Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New to DM80HD SE

Title
    Thanks

Question New to DM80HD SE

Guys,

after giving up my Vu+ i bought DM800 HD se last week, it's genuine box with original image.. now i would like to add CCcam and other features, Can someone help me pls..

I went thought lots of reading and i understand with current image i can't do much therefore need new image to be flashed, can i get tutorial on how i can do this, and what is the best image to use?

Thanks

My DM800 HD se details,

Product Name////////////DM800SE
    Booloader version //////Dreambox Second Stage Loader BUILD #80, built 2010
    Flash Size//////////////64 MB
    Production Date (YYYY/MM/DD)//2012/11/16
    mID//////////////////////////15
    Serial Number////////////////700
    MAC Address//////////////////00:xx:xx:xx:xx:97
    Printed Serial Number////////CBxx1xxxxx7xxxx9

Title
    V.I.P Member
    Thanks
    First job is update the second stage.
    Vu Duo 4K - Vu + Solo4K - Vu + Uno4K - Vu+Uno - Vu+Ultimo4K - Vu+ Zero - Vu+Solo-SE (In Black Evo ) - PrismCube

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by raf006 View Post
    Guys,

after giving up my Vu+ i bought DM800 HD se last week
    Why? VU's are great boxes
    VU+ DUO² (Triple S2 tuners) VIX, 750gb
    TM-Nano 2 Super, 320gb
    GigaBlue HD 800 UE Plus VIX
    TM-Single VIX IT'S ALIVE
    Octagon SF8 VIX (751MHz bootloader)
    MARA M9
    Harmony 700
    DGS108 GBLAN, DIY NAS (8TB) XPEnology
    1.1m dish, 0.1db Quad LNB, GTSAT DM14MG motor
    80cm dish, 2x 0.1db LNB + 1x Quad 0.2db LNB, Disqec 4/1.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to marty For This Useful Post:

Donnie (27-01-13)

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    At a guess i was probably for the same reason i gave up my Vu+ Duo, because i was skint at the time

Worst mistake i ever made, still you win some you lose some

Raf what image are you using mate? As already stated i would upgrade the second stage bootloader and go for a newer image. Once thats sorted maybe yoiu can get the help you need.

All images are slightly different for installing emus, so it helps to know which one we are talking about.

Nano
    Last edited by manicscrewdriver; 27-01-13 at 18:16.
    Xtrend ET9500, 1m Gilbertini, 75cm Visiosat BISAT G3a triple lnb dish, EMP Centauri IRS system, Formuler F3, Venton Unibox Eco+, nBox 5800s, TechniSat SkyStar 2 eXpress HD PCI-e card

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Guys,

appropriate your responses, firstly- i have original images loaded (no change made) with current SSL#80 what is the latest SSL available for DM800SE?

secondly- what is the best image for emulators? Also appropriate it if you can direct me to right why to start updating loader and installing new image... sorry little lost with DM..

Vu+ two tuner was giving me headache with motorize dish setup and i had to reconfig setup every time i change motor positioning.

I wanted to change for more powerful receiver and was told DM800SE is better performer( hope this is true)..

thx

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    I wanted to change for more powerful receiver and was told DM800SE is better performer( hope this is true)..
    Nope who ever told you that was talking bo**ocks. They are probably better supported, i.e more image teams, but that's about where it ends. The Vu+ is a better box, hands down.

I would look at some of the Powerboard or Gemini images if it was my box, saying that though LT & Nemesis are also good images. The basic DM image doesn't really lend itself to running emus in all honesty,if you want to run emus (cccam, mgcamd, oscam etc etc) you will need to install an image that allows this function.

To be honest the basic image is a complete waste of time if you ask me.
    Xtrend ET9500, 1m Gilbertini, 75cm Visiosat BISAT G3a triple lnb dish, EMP Centauri IRS system, Formuler F3, Venton Unibox Eco+, nBox 5800s, TechniSat SkyStar 2 eXpress HD PCI-e card

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to manicscrewdriver For This Useful Post:

Donnie (28-01-13),Larry-G (28-01-13)

Title
    Thanks
    Nanochickin, thx for your great support.. I'm very sad to hear Vu+ is better from DM800SE but i was misled :-(

I will give this box few months trial and will decide what to do...Do you know any good place to download latest SSL bootloader and those images you mentioned above? Also is there a flashing steps manual can guide me on the installation?

Many thanks.

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    IHAD would be a good place to look for everything you need for that box.

If you google IHAD its usually the first one to come up on the search. You will need to look in the database section.

If its the same as the SIM 2.01 box the bootloader should upgrade itself when you install the new image. If after flashing you have a No CA error, it means your box is not genuine.

Make sure you get the right image for the box.

Nano
    Last edited by manicscrewdriver; 28-01-13 at 13:03.

Title
    Thanks
    I'm little lost, where do i find DM SIM information? so after flashing i should have an error otherwise DM is clone, what if the error comes up, what should i do?

What do you mean by look for right image? what will happen if i install wrong image?

IHAD is in German (or other language) and web link is live link edited.. ...

Will search IHAD for Gemini images and flash it and see where i will end up..
    Last edited by Mr. Mister; 30-01-13 at 14:58. Reason: live link taken out..

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    I know its German, Its the home of Gemini. All you need to do is join and then look in the database. Its the red button on the first page, you can't miss it

If your box is not genuine it will just come up with a NO CA error if you install a genuine image on it, which is easy enough to fix. What does the box say on its small front screen when its booting up. Does it say something like Sim 2.01 #82 or something different.

That is usually a good indication of if the box is a clone or not.

Nano

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    This is the very latest version of the SSBL for the DM800SE

Code:
     http://sources.dreamboxupdate.com/download/7020/secondstage-dm800se-84.nfi
    you also need this program to load it to your receiver.

Code:
     http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/download/DreamUP1339.zip
    There was a tutorial here a while ago showing the process of loading the SSBL but i can no longer find it.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    V.I.P Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    This is the very latest version of the SSBL for the DM800SE

Code:
     http://sources.dreamboxupdate.com/download/7020/secondstage-dm800se-84.nfi
    you also need this program to load it to your receiver.

Code:
     http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/download/DreamUP1339.zip
    There was a tutorial here a while ago showing the process of loading the SSBL but i can no longer find it.
    You can update the SS via web browser with a DMM but as nana has warned make sure your box is genuine first.
    Vu Duo 4K - Vu + Solo4K - Vu + Uno4K - Vu+Uno - Vu+Ultimo4K - Vu+ Zero - Vu+Solo-SE (In Black Evo ) - PrismCube

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    That would be Nano

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    nana chicken.

sounds like some kind of fast food place LMAO.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    My username is a long story, that involved my daughter and the film Chicken Little

She was only two at the time and thought Nanochickin was funny so it stuck

I haven't used the Chicken Little Avatar for years.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast