Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: icefilms

Title
    Thanks

icefilms

I know there does not seem to be many owners of this box yet but will ask just in case anyone is looking

Anyone who owns this box manage to get icefilms to work ok? I have it installed ok and it works sometimes but most of the time it causes vix to error and reboot. I know its a work in progress too.

I tried bbci player and 1channel but they dont seem to work either.

On a different note, the box is superb for the money. Epg takes around 3 seconds to come on and boot up is slow but not really a negative.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    IceFilms streams movies illegally...
    Streaming takes up the same bandwidth as downloading, so why not download the movie, have it available to watch anytime if you are into using illegal downloads?

Title
    Thanks
    You just gave me answers to questions I already know and did not ask so why even bother replying? I know how to download and I know streaming uses the same bandwidth. Oh and I know its illegal

Its just handy to have for that instant play but not essential and by no means the reason why I bought the box.

Anyone else got anything constructive to add?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freestyler For This Useful Post:

saxon (15-02-13),sonna (15-02-13)

Title
    Thanks
    Can a mod please close this thread as I found out all I need to know elsewhere.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Why not share what you have learnt. That way anyone else experiencing similar issues will also know how to fix it.

Title
    Thanks
    I just read in the enigma 2 plugins threads instead and its buggy and causes crashes. Tried the latest version out today but its worse on the max. May be fine on other boxes though. Media portal/1channel works well though.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts

Re: icefilms

Quote Originally Posted by freestyler View Post
    You just gave me answers to questions I already know and did not ask so why even bother replying? I know how to download and I know streaming uses the same bandwidth. Oh and I know its illegal

Its just handy to have for that instant play but not essential and by no means the reason why I bought the box.

Anyone else got anything constructive to add?
    There is no need for the attitude, he was just pointing out that for legal reasons we can not support this plugin.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

judge (15-02-13)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    There is no need for the attitude, he was just pointing out that for legal reasons we can not support this plugin.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    But actually he did not say that did he? He had the attitude hence my reply. He had nothing constructive to say at all. If he just said we can't discuss this here then fine but he did not. If I can't help anyone with a problem I would not reply as someones opinion is just that and should be kept in their head. And why is it discussed elsewhere on forum? And why are many other things talked about which are so obviously illegal in a round about way?

Like I say just close the thread as I had no attitude thanks. I just don't like someone being a smart arse dictating their view on me.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Like I say just close the thread as I had no attitude thanks. I just don't like someone being a smart arse dictating their view on me.
    Seriously???? asking you a question is showing you attitude & being a smart arse dictator???
    Get a grip & be a bit more polite if you expect anyone to offer you help.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to judge For This Useful Post:

Larry-G (15-02-13)

Title
    Thanks
    If you always answer a question with more questions I can do with out help form you anyhow. I am not a kid and do not need telling to get a grip thanks very much

I will not be checking back here so it may as well be closed as nothing productive has come of the thread at all.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    If you always answer a question with more questions I can do with out help form you anyhow. I am not a kid and do not need telling to get a grip thanks very much

I will not be checking back here so it may as well be closed as nothing productive has come of the thread at all.
    if that is your general attitude then you may be best suited on another forum.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Its not my general attitude no mate. I use many forums and get on well with all. All I am saying is the post judge made was not helpful in any way and was actually a little patronising. It added nothing to the thread really don't you think? Nothing against the guy as don't know him or him me.

I know watching movies from sources like that are illegal but so are many of the uses for the type of boxes talked about on here and many plugins are used for illegal purpose 90% of the time. Most people know things like that are not exactly legal but it does not stop the use of them.

Now like I said if it is an illegal plugin it should be removed from feeds (which I think it has) and maybe a head note stating it not to be discussed like other subjects etc.

No hard feelings etc..

Ps its not worth having on the box anyhow as too buggy on the max, maybe superb on the vu but I have no way of knowing since I sold mine in a moment of stupidity.

Just ordered a second p1000 for a family member as I find it a great box and very stable(without the dodgy plugin lol)

It would be good if a mod did delete this thread though as I said before it offers nothing to help anyone in any way and I posted it the wrong place really after reading the forum more closely.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Sorry you felt my post was patronising, it was never intended that way & I still don't see how it is myself.
    Anyway, lets leave it at that.