Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: movies from pc to vu+ duo no go

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    What you see is what it can play.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ynwa View Post
    Right, getting somewhere now. Got all the folders shared and mounted successfully. Was a permission issue on the shared folder.

I can now browse the folders in media player and can see all the sub folders, but cant see anything in them. Is there only certain types of videos can be played, and divx etc not be played?

Need to try and get my NAS mounted now.
    Ynwa, can you please elaborate on first the permissions issue and then your mount manager settings???
    thanks,D.

Title
    Thanks
    i still not getting anywhee i have installed the hotfix on win7 64bit and 32 bit the box finds the pc but thats it no folders it says in the pc the files are shared so i just don't know,with this and no hd channels on the box and all the good talk about what this box can do its looking just as bad as the dm800 to me,if i don't get this sorted soon its going on ebay and ill just get a cheap box.
    thanks

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by denis1501 View Post
    Ynwa, can you please elaborate on first the permissions issue and then your mount manager settings???
    thanks,D.
    Have a look at the first few pages of this guide. It deals with the whole permissions side.

Code:
    http://www.ucassupport.nl/download/Dreambox/CIFS_How_To.pdf
    You just need to set up a new user account on your PC, then give that user permission to access the shared folders. Then when youre mounting the drive, you use the username and password for the new user to connect. I will get you my settings when i get home from work later.
    Last edited by Sicilian; 07-10-10 at 14:00. Reason: removed live link

Title
    Thanks
    thats guide is just for xp isent it mate i need a guide for window 7

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Yeah it works the same. Im on Win7 myself.

I think you may even just be able to go into User Account in windows 7 (if you dont do it the way of the guide), set up a new account there (I just vuplus), add a password too. then, when you go into sharing to set up the shared folder, click on permission. In there Add a new user for permission, type in the name of the new account you set up, and give them whatever permissions you need. (I just gave full control to the account).

When you go to mount the drive, use CIFS so you can enter the user name and password you just set up. make sure you get the PC IP right, and the share name will be what you shared the folder as.

ill be able to give you a better description of how i set it up when i get home and can see my settings and see the win7 screens.

Title
    Thanks
    i'll have a go in abit mate let you know thanks

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Right had a quick check. Should be just a question of going to Control Panel, User Accounts. Add a new user in there (say VUPlus). Go to folder properties of the folder you want to share, in sharing you can set a name for the Share, say movies. Also in there should be a button for permissions. In there add a new user for the folder, enter name you created (VUPlus).

Then on the VU+, go to add a new mount. Use settings:

Active -- enable
    Local Share Name -- movies (can be anything you want)
    Mount Type -- CIFS Share
    Server IP -- your Pc / Mac IP Address
    Server Share -- movies (or whatever you named the share in the folder properties)
    use as HD replacement -- no (i have internal HD)
    mount options -- rw
    username -- VUPlus (the new account i created)
    password -- (enter password for the new user account)

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ynwa For This Useful Post:

denis1501 (07-10-10),micscave (08-10-10),Sicilian (07-10-10)

Title
    Thanks
    Good man ynwa, finally I have it working thanks to you. Nice easy-to follow guide as well, cheers!

Title
    Thanks
    i have window 7 64 bit
    when i mount the folder in my pc i still get a red x on earth on the mount managment?! and the earth is grayed out?!

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by raedkuwait View Post
    i have window 7 64 bit
    when i mount the folder in my pc i still get a red x on earth on the mount managment?! and the earth is grayed out?!
    The share hasnt mounted. Something is wrong on your shared folder or your mount settings. Oh and have you made the registry changes and applied the hotfix from earlier in the thread?

Title
    Thanks
    Hi,
    my os is windows xp pro sp3. I followed all instructions carefully. Can not see My shared mov folder in media player.

This is my set :
    Active -- enable
    Local Share Name -- movies (can be anything you want)
    Mount Type -- CIFS Share
    Server IP -- your Pc / Mac IP Address
    Server Share -- movies (or whatever you named the share in the folder properties)
    use as HD replacement --Do Not know what to put (i have no internal HD, But I have an external HD)--
    -mount options -- rw
    username -- VUPlus (the new account i created)
    password -- (enter password for the new user account

Please help

Title
    Thanks
    me too carn't see shit looks like back to my ps3 for streeming

Title
    Thanks
    dear ynwa, after countless hours of looking how to enable shares from my PC, your tutorial helped me. infinite thanks !!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234