Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Remote Control Issues

Title
    Thanks
    My solo and the tv are both on the same table. I can now easily replicate the IR issues by moving the box to a certain point on the table. Not sure where ur solo is in relation to ur tv, but try removing the tape and moving it to a different location. Would be a shame to spoil such a good looking box!

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hespy View Post
    My solo and the tv are both on the same table. I can now easily replicate the IR issues by moving the box to a certain point on the table. Not sure where ur solo is in relation to ur tv, but try removing the tape and moving it to a different location. Would be a shame to spoil such a good looking box!
    Interesting. I'll try that and get back with the results. Also, I have another Panasonic plasma tv (px 800) that I want to try hooking up the box with to see if that makes a deifference.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fenris209 View Post
    Interesting. I'll try that and get back with the results. Also, I have another Panasonic plasma tv (px 800) that I want to try hooking up the box with to see if that makes a deifference.
    Tried removing the tape and moving the Solo2 to a different position. I even tried putting the Solo2 under and besides the table. None of it solved the issue with the lack of response to remote control commands.

Then I tried hooking up the Solo2 to my Panasonic PX800. The issue disappeared immediately.

I now seriously consider swithing the two TV sets so I can avoid the three layers of masking tape which are needed to completely solve the issue when using the Solo2 in combination with my Panasonic PV70

Title
    Thanks
    same issue here... 2 of my TVs are plasmas (philips and samsung d550 series) and both influence solo2 remote.. the philips in my "lab" is closer and the interference is much bigger than in the living room, where the 51 inch samsung has smaller influence. the remote works best when I used the solo2 in the bedroom, where I have only a small 40inch LED

I certaily dont accept turning eco mode on as a solution!degrade pic quality to make the tv plasma compatible? no way...

Title
    Thanks
    One way of looking at this is if you had the solo2 for a number of months, then bought a plasma, you'd probably blame the tv!
    I read your review on your blog drhans, and agree with the lot. The vast majority of problems with this box are thankfully software related, and with so many groups getting behind vu+ products, I'm sure that these will quickly be sorted and the real power will be unleashed.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hespy View Post
    I read your review on your blog drhans,
    Where do we find that?

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    Thanks
    HTML Code:
    http://drhans.janreznicek.com/solo2
    Last edited by Stanman; 08-01-13 at 21:54. Reason: coded live link

Title
    ViX Skinner-Dev
    Thanks
    Interesting that Solo2 has problem with interference from plasma screens! I do have 51" plasma but my current receiver - DUO is placed under TV in special "box" only for AV stuff so its well seperated from TV. I guess i wont have these issues if i decide to buy Solo2?
    Last edited by OldSkulRide; 10-01-13 at 16:39.

Title
    Thanks
    Mine is a 50" LG plasma. Even moving the box a few inches forward on the desk sorted it for me. It's unlikely that you will have any problems if the box is in a separate cabinet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12