Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Upgrading TM-2T Image from 4d

Title
    Thanks

Upgrading TM-2T Image from 4d

Guys,

New to the forum. Have been on other forums but this is the only one that I have found a dedicated talk section for my receiver. I am having major problems

Bought the TM-2T a few days ago, and am finding it very good and easy to use. Have even been able to get the mrs using it properly , only for one thing.... IT DOES NOT RECORD EVERYTIME!! Finding this, I have been advised by a few friends to come onto the Vix image. But try as I might, I cannot figure out how to change images!

I have followed the sticky in the thred, but it always opens the 4d image up and never lets me try and run the update. I have also went as drastic as to restore to factory settings, but still it comes up!

Does anyone have any advice for me please. I am losing the will. A bit more information on the reocording, is that when I use the EPG, and select something to record overnight, with the HDD not going on standby at any time, the recording is just blank. It schedules ok, and seems to record the full amount of data, but when I try and play it through media, it just comes up blank and doesnt want to play ball

Any help will be greatly appreciated guys. Thanks in advance!

Adam

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    Make sure you have no other USB devices connected to the box.

Put the update folder onto the root of the USB and stick it in and power down and off / on from the rocker switch and follow VFD when asked to press OK.

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

Title
    If there's a bright centre to the universe, I'm from the planet that is farthest from.
    Thanks

And make sure you press "ok" on the box NOT the remote. Easy mistake to make, but people do.

Sent using sorcery and the magic interwebs

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Thank you for your post ab25657, it adds clarity to another matter. I am afraid that you may get the recording issue with the Vix image too.

With regards to you following the sticky, can you confirm that you have done step 2? Most people are reluctant to format their USB sticks. Deleting the "update" folder will be the best option if this applies to you.

Title
    Thanks
    Have tried doing all in the sticky, but unfortunately it doesnt even bring up the selection for to press ok... Have been trying to update with my portable HDD, of which cannot go to FAT32 as it is more than 4gb. Will get a portable flash drive and try again tomorrow.

When you say that I will get recording issue with the Vix image too, does that mean that there are known issues with recording on this box? Upon looking on threads, many people have said that they dont have any problems with recording at all. Sometimes it records with no problems, others it just goes blank. It is very frustrating.

I was going to go for the Vuo+ Duo, but chose the TM-2T cause of the price and reviews. But having these recording issues I just dont know what to do...

Title
    Thanks
    OK - so I went through some stuff, got a USB 8GB pen drive and was just about to upgrade to the Vix image when my daughter managed to pull the portable hdd out of the front USB port. Soooo, I plugged it into the back USB and started to record. Many minutes and setting changes later, I have managed to record 3 things since... Granted not full programs, as I was testing, but still it is promising.

Something that I have seen that is different from earlier, is that before the portable HDD was setup as media/usb, now it is setup as media/sdb1...

Looks promising. Will check overnight, and will update on the other recording threads on my findings

Title
    Thanks
    The recording issues are only timer related by the looks of things.
    Last edited by abu baniaz; 17-03-13 at 21:38.

Title
    Thanks
    Yes I think so. Also, instead of pressing the record button, I have been pressing timer, and then changing the following:-

After event = do nothing
    Record type = normal

Recording something at the moment so fingers crossed.

The box has sh*t itself once or twice today, and I have had to go and manually change the hdd recording settings to find the USB for some reason. At the moment, it is set against /mnt/usb

Title
    Thanks
    Had a successful recording last night...

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ab25657 View Post
    I would persevere with the 4d image. I have had no recording problems either on a timer or pressing record button since switching from VIX.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ab25657 View Post
    The issue with blank recordings on ALL images not just ViX has now been passed onto the technomate devs directly, I'm still firmly convinced that this is a driver issue so hopefully they can now come up with a suitably quick fix.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Fantastic - thanks Phoenix. I have managed to record a good few things lately. Not completely fault free mind you, but again promising. Anyone any idea on where to get the most up to date drivers and 4d image?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Using the latest 4D image, you will have the latest drivers...
    Same if using ViX.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by judge View Post
    Using the latest 4D image, you will have the latest drivers...
    Same if using ViX.
    I have to disagree. The latest 4D image is 08/02/2013. Latest public drivers are 20/02/13.

The recording issue is present on both sets of drivers.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post

The recording issue is present on both sets of drivers.
    yes thats correct, and we have told TM this directly, although for me at least this problem never materialized on the ViX image until after loading the 20.02.13 drivers to the receiver.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast