Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: xp1000 problem please help

Title
    Thanks

xp1000 problem please help

Hi all,

Just received an xp1000 preinstalled with vix from the site sponsor. The box boots with the spinning vix and then comes to the screen for select hdmi input. At that point I cant do anything and a few seconds late it reports a software error and then reboots. This continues in a loop. It says to check the error log on the hdd (usb flash drive) but there is no error log.

Please help.

Note: I have a solo2 with vix so I do know a little about them,although not a lot.

Edit: I have also downloaded vix to a usb stick to try and flash it but the instructions say to wait on the 2 red lights and then press ch+. I dont get 2 red lights, just 1 and then the power button goes purple then blue eventually??

Thanks

skooby

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,055 Times in 7,638 Posts
    You need to re-flash the unit.

If you not getting the 2nd red-light, then use a different USB stick and check the file structure on your stick.

You could also try formatting your USB stick with this HP Tool http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...SB-Format-Tool
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    I have now tried 3 different flash drives formatted using the tool and still no second red light.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,055 Times in 7,638 Posts
    The LED in the standby button changes color, if its not, you it must be your USB stick of incorrect file structure on it.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

skooby (28-02-13)

Title
    Thanks
    Just tried another USB stick - a 2 gig one and it worked. Thanks for your help

Title
    Thanks
    You should change one file name from "noforce" to "force", this in case you are put the same image.
    In this case it forces the image to load again the same.
    But i think that you can fix the hdmi problem by http remote control.