Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Big trouble with recordings via timer /epg

Title
    Thanks

Big trouble with recordings via timer /epg

Hi guys.
    as you know form some time back i buy 3 TM boxes , the Single, 2T and the TwinOE

I have had this now for few weeks and im not very very happy with the recordings.

Everytime i add an recording from EPG / Timer then say almost all the recordings are emty for some strange reason.
    Some times 3 out of 4 timers are not working. Last evening i added 5 Timers via the EPG, i come back today to see the Recordings and just found out that all Timers have not been recorded.
    Only one out of five have 5 min of picture then the rest of the recorfd is bad.

This have been tested with Vix 600 build image. tested with softcams like CCcam, Mgcamd and OScam

when i then make recordings via the RED button everything is fine, so this problem happends only when recordings are added via the Timer.
    this is a realy big problem as we cannot make recordings say 3 days ahead.

Another thing i have noticed is that when recordings are made via Timers , the channesl freezes very often , say i make a recording on SKY SPORT 1 HD then i watch say BBC HD while i watch BBC HD i have frequent freezing every few seconds on the channels im looking.

this problems are on all 3 moldes, Single , 2T and the TwinOE, and this problems are not only related to ViX image, as i have tested 4D, OPENAAF, SIF TEAM JACKAL image, and offcourse the ViX image that is my favorite image. and this problems im discribing are on all images. This makes me belive that this problems must be related to the box or the code

If you wonder what setup i have in my dish then i have the following
    Under Tuner configuration i have ADVANCED , then i have a setup with 10 lnbs with a 10 way switchs. this same setup works perfect with Xtrend and Unibox, so it is not a setup problem

I am making this post in hope that some one from TM will read it and perhaps some one here has some way to resolve this problem and help out.

cheers

bobi

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    i Have a Tm-twin and never have any trouble recording from the epg UNLESS the feeds in the back aren't connected properly.

i have recorded many many times this way and all have turned out fine
    TM-Twin*1TB HD*VIX Helios*ABM*CrossEPG*OnDemand*Blue HD 3

TM-Nano*VIX Helios*ABM*CrossEPG*OnDemand*Blue HD 3

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED

3. The Following User Says Thank You to josh_g For This Useful Post:

bobi (13-03-13)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by josh_g View Post
    i Have a Tm-twin and never have any trouble recording from the epg UNLESS the feeds in the back aren't connected properly.

i have recorded many many times this way and all have turned out fine
    same here, which is why were trying to gather as much info as possible about peoples setups who are suffering these issues. the working theory at the moment is a driver problem, if this is the case it's something only TM can fix.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

bobi (13-03-13),josh_g (13-03-13)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bobi View Post
    Hi guys.
    as you know form some time back i buy 3 TM boxes , the Single, 2T and the TwinOE

I have had this now for few weeks and im not very very happy with the recordings.

Everytime i add an recording from EPG / Timer then say almost all the recordings are emty for some strange reason.
    Some times 3 out of 4 timers are not working. Last evening i added 5 Timers via the EPG, i come back today to see the Recordings and just found out that all Timers have not been recorded.
    Only one out of five have 5 min of picture then the rest of the recorfd is bad.

This have been tested with Vix 600 build image. tested with softcams like CCcam, Mgcamd and OScam

when i then make recordings via the RED button everything is fine, so this problem happends only when recordings are added via the Timer.
    this is a realy big problem as we cannot make recordings say 3 days ahead.

Another thing i have noticed is that when recordings are made via Timers , the channesl freezes very often , say i make a recording on SKY SPORT 1 HD then i watch say BBC HD while i watch BBC HD i have frequent freezing every few seconds on the channels im looking.

this problems are on all 3 moldes, Single , 2T and the TwinOE, and this problems are not only related to ViX image, as i have tested 4D, OPENAAF, SIF TEAM JACKAL image, and offcourse the ViX image that is my favorite image. and this problems im discribing are on all images. This makes me belive that this problems must be related to the box or the code

If you wonder what setup i have in my dish then i have the following
    Under Tuner configuration i have ADVANCED , then i have a setup with 10 lnbs with a 10 way switchs. this same setup works perfect with Xtrend and Unibox, so it is not a setup problem

I am making this post in hope that some one from TM will read it and perhaps some one here has some way to resolve this problem and help out.

cheers

bobi
    hello
    bobi

iv got the same problem on my singal 2t and twin and on vix image and 4d image, with sata and usb???
    id love to know why?
    it is when you set the box to record though epg and if the box is on stand buy it will record no problem but if you are watching when the recording is due to start then it will try to record but will show black screen depending on wot channel it is on???
    it dont seam to matter wot image so might be driver???
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed is either hypothetical, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it !

7. The Following User Says Thank You to skyboxhd For This Useful Post:

bobi (13-03-13)

Title
    Thanks
    I hope you did understand my findings here.
    One thing must be told, im not a new begginer with Linux boxes and have had a handfull of this boxes. I have been and im betatesetr for few images with a diferent nickname :-)

Becouse i did not understand you correctly what do you mean by "feeds" do you mean the cables ? if it is the cables you mean then i can say that they are correctly connected as im an Installer and i know what im doing :-) No ofence thetre :-)

Another thing is that the same cables works flawles in the Xtrend 9500 HD and Venton HD3 boxes, so if the fed was a problem then it will be even for the other boxes to not only for TM boxes.

Im not trying to bash or smash any box here, im just trying to find out what is the problem, and this is not a normal problem as the recordings made by timer some time works and some time they just do not.
    If it was an connection problem or an diseqc switch then im sure i have tested with no diseqc and directly from one lnb with one cable, i have even today try and added a totaly new cable from LNB to the box.

Anyway thank you for your replay, it is much appritiated any help and ideas :-)

cheers

bobi

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bobi View Post

Im not trying to bash or smash any box here, im just trying to find out what is the problem, and this is not a normal problem as the recordings made by timer some time works and some time they just do not.
    If it was an connection problem or an diseqc switch then im sure i have tested with no diseqc and directly from one lnb with one cable, i have even today try and added a totaly new cable from LNB to the box.

Anyway thank you for your replay, it is much appritiated any help and ideas :-)

cheers

bobi
    No one on this forum would even consider suggesting that, This in my opinion is a very serious matter that we are trying to get to the bottom of and as it's happening over various images it strongly suggests that it may be a driver related issue, and sadly drivers are one area that we have no control over. all we can do is gather as much data as possible to try and find out whats going on, if it is deemed as a driver issue then we can only notify TM and hope they come along with a quick fix.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

bobi (13-03-13)

Title
    Thanks
    thanks for replay to you to :-)
    Im not a programer but to me this seems totaly a driver problem. i have no other explenation about this becouse i use the same Image on all boxes, ViX on every box and on Xtrend 9500 HD with 2 tuners and Venton Unibox HD3 with 3 tuners and same setup everthing works fine. So it cant be the image or the cables or the diseqc switch or the emulator as.
    I belive this must be driver related but cant prove it.

What is very fuzzy to me is how come that this works for some and not for others, can this be there are some faulty boxes there ? becouse drivers are the same for those that work and those that do not.

cheers

bobi

Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    same here, which is why were trying to gather as much info as possible about peoples setups who are suffering these issues. the working theory at the moment is a driver problem, if this is the case it's something only TM can fix.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi guys, I also have a TM Twin running Vix 3 Build 632 & I set up 5 recodings via the epg on Friday 15th March, whilst all programes appeared to have recorded, when I went into each the time duration was massive something like 2147 mins or so, and the TM twin was unable any of the recordings. Although, some earlier recordings which I had previously watched could be played ok. I have noticed this happening for a few weeks now & I have to set up muliptle recordings of a show like 5th gear as I can not rely on one recording to work correctly. If I can supply any more info please let me know.......

On a positive note I set up two recordings last night & all appear to have completed Ok.............Spevs

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    We currently have a thread open in the DEV section with regard to this and were finding this problem over multiple images with at least the last two sets of drivers, which is another indication that this is likely driver related. we are still looking into things but any info you can supply such as your setup ie which cams you use etc, and any debug logs you have for these times will be helpful.

SIMPLES.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

bobi (17-03-13),Wizard55 (17-03-13)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Please see this post. http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...814#post202814 Someone else reporting same issue on non-vix image.

Title
    Thanks
    I too had this fault on more than one occassion with VIX. I have been running 4d for the last month now and have not missed one recording with both timers and record button recordings. Dont jump on me as I know this is predominantly a VIX site, just sharing my experiences.
    Quote Originally Posted by spevs View Post
    Hi guys, I also have a TM Twin running Vix 3 Build 632 & I set up 5 recodings via the epg on Friday 15th March, whilst all programes appeared to have recorded, when I went into each the time duration was massive something like 2147 mins or so, and the TM twin was unable any of the recordings. Although, some earlier recordings which I had previously watched could be played ok. I have noticed this happening for a few weeks now & I have to set up muliptle recordings of a show like 5th gear as I can not rely on one recording to work correctly. If I can supply any more info please let me know.......

On a positive note I set up two recordings last night & all appear to have completed Ok.............Spevs

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Nobody is going to jump on you.

This is a Vix site so most people posting here will be using Vix. If the recording issue was widespread on all models, then many people would have reported it. The only thing that was "widespread" was when the ecm recording setting was changed. But this has been addressed.

The only receivers experiencing the timer recording issues are the TM ones.

The TM latest batches are good receivers. Hopefully they can address the recording issue better than the time going out of sync and hdmi issues.

@Those who read debug logs, did the logs show anything concrete or still random issue?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Big trooble with recordings via timer /epg

Quote Originally Posted by RL73 View Post
    I too had this fault on more than one occassion with VIX. I have been running 4d for the last month now and have not missed one recording with both timers and record button recordings. Dont jump on me as I know this is predominantly a VIX site, just sharing my experiences.
    No one is going to jump on you for reporting your findings, we have had pretty much all of our TM testers looking into this and it's very hit and miss to be able to replicate but it is consistent among all images ViX and 4D included.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    I encountered the problem on VIX most of the time when 2 recordings started simultaeneoulsy. I also seem to think it was when the 2 recordings where HD channels and subscription channels.

Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    No one is going to jump on you for reporting your findings, we have had pretty much all of our TM testers looking into this and it's very hit and miss to be able to replicate but it is consistent among all images ViX and 4D included.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RL73 View Post
    I encountered the problem on VIX most of the time when 2 recordings started simultaeneoulsy. I also seem to think it was when the 2 recordings where HD channels and subscription channels.
    prior to encountering this problem my self i did several tests with HD channels and at one point had 5 HD channels all recording from a single tuner on the TM 2T for over a hour without any problems at all, i was able to change between any and all of them and even watch them via the media player while still recording.

That said i still find it quite difficult to replicate these recording problems and i have well over a dozen timers set for the 3 days i'm doing these long night shifts all of which work fine. for me it mainly shown when i try to record the walking dead on fox HD while watching another channel.

SIMPLES.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast