Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: recording

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    There is no such a recording conflict notification within the ViX image.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Re: recording

Phoenix, is this a problem with a lot of E 2 machines as I have sent in my log files for one of my failed recordings. Is Andy B just one of you hard working chaos that will look at it?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by madaboutlotus View Post
    Phoenix, is this a problem with a lot of E 2 machines as I have sent in my log files for one of my failed recordings. Is Andy B just one of you hard working chaos that will look at it?

As far as im aware the recording issues are due to drivers and only affect the tm's, i have not noticed any issues with any my Vu machines. Cant speak for the quad as I dont have one.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Ok thanks Pheonix, it's getting annoying. I may resort to going back to an old revision and see if that cures it temporarily.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Ok thanks Pheonix, it's getting annoying. I may resort to going back to an old revision and see if that cures it temporarily.

Yep I can fully understand your frustrations but there is nothing we can do about driver related issues.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    No recording issues with my quad.vix 632

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    Yep I can fully understand your frustrations but there is nothing we can do about driver related issues.

Well Andy B has discovered a problem with one of the plugins buyukbangpanel, so I will try a few recordings and see what happens.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to madaboutlotus For This Useful Post:

hullfc27 (29-03-13)

Title
    Thanks
    Well Andy B has discovered a problem with one of the plugins buyukbangpanel, so I will try a few recordings and see what happens.

hopefully a fix will be found soon then........

Title
    Thanks
    well give up testing the drivers with different images and just updated to latest build and wadda u no its recording! lol

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hullfc27 View Post
    well give up testing the drivers with different images and just updated to latest build and wadda u no its recording! lol
    Well loaded the new update, not tonight's, and still cannot record Sly 1 HD from the epg. Same problem just an empty recording? Tried a new scan to see if there was anything wrong but it can't be that as I can watch the program. Andy did report an incompatibility with one of the plugins bit that was obviously not the cause of the problem. Still seeking answers. A couple of crash loss sent in as well after the first time of updating the new enhancements.

Title
    Thanks
    Well loaded the new update, not tonight's, and still cannot record Sly 1 HD from the epg. Same problem just an empty recording? Tried a new scan to see if there was anything wrong but it can't be that as I can watch the program. Andy did report an incompatibility with one of the plugins bit that was obviously not the cause of the problem. Still seeking answers. A couple of crash loss sent in as well after the first time of updating the new enhancements.

I have been using 4d for the last month and not missed one recording. I agree there is a problem recording as I have encountered it in the past but only if I record two programs simultaneously. I was using VIX early Jan with the latest build at the time and having blank recordings with just one recording scheduled. Obviously there is an issue, and it does appear to be with box but also different images have there own issues with this receiver. Again, just throwing in my experiences into the mix.

Title
    Thanks
    I also have still have issues recording on twin and the 2t. But the issue occurs on 4d too, just not as often. Hope tm sort this out soon.

Title
    Thanks
    rang then yesterday they told me they havent got an issue and everything is working as it should went through setup on the phone and it seems to have worked for now going to test over weekend and if any problems then will ring them they were very helpful and kind

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Still have got recording issues even with the latest VIX software loaded. Sky sports did not record properly and als Sly 1HD also still does lot record from the epg. Is it the Quad, the hdd, the software ???? It's driving me nuts. Do I have to ditch VIX And try another image.

Title
    Thanks
    Madaboutlotus - I wouldnt go ahead and suggest going to another image. This has been seen across the board, and it is seen to be Technomate driver issues that are causing the recording issues.

One thing that I have noticed, is that when the HDD is setup against media/usb/ is when I get most of my problems. I had it set against media/sdb1/ and I didnt have half of the issues of recording than I did with it setup against /media/usb.

Anyone any ideas on how to setup the hdd to automatically be read as media/sdb1/ ?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast