Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Skins..

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Skins..

All,

Im going to do some testing on non pli downloaded Skins to see what they are like.

Are there any specific risks that I should be aware of with manually installing the skins.

Im reluctant to do this but Im keen to have a few features on the skin I use.

Sat info on InfoBar
    Sat info on channels listed on all channels and providers channel list view.
    Channel on info bar on played back recordings.

Are any of these available on the Dream Elite Image you are testing.

d

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts

Re: Skins..

Be-careful as a skin installed wrong or non compatible will mean a re-flash, so create yourself a backup image before starting.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Sic,

Do you find the skins in the dream elite better.
    Is there more builtin or in menu than PLi.

Its the only hurdle I have with PLi skins is the lack of SAT info on info bar and in All Channels List.

Are these OK in Dream Elites Skins.

The only drawback I see indream elite is the manual software update and install problem....

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks

The default Aqua skin in Dream Elite is very nice imo. As default when you press OK to bring up the infobar you get a lite version infobar, press ok twice and you get another small window to the left. This can be changed to bring up a full infobar with one press of the OK button.

D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks

You're gettting me to want to use Dream Eliite...
    Setup: Vu+ Duo, Orbital 90cm Dish, Technomate TM2600 Motor, Inverto twin LNB

D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite HERE

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Sic,

is there a list of defalut skins included with the Dream Elite.

I find the OPENPLi and brushed alu-hd excellent but this sat issue is driving me insane.

Is there a way to contact the creator of the skins or editing the openpli built in ones to get the result I need.

D

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    On the latest 1.3 theres a different default skin, see the download thread. You can then install the Aqua skin through the Dream Elite addons menu. I also found that through their new software management panel you can add further standard HD skins such as the HD Brushed Alu skin, I've installed it but not tested that it works ok. Even though its their it might not actually be compatible with the Dream Elite setup. I make a backup image tonight and test the Brushed Alu skin to see if it works.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Tested the Brushed Alu skin on Dream Elite 1.3, its does work ok, but it really isn't fully compatible with Dream Elite images. For instance Dream Elite use a different green & blue button menu, these dont work with the brushed alu skin enabled.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    All I loaded a modded ElgatoHD skin but forgot to take a screenshot of the elgato hd in download plugins.

Can someone see if its very different,

D

http://s930.photobucket.com/albums/a...nt=infobar.jpg

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Different in what way? Installed on Dream Elite?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Is the SAT position in the default one in PLi

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Bob did you install the elgato_HD skin on PLi.

Ive noticed 1 thing....
    If I press the Help button I get a green screen. The error ties the GS to the Elgato_HD Skin.

D

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Some of these modded skins dont function as they should when used on OpenPLi.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Heres the standard Elegato infobar on OpenPLi

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    I think dfdream want to know if there is certain information such as the satellite info displayed on the skin if the skin is used with the DE image.

The elgato original skin did not have this information on it...however a modded version that has been posted will have this detail.