Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Big trouble with recordings via timer /epg

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeyman View Post
    Out of interest has the vix drivers changed last month or so? I noticed recordings started going iffy so went back to older 4d image august time one, also notice it was oscam not working so good on them so use cccam, only problem there get glitching on some channels with that due to servers needing csp update. To be honest tm twin is a bit of a nightmare box my spark triple tuner box does destroy it on stability wise shame because its such a fast box.
    Oscam is the worst cam to use with this receiver in terms of recordings failing. Surprisingly I've had better success with recording on Star Plus HD channel with cccam 2.1.4 as apposed to cccam 2.2.1 although the failed recording issue is still there but failing less frequently.

I'm going to try cccam 2.3.0 to see if I can get rid of the problem also a combination of both oscam+cccam. If the problem is still there I'm going to get rid and will never buy another TM linux receiver again due to inferior support from TM.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mkhan View Post
    Oscam is the worst cam to use with this receiver in terms of recordings failing. Surprisingly I've had better success with recording on Star Plus HD channel with cccam 2.1.4 as apposed to cccam 2.2.1 although the failed recording issue is still there but failing less frequently.

I'm going to try cccam 2.3.0 to see if I can get rid of the problem also a combination of both oscam+cccam. If the problem is still there I'm going to get rid and will never buy another TM linux receiver again due to inferior support from TM.
    What local smartcard are you using?

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by judge View Post
    I'd suggest you answered your own question & re-read the site rules.
    If recordings wern't working again using legit subs, you can be damn sure we'd be seeing lots of complaints, so far we're not...
    What would anyone gain using one of these boxes with a legit sub? might aswell have a legit box that would work properly with it.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob van der Does View Post
    What local smartcard are you using?
    I'm using Sky UK card but not in the TM Twin.

The failed recording issue occurs when viewing as a client and oscam fails on all recordings after a few minutes or the recording is completely blank.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    What would anyone gain using one of these boxes with a legit sub? might aswell have a legit box that would work properly with it.
    well in my case i gain the ability to customize almost every aspect of my receiver exactly to my own liking, I can choose the skin i want to use, i have a far greater EPG than that of a standard sky box and i can stream content to and from multiple receivers and other attached devices. Were not all in this hobby to try and get something for nothing, I know i'm certainly not.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    well in my case i gain the ability to customize almost every aspect of my receiver exactly to my own liking, I can choose the skin i want to use, i have a far greater EPG than that of a standard sky box and i can stream content to and from multiple receivers and other attached devices. Were not all in this hobby to try and get something for nothing, I know i'm certainly not.
    Yeah fair play if you are happy with that is what counts, myself I would want it all done for me with a legit card if I am paying for it hence a legit box. Thanks to the vix guys for keep trying on the tm twin but it is a bad box and most people just accept that now and never say much anymore is why its quiet. Anyway slapping mine on fleabay to get rid now had enough of it then get another spark triple tuner to replace it.

Title
    Thanks
    I'm using Sky UK card but not in the TM Twin.

The failed recording issue occurs when viewing as a client and oscam fails on all recordings after a few minutes or the recording is completely blank.
    With the latest Oscam as a client I found the recording can stop if you change channels or playback the recording while still in progress, where CCcam seems ok but has problems with some channels as a client where latest Oscam does not.

Title
    Thanks
    With the latest Oscam as a client I found the recording can stop if you change channels or playback the recording while still in progress, where CCcam seems ok but has problems with some channels as a client where latest Oscam does not.
    I still have the issue running the latest Oscam version. I'm currently testing the latest version of oscam with cccam 2.30 and haven't had any failed recordings so far for 2 days. However I will continue testing it for a week or so to see if the problem comes back although I'm still not happy with the fact that I can't use Oscam on its own with this receiver.

Also it doesn't appear to be a problem with Oscam sounds more like a driver issue with the cams.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    @Mkhan,
    After you reported the issue last week, I have scheduled recordings of Veera over last few days. They all recorded and played back fine. I didn't watach all of them, just went through them at several minutes till the end.

If you want the forum members to assist they you will need to provide logs. As you say if fails more often then not, then it should be easy enough to reproduce. TM did have issues with oscam at the beginning of the Twin's lifecycle. May well be that they never fiixed it properly. The drivers are used in the Nano, Nano 2T, Single, 2T and Twin, so it is in TM's interest to resolve this. I dare say that if it is an error they made at base level, it will also make its way into the 1.3ghz range. (They messed up OpenTV epg on the TM800 and they implemented the drivers in the same way on the Twin at launch.

Without logs or more details such as your configs etc, nobody is going to be able to reproduce the issues you are having. Once others can reproduce the issue, something can hopefully be done.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Title
    Thanks
    I still have the issue running the latest Oscam version. I'm currently testing the latest version of oscam with cccam 2.30 and haven't had any failed recordings so far for 2 days. However I will continue testing it for a week or so to see if the problem comes back although I'm still not happy with the fact that I can't use Oscam on its own with this receiver.

Also it doesn't appear to be a problem with Oscam sounds more like a driver issue with the cams.
    Yeah the latest oscam clears all the channels great on the tm, but once you start recording its a pain, CCcam seemed fine recording on 4d image from august but the vix latest ones was abit iffy, one problem I has on both latest images 4d and vix was when a recording started current channel being viewed would freeze so I guess somethings been changed on both of them lately. Anyway good news I am a free man now the tm twin oe has been sold it had taken enough of my life away lol.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Anyway good news I am a free man now the tm twin oe has been sold it had taken enough of my life away lol.
    Good news that you sold on a box that you don't see fit for purpose?
    Whose good news is that?

Has anyone on this thread being using a local card for recording purposes?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Ok guys i think this thread has now run it's course and i'm closing it down, if you have a legitimate issue please create a bug report otherwise lets leave it there shall we.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

judge (19-12-13)

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213