Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Blind Scan Technomate TM-2T

Title
    Thanks

Blind Scan Technomate TM-2T

New to this but making slow progress Does the TM-2T support blind scan using the latest Vix image? What are the steps for doing this? I'm scanning 28.2E and missing lots of channels (e.g. Sky UK etc..).
    Help appreciated as I've spent about 16hrs trying to fix it without success. Thanks.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Post your satellite setup and exact tuner settings please.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    Technomate TM-2T, fixed dish 28.2 E ...err not sure what details you need? Sorry, still learning!

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Menu > Setup > Service Searching > Tuner Configuration.

Set Tuner A as per screenshot and if you have a second feed to Tuner B, set the same for Tuner B.

Then run Autobouquets maker.

Menu > Setup > Service Searching > AutoBouquetsMaker > Configure for your area and run a scan.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Thanks
    I am also running an Ariva 202e which was connected to the same dish and blind scan retrieved all channels (so the dish is working and setup correctly). It's something I am doing wrong on the TM-2T because it picks up freesat HD but misses most (but not all) other channels when I do a scan.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tunstac View Post
    I am also running an Ariva 202e which was connected to the same dish and blind scan retrieved all channels (so the dish is working and setup correctly). It's something I am doing wrong on the TM-2T because it picks up freesat HD but misses most (but not all) other channels when I do a scan.
    The TM-2T does not support blindscan. To scan do as follows: -

Menu > Setup > Service Searching > Manual Scan > See screenshot.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Thanks
    Is the blindscan a feature of the firmware (e.g. VIX) or is it a feature of the hardware? If network scan doesnt get all the channels would a change to the 4D firmware give blindscan functionality? Trying network scan now to see if it picks up the channels...thanks for the help

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Most Enigma 2 receivers scan satellites/transponders using a satellites.xml file, not many support Blindscan. No 4D image will not give you Blindscan. Anyway no need to scan if you follow the autobouquetsmaker instructions I posted.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Thanks
    Thank you. I have just performed a manual scan on tuner A using the settings you gave and found 226 channels. I then configured Tuner B using the same settings and performed a manual scan using this tuner and found over 700 channels. Both tuners are connected to the same dish !! Does this mean something is wrong or is this normal? I would have guessed that both tuners would pick up the same number of channels ?

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Are you tuner settings exactly as posted?
    Are you using direct feeds from at least a twin output LNB? Or are you using a loopthru or somekind of splitter?
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Thanks
    Yes, feeds configured exactly as suggested. I am getting direct feeds from a quad output LNB. I am not using a loopthru or splitter (AFAIK).thx

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    (AFAIK).thx
    What do you mean, why dont you just check?

Both tuners should give more or less the same results provided set as posted and scan settings are exact as posted.

Why dont you just use AutobouquetsMaker??
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Thanks
    Like I said, new to this - dont know exactly what you mean by splitter or loopthru. Have checked and the cable runs directly from dish to reciever with no interuptions. Am running a manual scan and then the autobouquet maker in that order. I take it the autobouquet maker groups together channels based on the results of the scan?

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    No need to scan then Autobouquetsmaker should everything there for you.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Thanks
    I take it the autobouquet maker groups together channels based on the results of the scan?
    It just finds the channels and groups them under a whole lot of classification headers. You don't need to do a separate scan, or anything else. Splitter would be trying to split the signal from one LNB which you can't do. Loopthrough is putting the signal from the dish into one receiver and out again to another, which you're not doing.