Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: OE-Alliance OnDemand release Thread.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts

OE-Alliance OnDemand release Thread.

Team ViX in association with the OE-Alliance are proud to present the OE-Alliance OnDemand player.

The OE-Alliance OnDemand player is a revolutionary piece of software for use with your enigma 2 based set top box, allowing you to access many until now unavailable OnDemand "catchup" services such as the world famous BBCiplayer, ITV player, 4OD player, Three player, RTE player and the OUG player with the possibility of more to come.

This is the one and only official version of the OE-Alliance OnDemand player, www.World-of-satellite.com is the one and only official forum for news, updates and development of this plugin. if you have any comments, questions or suggestions about the OE-Alliance OnDemand player please feel free to do so within this thread.

if you would like to follow progress of the OE-Alliance OnDemand plugin from the GIT you can via the following link.
    https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-al...aster/OnDemand

Some of the features introduced into the OE-Alliance OnDemand plugin here first as follows.

-GEO unlocking of the BBCiplayer, ITV player and 4OD players.
    -Search function allowing you to search for specific programs or movies, quickly and efficiently.
    -stream quality option, allowing you to set your preferred default stream quality or bit-rate in those players which support it,
    -4OD player ( based on the work of mossy from the XBMC version )

OE-Alliance OnDemand Main Menu Screen.

OE-Alliance OnDemand Configuration Screen

OE-Alliance OnDeamnd Credits and About screen ( please see the terms of the licence below for this screen )

while we welcome and acknowledge other modified or so called "DeVixed" versions of this plugin we can not offer support for those here as we have no involvement with their development. ( if their developers would like to work together towards a better more compatible plugin we are here and willing to consider such a alliance ).

Please find enclosed a copy of the GPLv2 licence as included with this plugin below.

All Files of this Software are licensed under the GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE
    Version 2, June 1991, with the following amendments.

This plugin is NOT free software. It is open source, you are allowed to
    modify it (if you keep the license and do not change or remove the 'About' screen),
    but it may not be commercially distributed other than under the conditions noted above.
    This applies to the source code as a whole as well as to parts of it, unless
    explicitly stated otherwise.
    The OE-Alliance OnDemand plugin is now available directly from the ViX image feeds meaning that with every image update you will get the very latest version of the plugin first before any one else does. all dependencies are built directly into the feeds so no need to run any telnet commands etc. you will however have to delete any previous version first before you download the latest version from the feeds.

Menu> Plugins> ( green to download ) > extensions> OnDemand.

If reporting any issues, please state image, build number & the country you are trying to view from.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

bassethound (11-03-13),cosie (11-03-13),judge (11-03-13),mickd (11-03-13),Newbie2 (07-04-13),RogerThis (11-03-13),s1m0nw (11-03-13)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    This is the only place where we will post updates and changelogs for the Official OE-Alliance OnDemand player, a new support thread will be opened on the forum in a few minutes and i'll upload the link here.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...894#post201894
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    OE-Alliance OnDemand

Full changelog.

-[OnDemand] add new plugin.

-[OnDemand] cleanup and fix imports.
    -[OnDemand] stop possible BSOD.

-[onDemand] Update OnDemand/src/plugin.py Varies bug fixes
    -[onDemand] Update OnDemand/src/plugin.py whoops
    -onDemand] Update OnDemand/src/bbciplayer.py BBC Varies bug fixes

-[onDemand] A complete rewrite of the threeplayer.py plugin
    -A total rewrite of the threeplayer.py file to bring it in line with the format of the other onDemand plugins. New method to parse the html using lxml so a new dependancy for this to be installed also.
    -The plugin still needs work for the findPlayUrl function, this is very slow but I could not figure out a quicker way to get this to run.
    -[onDemand] threeplayer.py tidyup
    -Some of the code vs the Git became out of line so tidyup. Also, existing import "from . import _" caused Import Error so removed.
    -[OnDemand] fix translation code. this import IS required.
    -[onDemand] Fix Tabing issues
    -Tidy up the code as I had lots of tabbing issues. Also, only call findPlayUrl for the Section "Straight off the Telly" as we can determine the mp4 url for the other sections by using the icon url.
    -[onDemand] Add Icons
    -[onDemand] Remove thumbs.db
    -[onDemand] Added judge's update for plugin.py
    -[onDemand] Fix threeplayer.py skipping shows
    -When pulling the media data I was looking for div's that had and id = "gridshow" instead of an id containing "gridshow". This resulted in every 5th show getting dropped (Good spot Sean)
    -Also, putting in some of Seans code to remove the call to BeautifulSoup in the function findPlayUrl so this should help speed up getting the stream going.
    -[OnDemand] cleanup and fixed line endings (now LF (Linux) instead of CRLF (windows)).

-[OnDemand] Update rteolayer to use lxml
    -A good few changes to rteplayer.py
    -Mainly use lxml to retrieve the feeds
    -Update to categories to also show a thumbnail
    -Change location for default icon if show images is false
    -A small change to threeplayer.py
    -Change location of the default icon if show images is false
    -A general tidyup on tabs in rteplayer.py and default.py also
    -[OnDemand] fix build.

-[OnDemand] About Text Fix
    -The format of the about text was all out of line
    -[onDemand] Remove duplicate screens & code
    -Moved set-up show images to main screen
    -Removed duplicate about screens as it's handled in main screen
    -[OnDemand] Use same screen as other ondemand players.

-[OnDemand] itvplayer.py - Use TUNLR for Non-UK IP
    -A quick update to check for an error returned from urllib2 when retrieving the stream url.
    -If an "InvalidGeoRegion" error is thrown then launch again using the TUNLR IP.

-[OnDemand] itvplayer Extra Debug Output
    -When a HTTPError is thrown but it is not a Geo error need to print the output of the exception.

-[onDemand] Updated with Markus's Icons
    -Still needs 3player icon & large icons for default players.

-[OnDemand] threeplayer.py fix Straight Stream
    -The html that was being returned for the Striahgt off the Telly streams had changed so I needed to change the findPlayUrl function to retrieve the mp4 url.
    -Changed it slightly also so that it should future proof it a bit if it changes again in the future.
    -Also added a few MessageBox popup's to display an error if this happens in future.

-[OnDemand] threeplayer.py fix crash
    -Need to indent findPlayUrl to include it within the StreamThumb class
    -[OnDemand] threeplayer.py Fix Crash
    -When moving findPlayUrl within the StreamsThumb class I didn't include the self text when calling the function.

-[OnDemand] threeplayer.py - Better Error Handling
    -Make better use of error handling from findPlayUrl

-[OnDemand] add common library module, recode menu to use new common code that can be shared across plugin's
    -[OnDemand] add 4OD, and cleanup, and use new commons library.
    -[OnDemand] OUG Fixes and Default Image
    -Tidy up the data parsing for the RTL streams and also fix the navigating issues.
    -Pass the defaultImg to the commonModules for each player
    -[OnDemand] OUG - Thumbnail Retrievel Fix
    -OUG handles humbnails slightly differently than the other plugins. Needed to make a slight adjustment in CommonModules.py when constructing the thumbnail name.

-[OnDemand] Attempt GEO fix for 4OD
    -It was higlighted that that the streams returned from 4Od beginning with rtmpe://ll worked and the rtmpe://ak ones didn't.
    -I have added a fudge to loop for MaxTimes for Non-UK users to try and obtain an rtmpe://ll stream. If not then an error message is thrown

-[OnDemand] Add Search option to rteplayer.py
    -As the title says, a new menu item has been added to search for programmes on the RTE Player Website
    -[OnDemand] Add Search option to threeplayer.py
    -A new search menu item has been added to the 3 Player to search for programmes on tv3.ie

-[OnDemand] Updates and Bug Fixes
    -bbciplayer.py
    - Add a new Search Menu Option
    - Handle parsing Dates more efficiently
    - Fix invalid link for Sports Category (Thanks Mickd)
    -rteplayer.py
    - Move Search menu item to top of list
    - Handle parsing Dates more efficiently
    -threeplayer.py
    - Move Search menu item to top of list
    -[OnDemand] Add a Search Menu Option to fourOD.py
    -A search option has now been added to the 4OD plugin. One small issue is that the search source is from channel4.com and some of the results are not available on ps3.channel4.com. I output an error message when this occurs.
    -[OnDemand] Add Search menu option for itvplayer.py
    -Add a search option for itvplayer.py

-[OnDemand] Fix Stream Data containing &
    -Update for all players to handle the & character.
    -[OnDemand] Fix some data parsing Issues
    -Issues with dates and also data not being a string.

-[OnDemand] add option to hide from 'MainMenu, PluginBrowser & Extensions', clean up py code.
    -[OnDemand] add license to plugin.
    -[OnDemand] tweak main menu, also tweak the list.
    -[OnDemand] tweak RTE image.
    -[onDemand] fix build
    -[OnDemand] fix About screen keymap.
    -[OnDemand] All Players - Pass Back Duration
    -Passing back duration fiels (if it exists) from each player to commonModules
    -Also some code tidyup
    -[OnDemand] Fix findPlayUrl stream Error
    -Another good spot by mickD.
    -TV3 have changed the netConnectionUrl for the Straight Off the Telly section. They are now rtmpe url's instead of rtmp url's.

-[OnDemand] fix EndOfFile exit.
    -[OnDemand] tweak config menu.
    -[OnDemand] more cleanup and streamline code.
    -[OnDemand] be less verbose.
    -[OnDemand] add Title to EpisodeList screen.
    -[OnDemand] add duration to screen.
    -[OnDemand] fix Search.
    -[OnDemand] list tweak.
    -[OnDemand] New Config option for Preferred Quality
    -Removed the need to select stream quality for BBC & ITV players. Instead a new config option has been added to set your preferred quality and the player will try best to match that qulaity.
    -[OnDemand] Update required for plugin.py Missed adding the ConfigSelection type
    -[OnDemand] Preferred Quality Changes For BBC iPlayer and ITV Player if we have already found the preferred quality setting then break and stop looking further. Faster to play the stream potentially.
    -[OnDemand] Update required for plugin.py Missed adding the ConfigSelection type
    -[OnDemand] Preferred Quality Changes
    -For BBC iPlayer and ITV Player if we have already found the preferred quality setting then break and stop looking further. Faster to play the stream potentially.
    -[FanControl] remove unused module.

-[OnDemand] fix typo's.
    -[OnDemand] use 'Regular' font for Title in the embedded screen as other skins may not have 'Boldit'.
    -[OnDemand] Add a HD Option for BBC iPlayer
    -New config option to play the HD streams from the BBC iPlayer.
    -Currently this will only work for UK users, limelight doesn't seem to send data for HD streams.
    -[OnDemand] Add BBC HD Streams for Non-UK A big thanks to Rogerthis for this info!! We can now play HD streams from outside the UK also

SIMPLES.

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

finos (03-04-13),mcquaim (16-03-13),naveh (17-03-13),Sicilian (16-03-13)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    -[OnDemand] Add ABC iView Player
    -New player for our Oz users, Currently only available to users in Oz I'm afraid.
    -[OnDemand] Update Credits
    -I forgot to add credits to Andy Botting for his great work on the XBMC ABC iView Add-on.
    -[OnDemand] Update to ABC iView
    -I left a debug piece of code for exception handling in the plugin by accident. This would have prevented any categories from returning.

SIMPLES.

7. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Alanp (22-03-13),bassethound (22-03-13),finos (03-04-13),harryt (23-03-13),huey (25-04-13),josh_g (22-03-13),mcquaim (22-03-13),mickd (22-03-13),Raitsa (22-03-13),shizik (22-03-13),stick50jr (22-03-13)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    -[OnDemand] BBC iPlayer Play Stream Update
    -Currently if we don't find the preferred stream quality or lower an error message is thrown and nothing is played even if a playable stream is found.
    -We are now going to play the available stream now anyway even if it doesn't match the preferred quality setting but a message will be displayed to notify you that this has happened.

SIMPLES.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

finos (03-04-13),naveh (03-04-13),washere (27-03-13)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    For those who have updated to Build 641 and are getting a error in the plugins menu with ( builder ).

you need to install the python-beautifulsoup-builder dependencies in order to use OnDemand again.

This can be done either via a Telnet session with the following command

Code:
    opkg install python-beautifulsoup-builder
    or by manually installing this .ipk file. This will fix the Builder issue and again allow you to use OnDemand with the latest Builds.

SIMPLES.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    -[OnDemand] add fallback for images that do not have 'SCOPE_ACTIVE_SKIN'.

SIMPLES.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

finos (03-04-13)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    -[OnDemand] update GUI for main menu.

SIMPLES.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    - [OnDemand] Fix OpenUitzending gemist (thanks Aux99).

SIMPLES.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    - [OnDemand] fourOD Feeds Update- The feeds for fourOD have changed to need to update the plugin to use
    - new menu item tag.

SIMPLES.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    -09-06-2013
    -[OnDemand] bbciplayer.py
    -updated swfurl links for bbciplayer. ( Thanks to Digidude for the fix.)

you can either wait for the next build ( after 680 ) or FTP bbciplayer.py file into /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/OnDemand/ ( delete any bbciplayer.py / bbciplayer.pyo files already in there ) then perform a GUI reboot for the fix to take hold.

SIMPLES.

17. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

BubbleBalls (09-06-13),GMG (10-06-13),hanenyo (10-06-13),hifial (09-06-13),stick50jr (12-06-13),tomthebomb1968 (10-06-13),zola25 (10-06-13)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    -[OnDemand] Update tunlr DNS server settings ( Thanks mickd for the heads up )

you can either wait for the next build ( after 703 or 704 ) or FTP the CommonModules.py file into /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/OnDemand/ ( delete any CommonModules.py / CommonModules.pyo files already in there ) then perform a GUI reboot for the fix to take hold.

Please remember to delete the CommonModules.py once the receiver has rebooted and it has generated the new CommonModules.pyo file

SIMPLES.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

maver (31-07-13),mben (22-07-13),mcquaim (22-07-13),Raitsa (23-07-13)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    -[Translations] NL Update, Thanks Rob.

-[Translations] ET-Update, thanks Rimas.

-[OnDemand] Remove 4OD and OUG
    -4OD can't currently be fixed and OUG is not currently being maintained so they are being removed until a time that a fix has been made for either.

SIMPLES.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

duoduo (15-08-13)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    - [OnDemand] iRadio
    - Adding a new Internet Radio plugin to OnDemand
    - Radio Sources from:
    - SHOUTcast
    - Tunein

many thanks to mcquaim for all his hard work and bringing this update.

- [OnDemand] Bug Fixes …
    - The Show Thumbnail config option did not work on any of the players. If the setting is set to No then the Thumbnail section will be hidden - Also, the Categories section in RTE was not working due to a change in the underlying XML.
    Last edited by mcquaim; 02-10-13 at 14:32.

SIMPLES.

23. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (02-10-13),alba1978 (02-10-13),duoduo (02-10-13),judge (02-10-13),mcquaim (02-10-13),Rob van der Does (02-10-13),Sicilian (03-10-13)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    - [Translations] NL-update.

- [OnDemand] Use Unlocator instead of Tunlr for non-UKvWith Tunlr now closed down non-UK users needed an alternative forvviewing ITV and BBC.
    - I am now going to use Unlocator, seems to work well. You need to create an account (https://unlocator.com/) and it's currently free.

SIMPLES.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

zoro25 (28-02-14)