Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: gigablue ue thoughts

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    debug logs are by default located in /home/root/logs/.

media player functionality is largely out of our hands as with all STB's it's very much hardware based ie not upgradeable via codec plugins, this is something only the manufacturer can improve upon with drivers and bootloader updates.
    right but i remember this same problem with early drivers for et9000 and i fixed them by manually replace video drivers with ftp, can u post latest video drivers and tell me where can i put the files? thanks a lot in advance

Gigablue HD Quad Plus
    Amplifier 5.1 selfmade Mosfet 150w Rms x 6 + Teufel Decoderstation 5 (DD/DTS)
    Polk Audio + Subwoofer by Target
    Clarke-Tech ET9000 + a867 usb dvb-t + Velociraptor 250gb
    Vu+ Solo + a867 usb dvb-t
    GigaBlue 800 hd UE and SE
    Azbox hd & Premium
    LNB Monoblocco Quad Inverto Black 6,2°
    Amd FX 8320@5000mhz daily on asus sabertooth, r9 290x, raid0 4xcorsair neutron gtx, total 512gb, 16 gb ram gskill tridentx @1866mhz

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by et9k View Post
    right but i remember this same problem with early drivers for et9000 and i fixed them by manually replace video drivers with ftp, can u post latest video drivers and tell me where can i put the files? thanks a lot in advance
    The latest drivers should be in the image, look in menu> information> about. This should give you the date of the drivers in the image, more than that i cant help as i dont own / operate a gigablue, so i'm not as upto date with them as say the Technomate or Vu+ receivers.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    The latest drivers should be in the image, look in menu> information> about. This should give you the date of the drivers in the image, more than that i cant help as i dont own / operate a gigablue, so i'm not as upto date with them as say the Technomate or Vu+ receivers.
    can't install latest image from vix, decoder will not boot, that's why i'm asking if i can manually add drivers

Gigablue HD Quad Plus
    Azbox hd & Premium
    Amd FX 8320@5000mhz daily on asus sabertooth, r9 290x, raid0 4xcorsair neutron gtx, total 512gb, 16 gb ram gskill tridentx @1866mhz

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    can't install latest image from vix, decoder will not boot, that's why i'm asking if i can manually add drivers
    What is your version of 'latest image' & can you provide any logs?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by judge View Post
    What is your version of 'latest image' & can you provide any logs?
    was 750.. can i do a full backup before trying 760?

Gigablue HD Quad Plus
    Azbox hd & Premium

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    can i do a full backup before trying 760?
    yes, as was posted here.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...ngelogs/page10
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    was 750.. can i do a full backup before trying 760?
    Exactly the reason we continually ask users to post the actual build number.
    The latest publicaly available build before 760 was 753...
    And, yes. As pheonix notes in that thread, you should do a fresh flash of 760 restoring a backup if you want to.
    However, as you're having issues, it might be best not to restore & set 760 up from scratch.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to judge For This Useful Post:

Mr. Mister (20-10-13)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by judge View Post
    Exactly the reason we continually ask users to post the actual build number.
    The latest publicaly available build before 760 was 753...
    And, yes. As pheonix notes in that thread, you should do a fresh flash of 760 restoring a backup if you want to.
    However, as you're having issues, it might be best not to restore & set 760 up from scratch.
    i know, that's exactly why i want a backup, to restore if 760 fails to boot, not restoring 753 things on 760, btw i have a 800 se too, and have no problems with it, remember we are talking about UE (that's to mr.mister)

Gigablue HD Quad Plus
    Azbox hd & Premium