and I mean Protracted)toing and froing with supplier of box and a quick chat to guys at technomate sent box back, then Easter, got box replaced, New box arrived yesterday, setup today and BOOM, everything working fine.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2
    Nice one! Now its working and you seem to have used quite a few different boxes be nice to hear your TM2 feed back after some extended use mate.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12