Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Issues with Smargo card reader and Technomate TM-2T twin

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks

Issues with Smargo card reader and Technomate TM-2T twin

Finally got round to setting up the TM-2T, running the latest version of OpenVix 3.0 (updated this morning) and upto now i'm impressed with it

Only issue i am having is that i cannot get my Smargo card reader to work with it

Are the drivers for the Smargo included in this image as i really need to run both of my cards in this receiver, not just the one. I cannot get the smargo to see my Cyfra card.

I have added the following to the emu config file but it is not showing "no or unknown card inserted"

These are what i have added to the config, these settings used to work in my DM800HD. I have tried 2 smargos one ver 1.3 one ver 1.4 and its still not reading anything.

Code:
    SERIAL READER : /dev/ttyUSB1 smartreader+
    SMARTCARD CLOCK FREQUENCY : /dev/ttyUSB1 3680000
    Can anybody shed a light on what i am doing wrong.

Nano
    Xtrend ET9500, 1m Gilbertini, 75cm Visiosat BISAT G3a triple lnb dish, EMP Centauri IRS system, Formuler F3, Venton Unibox Eco+, nBox 5800s, TechniSat SkyStar 2 eXpress HD PCI-e card

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Think you need to install the USB to serial drivers. Menu > Plugins > Green button > Drivers > USB to Serial.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

manicscrewdriver (26-01-13)

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Ahh, i thought it would be something simple. I think the drivers must have already been installed on the images in the DM800. That would certainly explain it.

I'll give it a try later, when the kids have gone to bed and i can get control of the receiver again.

Nano
    Xtrend ET9500, 1m Gilbertini, 75cm Visiosat BISAT G3a triple lnb dish, EMP Centauri IRS system, Formuler F3, Venton Unibox Eco+, nBox 5800s, TechniSat SkyStar 2 eXpress HD PCI-e card

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    All working fine now

just got to get it working on the Gigablue now

Title
    Thanks
    @Nanochickin
    I got my Smargo to work on OScam and TWIN OE yesterday.
    I used OpenAAF image and seems the drivers must be pre-installed there.
    Smargo works fine on the TM Twin OE as im uning it here with NDS card :-) i posted the config here yesterday, look at my post on the OSCAM and CCcam not starting

cheers

bobi

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Its OK mate, got the Smargo working on both TM-2T and Gigablue now

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to manicscrewdriver For This Useful Post:

bobi (31-01-13),Sicilian (31-01-13)