Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: original vs emu firmware

Title
    Thanks

original vs emu firmware

Hi Guys newbie here just ordered my ariva 102e I have flashed eagleboxes and openboxes before this looks similar. had a look in the firmware downoads and there are two of each firmware level. original and emu. Can I assume that the original is unpatched and the emu is? just need to be clear on which one to use when my box arrives. Cheers guys

Title
    Thanks
    Anybody? I assume lots of ppl have flashed their boxes. again cheers in anticipation of some guidance

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    You answered your own question in your 1st post
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

steve67474 (15-01-13)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks sicillian, I just wanted to be sure as I have bricked a few boxes in my time by making assumptions. Have downloaded the emu now waiting for box

6. The Following User Says Thank You to steve67474 For This Useful Post:

ajayuk (09-12-14)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Make sure you follow this USB flashing guide http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...upgrade-guides
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks

last question.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    Make sure you follow this USB flashing guide http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...upgrade-guides
    Cheers Sicilian, box arrived today. flashed ok setup cccam ok did a scan ok so all working locally here. I have downloaded a channels list and have read a few tuts about loading it. Its called steve.abs (after I massaged it a bit). Read another tut on another forum about uploading it and its by usb but the tut mentions a userdb option in the load type?? I scroll let and right on my load type and can only find these....#

HS17 MAINCODE SEECODE RADIOBACK ARRIVA102E Any Ideas of which one I use to upload my channel list

Ok sorted this guys went back in and this time I saw the userdb so flashed my file and it seems fine but now the upgrade by USB is greyed out. Any Ideas. One step forward two back LOL
    Last edited by steve67474; 22-01-13 at 12:09.

Title
    Thanks
    Stupid me I didn't have a USB stick in it. DOH! when I finally finish my list I will post it guys.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to steve67474 For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (22-01-13)