Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thinking of buying

Title
    Thanks
    obivously a typo so - better change the ebay ad as well so http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MaxDigital...item2c6b2d487e

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    XP1000 is DVB-S/S2, yes only 1 USB port and it also has external PSU.

Any this is about the XP1000, not you trying to sell your receivers, imo both the Gigablue HD800xx models are good too, the XP1000 is a bargain @ £139.
    i apologise for that - it was cheeky of me to do so

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    in my opinion a better box would be the gigblue 800

i have 2 for sale http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...885#post194885
    I have had a play with a XP1000 and it is a faster box than both my Giagblue 800 Solo and the 800 Se. Only time will tell if the support is going to be as good, but at the moment things are looking very rosy for it with the teams that are already writing images for it. The XP1000 also has 2 card readers where the Gigablue only has one.

I think i would rather spend the extra £14 and have a new XP1000 over a second hand Gigablue Se.

Nothing wrong with the Gigablue boxes, if you did purchase one you would be more than happy with it, i am with mine.

Nano
    Last edited by manicscrewdriver; 07-02-13 at 23:37.
    Xtrend ET9500, 1m Gilbertini, 75cm Visiosat BISAT G3a triple lnb dish, EMP Centauri IRS system, Formuler F3, Venton Unibox Eco+, nBox 5800s, TechniSat SkyStar 2 eXpress HD PCI-e card

Title
    Thanks
    How does this box compare to the Xtrend ET5000 or the ET4000? I'm currently looking for a single tuner E2 box I can have a play with. Can't see my budget stretching to the Vu but this seems a good little box. This range all seems to be around the same price, just trying to compare connections and specs, seems to only have 128mb of RAM whereas the Xtrend has 256 but the CPU in this one is faster.
    Tried a DM800SE clone. Absolute rubbish.
    Last edited by elver; 11-02-13 at 18:06.

Title
    Thanks
    I cant comment on other boxes but I have one of these and I have had a vu+duo and apart from it being slightly slower than the vu and the obvious lack of second tuner and internal hard drive option its very similar.

I find Vix runs as well on it as it did on the duo in every way. I only parted with the duo because I never used the second tuner and record facility, infact it had a 1tb hard drive and when I wiped it before selling it had only used 2% of it!

Title
    Thanks
    the xp1000 is a great box for £139...i run a vu solo with black hole, got the max digital for my dad... prefer the xp ! had an issue with the vix 3.0 image(var/keys-folder-empty) re-flashed it with the ymod variation and all is well had no issues with ts panel at all....loaded sgt flip flops and my dad is very impressed...some people still buy them closed source boxes ala blade etc but its a no-brainer to be honest..get one of these !

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    I presume the "the ymod variation" is some backup someone's created?
    If so, it's going to be hard to support you as it's not a core image & we have no control of what's been included or even tested it.
    As for tspanel, it's not supported for various reasons, much better to learn how to install the required files you're using it for yourself.

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    ymod is just a modified version of OSCam that allows you to share and read keys as if was a genuine card, thats about as much as i want to go into it due to the forum rules

I've only played with it just to see what its capable of on my old DM500. It works quite well with ORF & Austriasat.

Nano
    Xtrend ET9500, 1m Gilbertini, 75cm Visiosat BISAT G3a triple lnb dish, EMP Centauri IRS system, Formuler F3, Venton Unibox Eco+, nBox 5800s, TechniSat SkyStar 2 eXpress HD PCI-e card

9. The Following User Says Thank You to manicscrewdriver For This Useful Post:

judge (23-02-13)

Title
    Thanks
    I've just bought one of these boxes yesterday and it's a bargain for the money. I didnt have a usb hard drive so i just made a couple of smb network mounts for the recording drive, epg data and my videos on my debian server. All runs sweet. Im using the Crossepg plugin, it takes about 3 seconds for that to come up but the enigma single channel epg is almost instant and is in fact the most used epg i use. I only use the crossepg if im looking through the days events to maybe set a few recordings, so for that speed isnt really important for me. Btw i am using Openpli which great but the vix image is equally as nice.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spadger View Post
    I've just bought one of these boxes yesterday and it's a bargain for the money. I didnt have a usb hard drive so i just made a couple of smb network mounts for the recording drive, epg data and my videos on my debian server. All runs sweet. Im using the Crossepg plugin, it takes about 3 seconds for that to come up but the enigma single channel epg is almost instant and is in fact the most used epg i use. I only use the crossepg if im looking through the days events to maybe set a few recordings, so for that speed isnt really important for me. Btw i am using Openpli which great but the vix image is equally as nice.
    i agree brilliant box for the current price you wont be disappointd

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12