Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tuner A and B Problem

Title
    Thanks

Tuner A and B Problem

Hi,

I appear to be having problems with my new Vu+ Solo2 (Build 600), with regards to the recording of one channel and watching of another.

I have connected the VU+ Solo2 to the satellite dish with a twin cable, and followed the setup procedure which has been brilliantly explained on this forum, and it worked perfectly!

For about a week or so, I was able to record one channel, whilst watching any other channel I wished, but for some unknown reason, this is no longer the case. When I am now recording a programme on one channel, and try to watch another, the screen for the programme I try to watch goes blank (apart from the channel information, and "Tuner AB" in red text), and then the message "Tune Failed".

At first I thought that it was a satellite cable issue, so I connected the twin cable which was feeding the VU+ Solo2 to a freesat box I use in another room, but this produced no operational/recording problems with the freesat box. I then connected the twin cables which usually feed the freesat box, to the VU+ Solo2 box, but this resulted in the same recurring issues.

As far as I can see, the problem only appears to be with Tuner B.

Does anyone have any ideas, because as I am new to this technology, I am not sure if I have missed something, or if it is a problem with 'Tuner B' no longer working (i.e. faulty).

Thanks very much in advance

Title
    Thanks
    i had similar issues in the past on my duos, i just went back to the tuner set up and re-entered them, saved, restarted box and it works...do check that the connections are ok...and maybe worth while swapping cables to see if its a cable issue or a tuner issue.

when you are in service searching and goto the bottom on sat finder, do both tuners pick up a signal?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to andy2110 For This Useful Post:

ianalexander (16-05-13)

Title
    Thanks
    I tried a full reset procedure yesterday, but it didn't change anything.

I have just entered the service searching, as you suggested, and it's 0% on all info.

The mystery is that it was working ok.

As mentioned earlier, I have tried swapping cables, and they worked ok on my other satellite box (Humax), but the cables that worked on the Humax highlighted the same issues as before with the VU+ Solo2
    Last edited by athers63; 07-03-13 at 21:56. Reason: lost the end of the post

Steviewilson
    I have exactly the same issue mate, tuner A on 28.2E gets 220 odd services, tuner B finds over 950. Swapped cables, no difference.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Can ye take screenshots of your Tuner config screens & post them here.
    Use this tutorial if you're unsure how to take them.

Quote Originally Posted by athers63 View Post
    Hi,

I have connected the VU+ Solo2 to the satellite dish with a twin cable, and followed the setup procedure which has been brilliantly explained on this forum, and it worked perfectly!
    Sorry to hijack your thread but would you mind pointing me in the direction of the brilliant explanations please as I still haven't got passed loading an image to my new solo2, which remains about much use as a chocolate teapot

Cheers,

Keith.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 01342 View Post
    Sorry to hijack your thread but would you mind pointing me in the direction of the brilliant explanations please as I still haven't got passed loading an image to my new solo2, which remains about much use as a chocolate teapot

Cheers,

Keith.
    Have a look here.
    How to USB flash upgrade VU+ Solo2

9. The Following User Says Thank You to judge For This Useful Post:

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks very much for the screenshot tutorial, very helpful

Please see the results below (I have used the "Insert Image" tool, and it has inserted a line of text. I hope this is correct, but don't know until the reply is posted):

Tuner A.jpgTuner B.jpgTuner Configuration.jpg

Title
    Thanks
    any dfferent with swapping cables over so that the one in a now is in b? and see if that affects anything

Title
    Thanks
    I had a similar issue, but my problem was related to the CAM I think.

Not sure what I can say on the forum regarding the CAM, but I had to restart it every few minutes - Obviously this was no solution so I just went and reflashed the thing, but still had issues.

I then after attempting several things (including flashing several images BH and Vix), installed a second CAM (different version) and had them both running.

Now, I don't know if the CAM was the problem or whether installing the other CAM actually made any real differance - but after I did do that I stopped having the recording problem of watching one channel while recording another.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by andy2110 View Post
    any dfferent with swapping cables over so that the one in a now is in b? and see if that affects anything
    I have tried swapping the satellite feeds into Tuner A and B, I now don't receive any channels, and the "Tune Failed" message appears.
    I then went into the Tuner Configuration menu, and set Tuner A to "nothing connected". This resulted in me receiving channels on Tuner B ok.

I would think that this is now pointing to an issue with either the cable or LNB, if it weren't for the fact that (as explained previously) I have connected these cables to another satellite receiver (Humax Freesat), and it worked perfectly, i.e. I could record two separate channels, and watch a third.
    I also connected the cables normally feeding the Humax Freesat box, to the VU+ Solo2, and still had the same problems with the VU+ Solo2.

I would be grateful for any suggestions

Thanks in advance

Title
    Thanks
    hi
    have you tried a fresh install of the latest image (now build 626) from usb to see if the problem is still there?
    you can download the image from http://www.world-of-satellite.com/en...ir=Vu%2BSolo2/
    ham
    vu+ solo2 1tb hdd
    vu+ duo2, 2x dvb c/c/t2 1tb hdd
    lg 55" 4ktv, lg 42" led
    13.0e, 19.2e, 28.2e
    100 meg vm broadband

15. The Following User Says Thank You to hammyboy For This Useful Post:

athers63 (09-03-13)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hammyboy View Post
    hi
    have you tried a fresh install of the latest image (now build 626) from usb to see if the problem is still there?
    you can download the image from http://www.world-of-satellite.com/en...ir=Vu%2BSolo2/
    ham
    Thanks for the info on the update.

I have now updated to the latest software, but unfortunately, still the same problem.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by athers63 View Post
    Thanks for the info on the update.

I have now updated to the latest software, but unfortunately, still the same problem.
    sorry i cant suggest any further help but in my own opinion i think there is a hardware problem with the tuners in your box.
    perhaps you can try your supplier for a replacement?
    as far as i know the solo2 is out easily less than a year so in you should be still under waranty
    ham
    vu+ solo2 1tb hdd
    vu+ duo2, 2x dvb c/c/t2 1tb hdd
    lg 55" 4ktv, lg 42" led
    13.0e, 19.2e, 28.2e
    100 meg vm broadband

Title
    Thanks
    record and watch two different channels solves the problem of third-Have

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast