Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Big trouble with recordings via timer /epg

Title
    Thanks
    Yes I agree with you RL73. For me is was rte 2 hd and albi HD. But as Phoenix says it doesn't happen all the time to me, about 4 in 10 recordings..

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    For me it failed when

Simultaneous recording was set.
    Sky Atlantic HD = fine
    Star Life Ok = failed

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I have similar recording issues with my Gigablue Quad via the epg. Instant recording when the programme is running and Freesat channels seem to be fine but SKY UK seems not to record anything even though the length of the programme is displayed correctly?BBC One HD-2332013-1513.jpgLive Malaysian F1 GP Qualifying-2332013-1533.jpg

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    You didn't have debug logs enabled by any chance? if so please send them in.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    as abu baniaz says, please enable debug logs & upload them here.
    The box, image & build number is included in these logs, so helps us all to track down & reproduce.
    Using the current EPG updates in ViX beta 3.3.36X builds, I've set way too many recordings, all worked properly, so without knowing box, image, build... it's going to be hard to track down.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by judge View Post
    as abu baniaz says, please enable debug logs & upload them here.
    The box, image & build number is included in these logs, so helps us all to track down & reproduce.
    Using the current EPG updates in ViX beta 3.3.36X builds, I've set way too many recordings, all worked properly, so without knowing box, image, build... it's going to be hard to track down.
    OK, will enable so more informed diagnostics can be performed. Will upload when I have them.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I have enabled the crash logs but as the failed recording did not crash the box, I don't know if anything will show up. I post again if any logs appear.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by madaboutlotus View Post
    I have enabled the crash logs but as the failed recording did not crash the box, I don't know if anything will show up. I post again if any logs appear.
    for this it's debug logs we would need not crash logs.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Apologies, my mistake. Will look at the debug logs and see what is on file.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Debug log and crash log sent in and I have a copy on email. I can post it on here but it takes up a lot of space. Will this be looked at by someone in time to see if they can find the problem with recordings. It must be a hell of a task to manage and sift through.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi guys, Im having the same problem with my TM-TWIN-OE. Ill give you a bit of background:

I was using .632. My softcam pluggin is the latest CCcam. I have both tuners fed from a static dish on 28.2E. My recordings are made onto a 1tb Seagate hard drive.

I have observed the problem where I make recordings and playback stutters alot and is unwatchable. I tested many scenarios and I can only replicate it when I schedule simultaneous recordings (both tuners) using the EPG, on premium channels only. Usually one recording will be fine and one will be stuttering very badly. I have noticed this both when the recordings are made while the box is on standby, and also whilst im watching one of the recorded channels.

If I start the recordings manually I have no problems - I have recorded 4 HD channels simultaneously with perfect playback.

Before I stumbled on this thread I thought my problem may have been with the latest version of ViX so I have just re-flashed back to the "stable" version 338. However I now have a different problem (which I think is due to my CCcam lines, and am having that sorted tonight).

How can I help with diagnostics? Does this problem occur on all versions of ViX? Im happy to load any version and help collect data for the devs that need it.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cokebottles View Post
    Hi guys, Im having the same problem with my TM-TWIN-OE. Ill give you a bit of background:

I was using .632. My softcam pluggin is the latest CCcam. I have both tuners fed from a static dish on 28.2E. My recordings are made onto a 1tb Seagate hard drive.

I have observed the problem where I make recordings and playback stutters alot and is unwatchable. I tested many scenarios and I can only replicate it when I schedule simultaneous recordings (both tuners) using the EPG, on premium channels only. Usually one recording will be fine and one will be stuttering very badly. I have noticed this both when the recordings are made while the box is on standby, and also whilst im watching one of the recorded channels.

If I start the recordings manually I have no problems - I have recorded 4 HD channels simultaneously with perfect playback.

Before I stumbled on this thread I thought my problem may have been with the latest version of ViX so I have just re-flashed back to the "stable" version 338. However I now have a different problem (which I think is due to my CCcam lines, and am having that sorted tonight).

How can I help with diagnostics? Does this problem occur on all versions of ViX? Im happy to load any version and help collect data for the devs that need it.
    Exactly my feelings

Title
    Thanks
    seems the problem is know and new drivers are on the way perhaps this week. Recordings have been hit and miss all the time on all 3 models and is not related to image problems but rather the drivers from TM/Factory. Lets hope this is soon fixed as this si a general problem for many if not all users.

cheers

bobi

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Bobi,

New drivers on the way sounds like the right solution. Do you mind if I ask where you heard that information from? As its very exciting, and tbh I didnt think that would happen... Im very glad it is though!

Title
    Thanks
    TM inside information mate :-) it has been said here that they are working on the problem. i my self have send countles videso to some technichian and they are nor try to fix this problme.
    Cant say more, as it would be un-fear of me to presure the guys working at this, if it take more or les days it does not matter, all matters is the guys are working on this.

cheers

bobi

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast