Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: movies from pc to vu+ duo no go

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    @ xarqi

do you have a firewall running on your PC ? can you ping your pc from your vu + box ?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I have no firewall on the pc but have a linux firewall on the router between the box and pc. Was just wondering there too if there are ports that need to be forwarded? Cant check a ping at the minute as im in work.

Title
    Thanks
    yo mate can you give me the link to the 64bit hotfix please

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I got the hotfix here:

http://support.microsoft.com/hotfix/...571&kbln=en-us

Tick the checkbox for the version you need, x64 is the middle one. Fill in your details below and they email you the hotfix.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ynwa View Post
    Do i need to share folders also?
    I'd certainly hope so. You may also need to specify which users can access them. How this is done under Windozer, I've no idea.

Title
    Thanks
    i got that mate but itssaying when i try to install it, the update is not applicable to your computer, whats this mean mate

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Chunkey View Post
    @ xarqi

do you have a firewall running on your PC ? can you ping your pc from your vu + box ?
    Two I believe, one in my modem/router/hub/access point, and a software one in my Mac. I suspect that they only affect traffic coming from beyond my LAN. As for pinging in that direction, I've never tried, so let's see:
    Code:
    $ telnet 192.168.1.50
    Trying 192.168.1.50...
    Connected to 192.168.1.50.
    Escape character is '^]'.

PLi? openpli vuduo

vuduo login: root
    Password: 
    root@vuduo ~ # ping 192.168.1.40
    PING 192.168.1.40 (192.168.1.40): 56 data bytes
    64 bytes from 192.168.1.40: seq=0 ttl=64 time=0.427 ms
    64 bytes from 192.168.1.40: seq=1 ttl=64 time=0.398 ms
    64 bytes from 192.168.1.40: seq=2 ttl=64 time=0.341 ms
    64 bytes from 192.168.1.40: seq=3 ttl=64 time=0.462 ms
    Yup. Slow, but I've got an upload running hogging bandwidth.

Quote Originally Posted by madmanuk View Post
    i got that mate but itssaying when i try to install it, the update is not applicable to your computer, whats this mean mate
    I'm not sure what "it" is, but whatever, maybe you'd better look for a variant that matches your hardware architecture and operating system.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Strange. It worked for me without a problem. Youre definately using a 64bit OS?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Xarqi

When you browse the network from your vu+ box do you see your Mac ?

Title
    Thanks
    its a pc and yes running win 64bit, it does see my pc but thats it, it did pic up my sons laptop running xp home and did see the files but there was nothing in there.
    thanks

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Same as what i have even with the hotfix installed. Based on what i have read on different sites and on what xarqi says above, i may need to set up my permissions correctly on the shared folders. Found this guide on some site which im going to try when i get home from work.

Code:
    http://www.ucassupport.nl/download/Dreambox/CIFS_How_To.pdf
    Anybody have any other guides on drive mounting i would love to see them. Also any guides on mounting a NAS drive would be great as im also having trouble with that!

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Right, getting somewhere now. Got all the folders shared and mounted successfully. Was a permission issue on the shared folder.

I can now browse the folders in media player and can see all the sub folders, but cant see anything in them. Is there only certain types of videos can be played, and divx etc not be played?

Need to try and get my NAS mounted now.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Chunkey View Post
    Xarqi

When you browse the network from your vu+ box do you see your Mac ?
    Yes - that much works fairly reliably. It was when I tried to "expand" the listing for the Mac that things got a bit weird, since I couldn't, even though I'd done all I could think of at both ends to make the shared folders visible. It was cycling the main power on the Duo that I associate with this part starting to work.

Right, getting somewhere now. Got all the folders shared and mounted successfully. Was a permission issue on the shared folder.

I can now browse the folders in media player and can see all the sub folders, but cant see anything in them. Is there only certain types of videos can be played, and divx etc not be played?

Need to try and get my NAS mounted now.
    Progress! Excellent.
    I don't have a full answer to your question, sorry. What I can say is that while the Duo creates about 4 files for each recording event, only one entry is visible. Where I've copied a video file in, I see it. I haven't copied any other file types in to check. So far, to my delight, the Duo has played everything I've fed it: MPG, FLV, TS, AVI, DivX, XviD, MKV. This is via the "Recorded Files" function mind you, not via the "Media Player", which may be different.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to xarqi For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (06-10-10)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    My mistake. divx seems to be ok, i have a lot of files in wmv format which arent seen. I guess these arent playable?

Title
    Thanks
    My mistake. divx seems to be ok, i have a lot of files in wmv format which arent seen. I guess these arent playable?
    That's one I haven't tried, sorry. I think I only have one such on my system, an email attachment somebody sent me once.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast