Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: VU+ solo2 vr's duo2 ???

denishanna

VU+ solo2 vr's duo2 ???

Hi all,

I am thinking should I hold of for the duo2 or just go ahead and pick up a solo2. As far as I can see the only difference in them is a extra gig of ram, wifi and a lcd screen.

I think the lcd screen would be annoying, I would have it wired so no need for the wifi . The only benefit I can see is the extra ram .

Can anyone tell me if I have missed any additional features or any other reason I should hold of for duo2?

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Solo2 rocks
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    get the solo2 mate. I was thinking the same but I just purchased the solo2 as the duo2 could be a few months away as I imagine they will want to maximize there sales of the solo2 first. as for the extra gig of ram im not really sure what benefits we would get from if so if anyone could point out any new features that we could have with 2gb of ram then that would be great.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    well for one the Duo 2 will have the same plug and play tuners as the uno and ultimo, meaning that it can also use the new Twin tuners as well, the solo2 has fixed tuners only.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    well for one the Duo 2 will have the same plug and play tuners as the uno and ultimo, meaning that it can also use the new Twin tuners as well, the solo2 has fixed tuners only.
    Only one twin tuner module per unit though.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I sold my gb quad to buy the solo2 as i only need 2 tuners and I only watch channels on 28.2e so I see the only advantages the duo2 will have that I care about is the extra ram but what can be done with it like and is there any advantages of having the extra gb of ram? because if there Is I will probably buy it aswell lol because I cant stay with the same box longer than 3 months as I like to have the latest toys.
    Last edited by warajoker; 14-01-13 at 18:23.

denishanna
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post

So would this mean you could have a total of 3 tunners running on the duo2 ? if so were would you get a twin tuner and how much would that cost me ?

i have a duo but its also linked to my htpc and if i understand this correctly an extra tuner should help me as i loss recordings from time to time due to the htpc using up 1 of the tunners and stoping recordings

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by denishanna View Post
    So would this mean you could have a total of 3 tunners running on the duo2 ?
    You can have 4 tuners on the Quad when the extra tuners are released
    VU+ DUO² (Triple S2 tuners) VIX, 750gb
    TM-Nano 2 Super, 320gb
    GigaBlue HD 800 UE Plus VIX
    TM-Single VIX IT'S ALIVE
    Octagon SF8 VIX (751MHz bootloader)
    MARA M9
    Harmony 700
    DGS108 GBLAN, DIY NAS (8TB) XPEnology
    1.1m dish, 0.1db Quad LNB, GTSAT DM14MG motor
    80cm dish, 2x 0.1db LNB + 1x Quad 0.2db LNB, Disqec 4/1.

denishanna
    correct me if im wrong so you can have 2x twin tunners = 4 tuners total on duo2 ?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    correct me if im wrong so you can have 2x twin tunners = 4 tuners total on duo2 ?
    no you can only use one twin tuner on the duo 2 turning it into a triple tuner. you could buy a ultimo with two single tuners and a twin tuner and turn that into a quad, or buy a Gigablue quad ans wait for the new tuners to be released allowing full use of all 4 tuner slots.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Or a twin DVB-C/T box. Or one DVB-C/T + a dual DVB-S tuner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    As far as I know VU+ has not yet specified if one or two dual-tuners will be supported. We only know that the Ultimo supports only one dual module (due to hardware limitations).

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

denishanna
    Thanks so as i dont need wifi or lcd screen the the only advantage to the duo2 over the solo2 is the extra ram and its upgradable to tripple tuners?

Would there be anything else / other features the duo2 has that the solo2 has not ?

thanks for your help everyone

Title
    Thanks
    Does any one no when the duo 2 is out coz really want one think of getting solo 2 as well

Title
    Thanks
    Is there actually a benefit to having the extra ram ? Is the extra processing power somethine one will substantially benefit from beyond the geeky fuzzy feeling you get trying to impress the missus with " boot Speed " . There has been a lot of fuss about the solo2 but its not a game changer ...right ?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Would there be anything else / other features the duo2 has that the solo2 has not?
    Well, I would say: read the specs on
    Code:
    http://www2.vuplus.com/products/dou2manu
    and decide for yourself what is/is not useful (such as 1080P full transcoding?).

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast