Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: best plugins

chucknorris666

best plugins

hello everyone new to luinx boxes got the solo2 and im really impressed with it, can you guys recommend the best plugins to use to get the most out of my reviever as there are so many to chose from thanks

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Any of the on demand players are a good start..
    iplayer / itv player etc.
    They will no doubt get some interface work but thats not important when they work so well.
    I have them on duo and solo. On solo its a bit under powered if you are recording as well, this wont be an issue for you on a solo2...

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Re: best plugins

Quote Originally Posted by dfdream View Post
    Any of the on demand players are a good start..
    iplayer / itv player etc.
    They will no doubt get some interface work but thats not important when they work so well.
    I have them on duo and solo. On solo its a bit under powered if you are recording as well, this wont be an issue for you on a solo2...
    I believe they've been taken off the feeds for a while until Rogerthis has completed further improvements.
    You will have to search this site for them manually until they are activated in feeds again.....I believe.

Ice films is a plugin people rave about, it is for streaming movies to you're stb. (legality issue for another day though)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    Vu+Duo
    Vix Hades
    WD 1TB Blue Desktop Drive 3.5" SATA-III 7200RPM 64MB =Cross EPG & 256mb Swap File
    Kingston DataTraveler SE9 8GB USB =PTS

Vu+Duo
    Vix Hades
    Seagate 500GB 3.5" SATA-III 6Gb/s Barracuda Hard Drive 7200RPM 16MB=Cross EPG & 256mb Swap File

Both Duo's Plugins, Lraizer Autobouquet, Cacheflush, Mediascanner, Picture player, Movie Browser & Openwebif

chucknorris666
    thanks guys downloaded ice movies and 1chanel two grate plugins will try some on demand players next

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

I'd delete 1 channel if I was you, it is very unstable, and will crash you're box every time you choose a movie from the list that has been removed.

Vu+Duo
    Vix Hades
    WD 1TB Blue Desktop Drive 3.5" SATA-III 7200RPM 64MB =Cross EPG & 256mb Swap File

Vu+Duo
    Vix Hades
    Seagate 500GB 3.5" SATA-III 6Gb/s Barracuda Hard Drive 7200RPM 16MB=Cross EPG & 256mb Swap File

Both Duo's Plugins, Lraizer Autobouquet, Cacheflush, Mediascanner, Picture player, Movie Browser & Openwebif

chucknorris666
    yes it crashed when i was searching for old tv shows. and a lot of films i was trying to play would not play, will this be fixed anytime soon? think i will delete till its more stable

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Doubt it been like that for ages, anyway ice films was written by same person........ I believe, and that's his new one so I reckon that is the one which will be updated

Vu+Duo
    Vix Hades

Vu+Duo
    Vix Hades

chucknorris666
    ok thanks pal

Title
    Thanks
    any other good plugins guys?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    If you have 2 boxes remote stream convert and remote timer are 2 good ones..

remote stream convert allows you to view a channel from another box if you dont have a spare tuner locally. It also allows you to stream channels from another receiver that has access to more satelites.

Remote Timer allows you to send a scduled recording to another box if you have no available tuner conflicts on the local box.

Quote Originally Posted by dondom View Post
    any other good plugins guys?

Title
    Thanks
    I've seen a plugin for "backup dvd". It would be interesting but I've not tried, not yet. I'd know how it works and how transfer data from dvd to stb...

Which is the best plugin for youtube player?

chucknorris666

best plugins

Is there any way to get ice movies to play with out pausing and stopping all time my Internet is turd and won't stream them without pausing all time

Title
    Thanks
    is there a plugin that would be availble to stream stuff from my pc to the box? as i stream to my tvs with allshare, and my blu ray players via the home server also with PS3 server running on my pc.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by andy2110 View Post
    is there a plugin that would be availble to stream stuff from my pc to the box? as i stream to my tvs with allshare, and my blu ray players via the home server also with PS3 server running on my pc.
    No plugin is needed at all: just mount your PC's drive and all files are available for playback.
    You can also use the DNLA-browser, if your devices support that.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Rob van der Does For This Useful Post:

lotar (18-02-13)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by suriansat View Post
    I've seen a plugin for "backup dvd". It would be interesting but I've not tried, not yet. I'd know how it works and how transfer data from dvd to stb...
    A DVD-player can be mounted. Also the contents of a DvD can be copied (or as ISO-file) to the STB's HDD.

Quote Originally Posted by suriansat View Post
    Which is the best plugin for youtube player?
    The plugin MediaPortal is available via the feeds: that has an youtube player embedded.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast