Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: python SoftcamCheck error pops up every 5 minutes on the screen :-(

Title
    Thanks

python SoftcamCheck error pops up every 5 minutes on the screen :-(

Hello,

Since yesterday (I did a an update), I have the following error message being shown every 5 minutes.

20130107_124119.jpg

the cam works ok as I can watch my channels so I am not sure why there is such report.

Any idea of the issue?

Thanks
    XabiX

box_type=gbquad
    build_type=0
    version=3.0
    build=553
    drivers=20121217
    date=20130105010344
    comment=ViX
    target=9
    creator=openViX
    url=http://www.gigablue-support.co.uk
    catalog=http://www.gigablue-support.co.uk

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    try to reflash vix mate. I had something similar when I deleted a skin.
    Quote Originally Posted by XabiX View Post
    Hello,

Since yesterday (I did a an update), I have the following error message being shown every 5 minutes.

20130107_124119.jpg

the cam works ok as I can watch my channels so I am not sure why there is such report.

Any idea of the issue?

Thanks
    XabiX

box_type=gbquad
    build_type=0
    version=3.0
    build=553
    drivers=20121217
    date=20130105010344
    comment=ViX
    target=9
    creator=openViX
    url=http://www.gigablue-support.co.uk
    catalog=http://www.gigablue-support.co.uk

Title
    Thanks
    Sorry I had to reflash some time agon and it took me quite a while to reconfigure all so ideally I d like to find how to solve such issues than to have to rebuild the all openVIX image.

Are you saying that you go a menu -> vix -> image backup, then you reflash the box and do a restore and you get all back ?

merci

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Are you saying that you go a menu -> vix -> image backup, then you reflash the box and do a restore and you get all back ?

merci
    not quite, you can use the image backup option to create a full copy of the image which you can flash back to the box via a usb stick in the same way as a standard image ( best to make this when your current image is 100% working as you want it ).

you can also create a backup via the backup manager which will backup all the settings and plugins, bouquets and config files etc which can be restored to a newly installed or old image in the way you suggest above.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    As my backup is from yesterday I am scared I will have the same issue

Let's see before I do a re install if someone has a better idea to solve this

Title
    Thanks
    the bad thing is that I can't turn off the box so in the morning there are so many warnings that I can't get rid of them without rebooting.

I am waiting for the new image 3.x to re install to avoid wasting time. If somone knows how to troubleshoot such issue. No log is being generated so difficult to analyse the issue.

thanks

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    you can turn off the softcam check all together but if the cam freezes for any reason the softcam manager will no be able to detect it and therefore will not be able to restart it.

to turn off the softcam check press menu while in the softcam manager and you should see a option in there.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    i had the same problem... reflashing won't help. went back to 545.
    maybe it has somehing to do with non-standard cams?
    btw. what makes a cam non-standard? how do i convert it to a standard cam?
    thanks.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2stein View Post
    we need to see the debug logs that correspond to the times when this error occurs. this is our primary method of discovering and repairing such issues, especially in cases like now where none of the BETA team can replicate your findings.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    I don't have any CAM, I just have one card in the built in slot and another one in a USB smargo.

Where are those logs? I don't see anything in /var/log ; /home/root/logs and /media/usb/logs. Normally when they are crashes there is a file but with this pop up nothing.

I think there should be something to enhance in the softcam manager for at least people who don't have a cam inserted. Besides was there any code added since r545 ?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2stein View Post

How do you downgrade to a specific release?

Merci

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    How do you downgrade to a specific release?

Merci
    There should be no reason to downgrade, but if you want to, all recent builds are held on:
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I don't have any CAM, I just have one card in the built in slot and another one in a USB smargo.

Where are those logs? I don't see anything in /var/log ; /home/root/logs and /media/usb/logs. Normally when they are crashes there is a file but with this pop up nothing.

I think there should be something to enhance in the softcam manager for at least people who don't have a cam inserted. Besides was there any code added since r545 ?
    Therefore you are using a SOFTCAM to decode those cards, the softcam manager handles these cams and performs a routine check on them to see if they are frozen, hence why i suggested you could try turning off the softcam check.

as for downgrading the image, that's not possible, you would need to flash said image build to the receiver and set it up from scratch without using a backup in case that is corrupted as it could cause the error again.

SIMPLES.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

XabiX (09-01-13)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hello,

My brother have the same problem but with a vuduo, and use cccam+sbox with card in usb reader.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    Therefore you are using a SOFTCAM to decode those cards, the softcam manager handles these cams and performs a routine check on them to see if they are frozen, hence why i suggested you could try turning off the softcam check.

as for downgrading the image, that's not possible, you would need to flash said image build to the receiver and set it up from scratch without using a backup in case that is corrupted as it could cause the error again.
    How can I temporarily disable this softcam check ? I only use oscam

Something changed recently as it looks like I am not the only one with this issue. Saddly I can't find any "log" therefore I can't find where is this time frequence setup etc...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast