Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: about to buy a dreambox 800hd

Title
    Thanks

about to buy a dreambox 800hd

Hi I am about to buy a dreambox 800hd genuine but the lcd screen has stopped working would this stop anyone from buying it ?? He is letting me have it for £130 and has said everything else is working fine any advice on what to do ?? Cheers

Title
    Thanks
    if it is a genuine box it will be quite old, if a part has failed now, then what next?
    for about £45 more you could get a brand new GENUINE vu+ solo from the sponsor and this forum can supply all the support you will ever need.
    the dreambox is a good box, but i would rather spend my money on a better boz such as the solo.
    good luck however you decide.
    Quote Originally Posted by mustard99 View Post
    Hi I am about to buy a dreambox 800hd genuine but the lcd screen has stopped working would this stop anyone from buying it ?? He is letting me have it for £130 and has said everything else is working fine any advice on what to do ?? Cheers

3. The Following User Says Thank You to roy0110 For This Useful Post:

mustard99 (12-03-13)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    plus if you do go for a solo for example from the sponsor you get a warranty which you wont get with the DM and as a forum member you can get a voucher for a fiver off the price too.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    I have just seen the vu solo on ebay with the or best offer do you think I could get one for the £130 that I would of spent on the dm ??

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    if it's the sponsors ebay page make him a reasonable offer, see what he says. but be careful on ebay as there are many many scammers selling clones on there.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    The sponsor wants 174 abit out of my budget would the dreambox be that much of a bad buy? Just as a starter ?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    The sponsor wants 174 abit out of my budget would the dreambox be that much of a bad buy? Just as a starter ?
    it should do for what you want,. but it is a older box.

SIMPLES.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    174 is a decent price...
    You could also look at the http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/...llite-Receiver if you need something cheaper.

Title
    Thanks
    With it being a older box would it matter ? As I would only use the dreambox or vu solo just for basic tv watching wouldnt use 90% of the rest of the features just movies and sport but if it is a old box does that matter much ? Thanks so far phoenix

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Personally, I'd go for the MaxDigital linked in my above post.
    With £5 forum members discount, it's only £4 more than the box you're thinking of buying & will have full warranty.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to judge For This Useful Post:

Mr. Mister (12-03-13),warajoker (12-03-13)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    With it being a older box would it matter ? As I would only use the dreambox or vu solo just for basic tv watching wouldnt use 90% of the rest of the features just movies and sport but if it is a old box does that matter much ? Thanks so far phoenix
    That depends on what you would want to do with the box in the future and which image you would eventually settle for. for example there is no ViX or official BH image for the DM platform.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,677 Times in 1,190 Posts
    Good call..

I would also go for the max digitial xp1000..

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    The DM800 was a good box in its day, but to be honest compared with whats available now its painfully slow.

I have had a play with one of the MaxDigital XP1000 boxes and they are very quick and they look the part too. I would spend the extra £4 and go for the XP1000.

As other posters have said if the display has gone how long is it going to be before something else fails on it.

Nano
    Xtrend ET9500, 1m Gilbertini, 75cm Visiosat BISAT G3a triple lnb dish, EMP Centauri IRS system, Formuler F3, Venton Unibox Eco+, nBox 5800s, TechniSat SkyStar 2 eXpress HD PCI-e card

16. The Following User Says Thank You to manicscrewdriver For This Useful Post:

mustard99 (12-03-13)

Title
    V.I.P Member
    Thanks
    DM800 has reached its end of life and is no longer supported by DMM, by end of life I mean it is obsolete. £130 ? You must be off your head.

It's worth about £50 maybe even less due to the lcd failure.

Also are you really happy to wait 4 mins to boot and over 12 mins to load a single epg ?
    Vu Duo 4K - Vu + Solo4K - Vu + Uno4K - Vu+Uno - Vu+Ultimo4K - Vu+ Zero - Vu+Solo-SE (In Black Evo ) - PrismCube

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Donnie For This Useful Post:

Larry-G (12-03-13),manicscrewdriver (13-03-13),Mr. Mister (13-03-13),mustard99 (13-03-13)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks guys so glad I ask for advice on here first. And even gladder now I never bought it I think I am gonna get the maxi digital xp1000 as reccomended by a few wise men on here. Just before I do buy is this box newbie friendly as I have no experince what so ever with what these boxs can do just neede it to be 1) hd 2) 3d ready 3)easy to use. Also ifi have cable running into three seperate roomss from 1 dish would I be able to just unplug and move the box into whatever room I want to watch it in ? Cheers everyone

20. The Following User Says Thank You to mustard99 For This Useful Post:

Donnie (13-03-13)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast