Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How to set up transcoding

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    my openwebif streaming port is 8001my transcoding port is 8002. i cant stream through port 8002 as it wont open on another pc outside of my network. but i can watch it on 3g on my phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by gab2001uk View Post
    If you have got it working on your phone, I guess you changed the transcoding port to 8001.
    When you use OpenWebIF on your work PC the WebIF on your receiver thinks that the standard streaming port 8001 is in use, and the fact you changed the tranacoding port to 8001 as well is causing the problem.
    Until one of the android developers allows you to use their apps with a different port than the standard 8001, you have a choice:

1) Watch a transcoded stream on your Android by setting transcoding port to 8001
    2) Watch a transcoded stream on a PC by setting transcoding port back to 8002 (or any other port EXCEPT 8001). The the two little TV icons will represent both normal (8001) and transcoded (8002) streams

A third possibility is to find a way to allow your android to react in the same way as your PC and play a stream on 8002 (instead of trying to download it) when you open your Android browser of choice in desktop mode. I have not yet found out how to do this, but will continue to search.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by warajoker View Post
    my openwebif streaming port is 8001my transcoding port is 8002. i cant stream through port 8002 as it wont open on another pc outside of my network. but i can watch it on 3g on my phone.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    What are you using on your phone that allows you to watch on port 8002? If it is DreamDroid or similar, is there a way to make it use port 8002?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Re: How to set up transcoding

here are my settings using dreamdroid. I changed port 80 to 180 as my ultimo is using 80.

Just port forwarded 8002 and 180 assigned these to the internal ip of the solo2 and that was it.

That is not my dyndns of course, just example.

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by tomthebomb1968; 26-01-13 at 18:06.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to tomthebomb1968 For This Useful Post:

gab2001uk (26-01-13)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanks for that. I am sure the last time I tried DreamDroid the option of changing the port was not there. Anyway I re-installed it and it worked perfectly on port 8002.
    So now we know it is possible to use both Android and PC to stream a transcoded channel.
    So all we need to do now is help warajoker with his problem in post 31

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    same as mine
    Quote Originally Posted by tomthebomb1968 View Post
    here are my settings using dreamdroid. I changed port 80 to 180 as my ultimo is using 80.

Just port forwarded 8002 and 180 assigned these to the internal ip of the solo2 and that was it.

That is not my dyndns of course, just example.

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by warajoker View Post
    When you say it won't open, what happens when you click on the port 8002 icon? I had to use MPC (Media Player Classic) to open my streamed channel, as VLC just sat there doing nothing...

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    yh the same mate. when I click the 8002 icon vlc just sits there and does nothing. but when I click the 8001 icon next to it. it plays.but if I click the 8002 icon inside my network then it will play
    When you say it won't open, what happens when you click on the port 8002 icon? I had to use MPC (Media Player Classic) to open my streamed channel, as VLC just sat there doing nothing...

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    On my LAN:
    port 8001 opens with VLC NOT with MPC
    port 8002 opens with MPC NOT VLC

From a remote location using DynDNS:
    port 8001 opens with BOTH VLC and MPC

Can't explain that!

MPC comes in 32 and 64 bit versions:
    Code:
    http://mpc-hc.sourceforge.net/downloads/

11. The Following User Says Thank You to gab2001uk For This Useful Post:

warajoker (27-01-13)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    the way you explained is the exact same for me. I will download mpc today and test. thank you
    On my LAN:
    port 8001 opens with VLC NOT with MPC

From a remote location using DynDNS:
    port 8001 opens with BOTH VLC and MPC

Can't explain that!

MPC comes in 32 and 64 bit versions:
    Code:
    http://mpc-hc.sourceforge.net/downloads/
    Last edited by warajoker; 27-01-13 at 10:45.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    working perfect now. thanks

Title
    Thanks
    I have been trying to set this up to connect outside my home network on another pc, all works fine using the internal ip (myboxip:1234) this connects to open webif.

if I try using wanip:1234 It doesn't reach open webif . I have forwarded all the correct ports what could I be missing?

Burnham
    To double check - have you set up the OpenWebif screen - Enabled to yes and Http port to 1234. If enabled authentication is set to yes you also need your box password.

When entering wanip:1234 you need the full address eg http://wanip:1234

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnham View Post
    To double check - have you set up the OpenWebif screen - Enabled to yes and Http port to 1234. If enabled authentication is set to yes you also need your box password.

When entering wanip:1234 you need the full address eg http://wanip:1234
    Yes everything is setup correctly in open webif http port is set to 1234 as that is the port I can access via local ip.

Have entered the full address also. Could my router be blocking the outside connection for some reason

Burnham
    All I can suggest is that you try a completely different five digit port number. Make sure you can see it internally to your own network, then try connecting from an external IP.

You need to open the new port in your router settings. Just one thing, do you know if your router port forwarding is working correctly - is there another port you can check.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast