Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Back up

Title
    Thanks

Back up

iv just made a back up of my vix image in image manager. does this mean i can load say the new bh image and if i dont like it can change back and all my setting will remain the same as they where cheers

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    if you created a full image backup with the image manager you can just flash via USB like any other and it will get you up and running instantly.

if you created a settings backup with the backup manager you can restore that during the first install wizard setup screen and it will restore your settings, plugins etc etc etc. you can also restore the settings backup via the backup manager at any time but not a image backup as that needs to be flashed to the box.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Yes, you can extract the image backup to usb stick & flash it in the usual way.
    It will contain all plugins/settings you had when you made the image backup, so makes it nice & simple.

EDIT: pheonix beat me too it... please follow his advice.

Title
    Thanks
    the image back up i did has gone to the usb in the back of the box so that will remain there no matter what i do cheers

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by shadows View Post
    the image back up i did has gone to the usb in the back of the box so that will remain there no matter what i do cheers
    Thats exactly what i do with the uno, ultimo and my technomates as they require you to press a button on the receiver to allow the flash to go ahead, not sure with the solo though. ( depends on how you have the backup stored ).
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    so this would act like meoboot without using meoboot cheers

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by shadows View Post
    so this would act like meoboot without using meoboot cheers
    no it's not a multiboot, it just allows you to backup the image and restore it as and when you want to.

SIMPLES.