Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Technomate TM-2T OE setup problems

Title
    Thanks

Technomate TM-2T OE setup problems

Hello people,
    i'm new to forum and new to the satellite scene. I bought my new Technomate TM-2T OE from
    world-of-satellite.com with the Vix Image installed. The Problem i have is when i booted up for the
    first time i didn't select scan channel option, with being a noob i wasn't sure weather the Vix image
    all ready had the channels setup. But noticing i had no channels so i did a auto scan. It found 962 channels
    so i pressed the ok button, but after it found the channels and i pressed exit their was still no channels.
    What have i done wrong? As i said im new to this so any help would be most helpfull or point me in the right
    direction.

Setup inc.

Technomate TM-2T OE
    Cable Conected Ethernet ( it says this works ok on TX-2T OE )
    Vix Image installed

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Running an auto scan saves the results to your latest scanned bouquet.
    When you press the TV button on the remote, can you see that bouquet with all channels in it?
    Personally, as you are using VIX, I'd now go to Menu -> Setup -> Service Searching -> AutoBouquetsMaker, configure it to your required settings, run a scan...
    Bouquets should be created in less than a minute depending on your settings.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    also remember if you do setup ABM as Judge suggests you must set your regions for both sky uk and freesat so that it can pull in all the channels, without either selected you wont get them all.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

judge (29-01-13)

Title
    Thanks
    ok guys thanks for your help. Can see the channels now thanks again

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sobbos View Post
    ok guys thanks for your help. Can see the channels now thanks again
    glad you can now see the channels, try out ABM so they can be grouped nicely...

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi All,

I have just recieved my TM-2t box today, complete with Vix image. I am trying to add some softcam settings, and have seen the guides. I have got connected to the box via the ip address on the laptop, but the guides mention going to the /etc folder. I can't find this folder?

Any ideas? All i see when I put in the ip address is an interface similar to the settings I can get using the remote.

Cheers.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    when you FTP into the box you should see a /etc folder if you dont navigate to /var/volatile/etc it's the same thing.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

matty_keane (30-01-13)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by judge View Post
    try out ABM so they can be grouped nicely...
    It does group them but I don't call the result nice. What I want is a set of favourite channels lists just the same as on any normal machine. The only way I've found so far is a process of selecting channels one at a time and going into a menu system for each one that puts what it calls "services" into what it calls "bouquets". That actually means channels into lists, which is what's wanted, but the process is absurdly laborious - and uses those silly words. Isn't there anything better in the machine, or better still is there a way of setting up favourite channels in some equivalent of Clarke Channel Editor that works so well for other Technos?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    No Idea about Clarke Channel Editor, but what I do is use ABM to create my bouquets.
    Use DBE to create my favourites, then set my favourires as the main bouquet.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to judge For This Useful Post:

hhatkin (28-02-13)

Title
    Thanks
    DBE didn't work for me at first - now working and fine for Favourites.

Title
    Thanks
    Not entirely fine though.
    There are five of my Favourites channels lists, set up as "bouquets". Two always appear. The other three sometimes do, other times they don't. When they don't they come back after being downloaded again from DBE, and the machine re-started. Any ideas on how to make the TM stop losing the three?

Title
    Thanks
    It's still doing this. Anyone any ideas of why and how to get it to work properly?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Are your bouquets named as per the ones created by ABM? If so, name them differently.

Title
    Thanks
    I find it is easier to install Rats Channel List. Should be in Download section. No messing and great list.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RL73 View Post
    I find it is easier to install Rats Channel List. Should be in Download section. No messing and great list.
    Rat's updater is available on this forum. Admin have not removed it. Maybe it may be an idea to move it to tools/plugin sections.
    Rat, Vhannibal, Catseye and others do a lot of good work to maintain the lists for others. However, the best lists are the ones tailored to meet the requirements of the end user. I recently installed Lraizer AB for someone, he didn't like it because to him it is better to have channels in alphabetical order. LOL.

OE ABM and Lraizer AB will gather data from the stream and will be region specific without interfering with other lists.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast