Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How to set up transcoding

Title
    Thanks
    I have a question regarding streaming & transcoding setup for both my Solo2 and SoloSE.
    I would like to use both for streaming and transcoding through mobile, Openwebif, but cannot manage to correctly setup ports. Now, my forwarding setup on the router is as follows:

For Solo2, I have forwarded ports 8001 and 8002 to internal ones and IP of the box, lets say XXX.XXX.XXX.1
    For SoloSE, I have forwared ports 8001 and 8002 to internal ones and IP of the box, lets say XXX.XXX.XXX.2
    Both boxes use different port for Openwebif (this works and port forwarding is OK).

When I choose to stream or transcode from SoloSE through Openwebif (or mobile), the stream starts from Solo2.. :-( I havent found the way to change streaming ports either to 9001 and 9002 on one of the boxes (as its only possible to use the defaults ones and so does Openwebif..

Any suggestions please?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    you must change the ports in your router for example like this:

Box 1 external port 18001, 18002 to Box 1 internal 8001, 8002
    Box 2 external port 28001, 28002 to Box 2 internal 8001, 8002

you cannot set two internal ports to one external port.

ciao
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

Title
    Thanks
    Now it makes sense and I can set the new external ports in e2remote settings.. But Openwebif uses defaults 8001 and 8002 and those cant be changed.. Or am I wrong?
    UPDATE: streaming through mobile where i can change external ports works ok for both streaming&transcoding on both devices. Cant test thou through openwebif now, but AFAIK, the ports cant be changed there.. Or is there any relation to the particular openwebif port when streaming through web?
    Last edited by gobb; 19-08-14 at 18:16.

Title
    Thanks
    So the only solution for Openwebif interface seems to be a manual change of the streaming port in the generated stream.m3u file through notepad. Generally, the port in the file is by default set to 8001. If I change it to 18001 or 18002, then open the .m3u through VLC, both streams work like charm. Trial thanks for help.

Title
    Thanks
    So finally I found it
    To change openwebif streaming port generated in stream.m3u for basic stream (8001), edit: plugin.py file located in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/OpenWebif
    To change openwebif streaming port generated in stream.m3u for transcoding stream (8002), edit: stream.py file located in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/OpenWebif/controllers/models/
    Reboot. Then it works.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to gobb For This Useful Post:

timofee (20-08-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Good find.
    It is probably worth mentioning that the associated plugin.pyo and stream.pyo should be deleted (or at least renamed) before rebooting or they will not be newly created with the edits.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 007.4 For This Useful Post:

timofee (20-08-14)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234