Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: RF Modulator Help Wanted?

Title
    Thanks

RF Modulator Help Wanted?

Hi People

My mate has purchased a new Max Digital Xp1000 Hd box and has flashed it with the latest image as the box crashed a couple of time on him. He reflashed with the Vix Team openvix-3.0.600-xp1000 image. Before he reflashed the box he was using the RF Modulator on the receiver scart setting to beam the satellite receiver on another tv in the kitchen, however since the reflash the RF Modulator will not work correctly and will only transmit the audio but has no picture. He has tried different channels on the RF Modulator and several TV channel scans but its the same on any channel number

Can anyone shed any light as to why this has happened/happening. The make is a Mercury ILS102 RF Modulator

Below is the about information from the box

Xp1000 Virtuoss Image Xtreme by Team Vix
    xp1000
    Chipset:BCM7358
    Kernal:3.5.1
    Drivers: 2012-11-29
    Version:3.0
    Build: 600

Regards

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,056 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Menu > Setup > A/V Settings > Set output to Video output to Scart and colour output to CVBS > Press Green to save. Check the output through RF Modular.

If ok, Menu > Setup > A/V Settings > Set output to Video output back to HDMI.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    Menu > Setup > A/V Settings > Set output to Video output to Scart and colour output to CVBS > Press Green to save. Check the output through RF Modular.

As above this is what we have done.
    Menu> Setup> System> A/V settings> Video Output = Scart, Mode = Pal, Refresh Rate = 50Hz, Colour format= CVBS > press green> asks if this setting is ok> press yes.
    Still no picture through RF Modulator only sound

Thanks for your help. Not sure why it's different from before the reflash

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post

Tried all of ther above but still only hear audio and the video is just black vertical lines
    Cheers

Title
    Thanks
    Hi geordylad try pushing the scarts completly home think one side is video the other audio only needs to be out fractionally Chrisal

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisal View Post
    Hi geordylad try pushing the scarts completly home think one side is video the other audio only needs to be out fractionally Chrisal
    Hi Mate
    Ive done as suggested above and they are in as far as they can go. Oddly enough with my Sly+ box using an ordinary aerial lead my sly channels work great. This scart on the RF Modulator worked on my Maxdigital before the reflash?

Thanks for the help so far mate

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Geordielad,
    Just had the same issue with my vu+ solo 2 . Sound ok but no video just black screen on the other tellies. Used your settings above and saved using the green button then did a full reboot which did the trick for me.
    Hope this may help

8. The Following User Says Thank You to footman For This Useful Post:

geordielad (17-03-13)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Footman
    Thanks for the post, I went through my settings as described above and then rebooted as you say you have also done and this has worked well.
    Thanks for your input, I appreciate your time.

Happy Days

Title
    Thanks
    I've had to restart my box and now very thing I have done above I repeated today but it will not work no matter what I do now