Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Upgrading TM-2T Image from 4d

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    I have to disagree. The latest 4D image is 08/02/2013. Latest public drivers are 20/02/13.

The recording issue is present on both sets of drivers.
    ah, sorry, should have said the latest 4D image would include latest drivers for that image, presume it does or has there been a driver release for 4D since their latest image? not sure here as I don't use it regularly.
    TM had to issue us new drivers because the ones for 4D don't work with ViX.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    reason being, 4D drivers are created for a different OE version, so we had to request new drivers.
    Looks like both have the same recording issue though but as it's so random, it's still hard to track down...

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by judge View Post
    TM had to issue us new drivers because the ones for 4D don't work with ViX.
    and thats half of the problem if you ask me. too many kernel versions that no one knows whats going on, not to mention that 4d is or was OE 1.6 based the last time i looked.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Just made an excel file to compile addresses for downloading drivers to save me manually editing the address.

There are no updated drivers for kernel 3.1.1, not even on 20/02/2013. No wonder they did not issue an updated image.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    and thats half of the problem if you ask me. too many kernel versions that no one knows whats going on, not to mention that 4d is or was OE 1.6 based the last time i looked.
    exactly... TM testing drivers on different kernel & OE versions is all ways going to be a bit of a pain.
    But, it's also their choice on which kernel/OE version to get drivers working properly first.

In this case, it's a pity that ViX gets a bad rep for the same issues.
    Saying that, I wanted the latest drivers pushed to ViX public release as media playback of various file formats is a hundred times better & hadn't noticed any recording issues at the time.
    The randomness of recording issues doesn't help.

Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Just made an excel file to compile addresses for downloading drivers to save me manually editing the address.

There are no updated drivers for kernel 3.1.1, not even on 20/02/2013. No wonder they did not issue an updated image.
    TM are fully aware of the issues & have folks working on them, just a matter of time, hopefully...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to judge For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (20-03-13)

Title
    Thanks
    Guys - this is great. Thanks very much for your help.

Just confirming, did someone paste in the location of the latest 4d image? As I remember seeing it last night, but cant this morning... :|

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ab25657 View Post
    Guys - this is great. Thanks very much for your help.

Just confirming, did someone paste in the location of the latest 4d image? As I remember seeing it last night, but cant this morning... :|
    It's here

Code:
    http://download.for-better.biz/bbs/reply.php?board=tm2toe&num=11
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

ab25657 (21-03-13),musogeek (23-03-13)

Title
    Thanks
    Ok - so I have managed to upgrade to the latest 4d image. This has stopped the majority of freezing on the box, but am having a few problems with the box restarting randomly....

First off, the first thing that I checked was the fan speed as the box was quite warm. Looks like when upgrading, the setting of first and second fans where at 500 rpm. I have since bumped this up to 2000, and havnt had any restarts since. Something to be cautious of in the future.

Title
    Thanks
    do you need to flash a bootloader when going from vix to 4d or can you just flash over cheers

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts

Re: Upgrading TM-2T Image from 4d

There has only been one boot loader, so no.

Just make sure you delete any existing "update" folders in USB. Keep pressing EXIT on receiver when you reboot after flashing.

Title
    Thanks
    ok thanks is the 4d image any better with recording as i got a £270 box that cant records at theminute and its narking me to say the least!! ? cheers

brooke
    Hi could do would some help, i also have has the recording problrm but yesterday my 2t would not start up, all i get is starting on the led on the box, nothing on screen at all. Pleash any help would be great.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Plug out the network cable, usb sticks & restart it.
    Let us know if it works.

brooke
    I have tried that still the same, it will not take a reflash from the usb stick have tried 3 diff types off usb.

brooke
    Still no go, I was reading on another site about pressing the menu button repeadedly should get you into altenative boot section, have tried that and still nothing on screen, am I doing it right, power off at back, power on and keep hitting menu button for about 20 seconds.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast