Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: icefilms plugin

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Anyone else having problems with getting Sharebees and Movreel titles to play? Doesn't even begin to buffer for me. Just doesn't seem to initiate at all. 180upload works fine however as does BillionUploads.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Please advise me if I should delete the plugin from the feeds. I read so many problems about it.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    Thanks
    my vote is NOT to delete plugin

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    No don't delete it. Its no longer crashing (since Movreel user and password were added) which is an improvement. I guess its only a matter of time before we (I) can play them!

Title
    Thanks
    No don’t delete the plugin it works ok if you stay of the HD links and just use the DVD ones

Title
    Thanks
    I agree don't delete it I have watched loads of films without any hassle even better since the movreel password was added. True sharebees doesn't work but I can live with that, and it works better than 1 channel on my gigablue UE

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Re: icefilms plugin

It works fine on my ET9200 and have watched about 10 films including some 3d and have had no issues at all. Great plugin and worth keeping.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    Delete, if people want to install it there is always IPK available on the net and its on shaky grounds as regards legality.

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Stanman For This Useful Post:

warajoker (31-01-13)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanman View Post
    Delete, if people want to install it there is always IPK available on the net and its on shaky grounds as regards legality.
    I disagree - This does not infringe UK Law or copyright - however, it may and more than likely does infringe US Law. If you feel that this is on shaky grounds, then surely you must feel the same about the BBC iPlayer and ITV OD as they are licensed products?

These are great products and if they are removed it will stifle ground breaking developments - such as 4 OD..??

Just my 2 penneth!! But please dont delete as I only found it by accident and it works great on some films. Agree with some comments stay away from the HD vids.

FP.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

It shouldn't affect the BBC iplayer if you are UK citizen paying a UK tv license fee.

And downloading/streaming films is illegal, from a server that doesn't hold the necessary licences, covered by UK law. look up the body federation against copyright theft F.A.C.T

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    Vu+Duo
    Vix Hades
    WD 1TB Blue Desktop Drive 3.5" SATA-III 7200RPM 64MB =Cross EPG & 256mb Swap File
    Kingston DataTraveler SE9 8GB USB =PTS

Vu+Duo
    Vix Hades
    Seagate 500GB 3.5" SATA-III 6Gb/s Barracuda Hard Drive 7200RPM 16MB=Cross EPG & 256mb Swap File

Both Duo's Plugins, Lraizer Autobouquet, Cacheflush, Mediascanner, Picture player, Movie Browser & Openwebif

Title
    Thanks
    Deffo not the place to get into this, however, it is not illegal. For it to be illegal, a law must of been passed, a legal case must of been succesful. To Stream a movie as the end user and watch there has been no prosecution ever brought.

The provider may be breaking the law, however, that again depends on the law of the country they are based in and in most cases is defo illegal? In the UK it is technically not illegal or legal, so therefore - Its okay until it changes. Which it never will.

I draw your attention to the quoted article from F.A.C.T. - see below. You need to draw your attention to the wording, and pay close attention to what it says is illegal. Please dispel any myth in your mind that watching streamed movies is illegal.

Streaming

Illegal streaming allows you to view unauthorised copyrighted content on demand without downloading the illegal file. Websites may stream directly or provide links to content hosted on other websites. Both hosting unauthorised content and providing links to unauthorised content is illegal.

Illegal streaming sites often provide a subscription service whereby you can pay to stream illegal content. These sites can often host advertisements for legitimate products or services alongside the illegal content. They may also use trademarks, cover art and provide a plot summary or cast list as a means to fool consumers into believing that the website is legal.
    Last edited by Flyingpig; 31-01-13 at 23:19.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Agree not place to get into it, totally disagree with you're logic. And reading it several times, says to me its illegal.

Edit : Sorry 1 more point or missed point it is not about us being the end user, its about the vix site sharing the software. Which in you're extract from fact. States sharing links is illegal.
    Case and point -the pirate bay torrent website was prosecuted and closed down, and now has had to go underground or in the clouds, so to speak.

Last edited by mickyblueys; 31-01-13 at 23:31.
    Vu+Duo
    Vix Hades
    WD 1TB Blue Desktop Drive 3.5" SATA-III 7200RPM 64MB =Cross EPG & 256mb Swap File

Vu+Duo
    Vix Hades
    Seagate 500GB 3.5" SATA-III 6Gb/s Barracuda Hard Drive 7200RPM 16MB=Cross EPG & 256mb Swap File

Both Duo's Plugins, Lraizer Autobouquet, Cacheflush, Mediascanner, Picture player, Movie Browser & Openwebif

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Just a further update… since updating Vix tonight to the latest build, Movreel has begun to crash the box again.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mickyblueys View Post
    Agree not place to get into it, totally disagree with you're logic. And reading it several times, says to me its illegal.

Edit : Sorry 1 more point or missed point it is not about us being the end user, its about the vix site sharing the software. Which in you're extract from fact. States sharing links is illegal.
    Case and point -the pirate bay torrent website was prosecuted and closed down, and now has had to go underground or in the clouds, so to speak.

The links are provided by the software that is downloaded. Selling of guns is not illegal, however, several of there uses are. Providing the software is not illegal - it is the use and the links that they provide, and that is because in some countries it may be legal. However, the provider of the links (Movreel, Sharebees, the author of the product) could be prosecuted under UK law.

Streaming is essentially different from Torrents. Streaming has never had a succesful prosecution and as you can see from the FACT website it is the site and the providers of links that are breaking the law in the UK.

Case and point - Torrent is not similar to the streaming we were talking about, I have at no point said that Torrents providing links to unauthorised copyrighted material is not viewed as illegal - possibly soon to change though!!

Please consider the legal text books and laws of precedent and always consider the finer points of the case in question and never confuse one with maybe 2 or three (see what I did there)......Streaming - stick to facts, with what FACT says and the UK Law. Providers of links are breaking the law.

VIX / WoS would not be under any threat (IMHO) and would be able to provide good argument which is likely to be successful, and that is why no one like that will be challenged because if a provider loses - then precedent has been set. Then my friend it would be open season if you will.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingpig View Post

Case and point - Torrent is not similar to the streaming we were talking about, I have at no point said that Torrents providing links to unauthorised copyrighted material is not viewed as illegal - possibly soon to change though!!
    Humour me.....how is this different. Pirate bay provide torrents. They didn't do any thing else. Basically a torrent is somewhat like an Ipk file in that you need Another piece of software to make it work. Vix provided the Ipk. neither of them wrote the data. Ultimately yes its down to the end user what they do with these....... Pirate bay were the middle man, as is vix! So if one can be prosecuted and closed down surely the other can also.

I find this very interesting that's all, trying to understand where the thin line of the law starts and finishes.

Vu+Duo
    Vix Hades

Vu+Duo
    Vix Hades

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast