Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sky Sports Red buttin HOW???????

Title
    Thanks

Sky Sports Red buttin HOW???????

Hi am using the new mr mister settings i think they are called ' all new vix 28.2...)

the problem i have is that the sky sports interactive button are not correct i think?

yesterday i had the family round watching cricket and it said press red button to continue as there was a clash of programmes so i went to the interactive sky sports channels on the bouquet and nothing came up just formula 1 extra channels?

these are channels 1000 -1008

Any help much appreciated?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    well for starters the is no need to create two different threads for the same thing, one is more than sufficient. now to your problem.

which exact bouquets are you using ie the date they were released ?. also if your using the ViX image on 28.2 east ( sky uk ) why not try the built in ABM plugin to automatically build and update your channels every day ?.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Stan, sorry maye am relatively new to the forum and i was unsure which category would generate intrest.

Am using the vix 28.2 east sky uk bouquets 13-3-13.

how do i find the built in ABM plugin that sounds good, what do u mean it automatically builds channels up? does it categories them into sub headings aswell?

i have found on plugins theres 5 types of autobouquetmakers which one do i need?
    Last edited by qualitycricketer; 16-03-13 at 13:18.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    ABM basically allows you to input you local area so that it can build a custom channel list that exactly mirrors the list as you would get it from a official sky receiver, along with the corresponding channel numbers. now i'm at work rite now so have no access to a receiver to be certain of the path but it can be found in menu> system> ( the section where you setup your tuner cant remember the name ). once setup you can tell it to run automatically each day, i have mine set to update at 04:50 each day.

when setting it up make sure you select both sky UK and freesat options as it needs both to fully populate the list, you can also select the sky Ireland option for those channels only available in Ireland such as setanta which are not available on sky uk.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Menu -> Setup -> Service Searching -> AutoBouquetsMaker

6. The Following User Says Thank You to judge For This Useful Post:

Larry-G (16-03-13)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by judge View Post
    Menu -> Setup -> Service Searching -> AutoBouquetsMaker
    Thanks buddy ( got to write that down LOL as i always forget the correct path. ).

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    thanks- is there a how to?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by qualitycricketer View Post
    thanks- is there a how to?
    you really should not need one, it's a very intuitive and almost self explanatory program. if you do need help however just post in this thread and we will see what we can do to help.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    i can only choose the configure option under menu >system> service> autobouquets?

i can select any other option such as providers, order start scan etc

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    First you need to select your providers ie sky uk and freesat, then you can set each to it's region of choice. once those are setup you can set up things like when you want the scheduled updates to take place or which if any sections you want to hide from showing on your bouquets.

sorry i cant be of much help here as i said i'm at work with no access to a receiver for reference.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    am not sure if i have downloaded the correct file from plugins as there were 5 diff typres there with the same name, the problem i have now is that it crashed whilst selecting the regions now once it has restarted i get the options window if i scroll down to providers it freezes up with the vix symbol spnning the picture is still running, just the menu is frozen!

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    If it's ABM there is nothing to download from the plugins as it's built directly into the image, so just needs to be setup and run.

if no one can help before i finish work this evening i'll fire up mine and do a walk through for you.

SIMPLES.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by qualitycricketer View Post
    am not sure if i have downloaded the correct file from plugins as there were 5 diff typres there with the same name, the problem i have now is that it crashed whilst selecting the regions now once it has restarted i get the options window if i scroll down to providers it freezes up with the vix symbol spnning the picture is still running, just the menu is frozen!
    In that case, I'd start from scratch again & do a fresh flash.
    As pheonix says, nothing needs to be installed for this to work.

Title
    Thanks
    ill try a fresh flash now but what time will u finish as i can be ready for a walkthrough

yes i definately downloaded it from plugins ill look for the latest vix so as u say it shoulb be built in on it which it wasnt on me

Title
    Thanks
    where is the latest vix image? is it 339 build?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast