Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: looking to buy an Enigma2 reciever

Title
    Thanks

looking to buy an Enigma2 reciever

hi guys not sure i am posting in correct section but here goes.

iam looking to buy a new receiver this week, my skybox s12 is ready to be cremated

currently looking at the Giga blue HD 800se

iam looking for a receiver that could maybe do the following

full 7 day epg (24 hour) etc

program categories such as entertainment, documentaries etc

a similar function to series record.

possibility to watch from my iphone, ive seen that dreambox have an app to do it, so wondering if anything similar for others

any help,thoughts are more then welcomed

thanks drx360

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,677 Times in 1,190 Posts
    Hi.
    OK.. The app will work for any Enigma2 receiver.. So no problems there..

The Gigablue 800 SE is a great little budget receiver.. You can also look at the Gigablue 800 UE.. Basically the same as the SE only its got a little lcd screen for picons..
    There is also the Vu+ Solo.. Which is a great little box.. The Max Digital XP1000.. and maybe the best of the lot would be the Technomate TM-Single..

You can find all of them here.. :

...Gigablue 800 SE...
    ...Gigablue 800 UE...
    ...Vu+ Solo...
    ...Max Digital XP1000...
    ... Technomate TM-Single...

Also.. Something else to remember.. If you send our sponsor a pm.. And as for the forum discount.. You cant get £5 off the purchase price..

Your full 7 day guide EPG will work flawlessly on all of these receivers..
    Hope this helps..

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mister View Post
    Hi.
    OK.. The app will work for any Enigma2 receiver.. So no problems there..

The Gigablue 800 SE is a great little budget receiver.. You can also look at the Gigablue 800 UE.. Basically the same as the SE only its got a little lcd screen for picons..
    There is also the Vu+ Solo.. Which is a great little box.. The Max Digital XP1000.. and maybe the best of the lot would be the Technomate TM-Single..

You can find all of them here.. :

...Gigablue 800 SE...
    ...Gigablue 800 UE...
    ...Vu+ Solo...
    ...Max Digital XP1000...
    ... Technomate TM-Single...

Also.. Something else to remember.. If you send our sponsor a pm.. And as for the forum discount.. You cant get £5 off the purchase price..

Your full 7 day guide EPG will work flawlessly on all of these receivers..
    Hope this helps..

Thanks for the info mr mister, just what i needed i think you just made my decision much harder, so many to choose from, all look like really good boxes for the money, swaying towards the Gigablue or the Max Digital.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi drx360

I,ve just got a vu+ uno last week from the forum sponsor and its first class
    Tons of support on here, Also which ever box you decided on, get the Vix image
    which will be flashed for you.

dlmlus

Title
    Thanks
    just a quick update i decided to go for a tm-t2 from the sponsor and have to say what a brilliant piece of kit! well pleased with it..not quite done setting it all up yet..still have my motorised dish to set up but my fixed dish is all done, so many options and things to play with iam like a kid in a sweet shop

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Glad you didn't go for the Amiko Alien 2. I had one for a short time.

What a right crock of _ _ _ _ it turned out to be

I'm glad your happy with the box you purchased. I now have to make my mind up which box to go for next although i think i may save up a bit more money and get something decent this time.
    Xtrend ET9500, 1m Gilbertini, 75cm Visiosat BISAT G3a triple lnb dish, EMP Centauri IRS system, Formuler F3, Venton Unibox Eco+, nBox 5800s, TechniSat SkyStar 2 eXpress HD PCI-e card

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drx360 View Post
    just a quick update i decided to go for a tm-t2 from the sponsor and have to say what a brilliant piece of kit! well pleased with it..not quite done setting it all up yet..still have my motorised dish to set up but my fixed dish is all done, so many options and things to play with iam like a kid in a sweet shop
    The TM2T is a great box for the price.
    For recording, watching live TV & picture quality, it's a great piece of kit.
    It does have issues with viewing various other media formats, but TM are aware of this & hopefully have driver updates out soon to fix these issues.

Title
    Thanks
    drx360

Glad you got sorted mate, Enjoy the ride.

dlmlus

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    XP1000 looks like it might be a good box
    I'll be getting a new bedroom box in a couple of weeks, I have norrowed my choice down to the XP1000 anf the TM-Single.

If the XP1000 would take an INT HDD it (for me) would win hands down, but the fact it only had one USB port and NO eSATA limits it a bit
    VU+ DUO² (Triple S2 tuners) VIX, 750gb
    TM-Nano 2 Super, 320gb
    GigaBlue HD 800 UE Plus VIX
    TM-Single VIX IT'S ALIVE
    Octagon SF8 VIX (751MHz bootloader)
    MARA M9
    Harmony 700
    DGS108 GBLAN, DIY NAS (8TB) XPEnology
    1.1m dish, 0.1db Quad LNB, GTSAT DM14MG motor
    80cm dish, 2x 0.1db LNB + 1x Quad 0.2db LNB, Disqec 4/1.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by judge View Post
    The TM2T is a great box for the price.
    For recording, watching live TV & picture quality, it's a great piece of kit.
    It does have issues with viewing various other media formats, but TM are aware of this & hopefully have driver updates out soon to fix these issues.

oh wasnt aware of that, but dosnt really affect me to much since i stream media through my xbox360 i just use the sat box purely for sat, speaking of which does anyone know how to blind scan on the tm-2t, i cant seem to find the option? was hoping to get my multisat set up this weekend.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    The 2t does not have blindscan as far as i'm aware it's tuners are not capable of Blindscan.

I could be wrong however.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.