Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remote Control Issues

Title
    Thanks

Remote Control Issues

Just posting this encase anybody has similar issues.
    I fitted a 2.5" internal harddisk to my new solo2 immediately upon receiving it. When I booted it up, it seemed to be working perfectly. However, after about 10 minutes, the remote became very unresponsive, especially when I was trying to open the channel list. Sometimes I'd have to hit the button 10 times before the list came up, other times it would remain unresponsive until I switched off the box. I noticed the longer I left the box switched off, the longer I'd get before it started to be unresponsive again upon startup.
    I tried Blackhole, VIX and VTi, with no difference. I dug out an old Harmony 885 remote, set it up and it performed exactly the same. I then removed the harddrive, plugged it into another TV and it seemed to work a lot better. It also worked a lot better with the case off, even with the harddrive in. So I dug out an external usb laptop fan base and sat the box on this, case on with the drive in. I used it for two hours last night and again this morning without any issues.
    I can understand a smaller, fanless box like the DM800 having overheating issues with a harddrive plugged in, but the Solo2 has much more space inside and already has it's own fan, albeit a small one. If it wasn't such a phenomenal box in every other way (it laughs at tasks like epg downloading), I'd be disappointed.

Title
    Thanks
    no problem with HDD 2,5 in my solo2 ; everything is OK; works fine and no hot

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    I've seen more R/C-problem reports. I use a Harmony 900 that has no issues at all, but a 600 does.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    Thanks
    The box itself feels quite cool compared to a DM800. Glad to hear I'm not the only one who has issues with the remote. The Harmony 885 is very powerful, will work when pointing completely in the wrong direction. But when the original remote became unresponsive, so did the harmony. I'm going to be watching TV again shortly, hopefully the fan is still doing the trick. Would be gutted if I had to send it back, been waiting for the box since it was announced!

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Remote problems here too, but I'm convinced not temperature related as re-storing to stock vu+ image fixed it instantly and box is running at cool at around 42c.
    VIX image currently running without remote problems.

Title
    Thanks
    If you have a Plasma TV you may have issues with Remote Controller on Solo2 Responding to commands very slowly and sometimes commands been ignored completely due to "Plasma interference"

The work around is simple,if you have a energy saving intelligent sensor mode on Plasma Tv switch it on,it will dim picture and will minimize the "Plasma interference" enabling the solo2 RC to work like it should

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MGT For This Useful Post:

Hespy (03-01-13),lotar (04-01-13)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts

AW: Remote Control Issues

hi MGT,
    also LCD and energy saving light bulbs can cause problems.

ciao

Gesendet von meinem GT-P1000 mit Tapatalk 2
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Trial For This Useful Post:

MGT (03-01-13)

Title
    Thanks
    Its very interesting you mentioned plasma interference. i had never heard of this before, but reading up on it, it seems to be a common enough problem. It was an LCD tv that I had the box plugged into temporarily and it worked well. I'll keep the fan going though after testing ur theory, as it is silent and can't be doing anything other than good!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Hespy For This Useful Post:

MGT (03-01-13)

Title
    Thanks
    MGT, I think you hit this one on the head! I switched on the intelligent sensor on the tv (50" LG), removed the fan and it's been running splendidly for over 30 minutes now!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Hespy For This Useful Post:

MGT (03-01-13)

Title
    Thanks
    I have had my solo2 for about a week ,and for the first few days the remote was non responsive ,so i tried box on my lcd tv and solo2 worked fine

Then did a google search and found a few others with similar probs ,so you can imagine in a few weeks gonna be a lot of unhappy people with this new box

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    The above mentioned IR-problem is for sure not temperature related.
    As to possible interference with other devices/lights: although I can't rule that out, the Solo2 is one in a pile of 8 STB's, all connected to the same devices, and only the Solo2 has this issue.

Title
    Thanks
    Before I put the fan under the box, it was sitting directly underneath one corner of the tv. Putting the fan under it meant it was too high for this position, so I moved it forward on the table. It could have been as simple as changing the placement of the box on the stand that fixed it first time.
    It's now back in the same position as it was, with the Intelligent Sensor on the TV switched on, and it has been working perfectly since.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hespy For This Useful Post:

lotar (04-01-13),MGT (04-01-13)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Indeed: a (small) change in position (regarding interfering with whatever) can have a huge impact.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Fitted 1Tb hard drive yesterday after 6hrs still showing 39 degrees and no probs

Title
    Thanks
    I had the exact same issue with my Solo2 and my Panasonic pv80. After reading on other forums I've put a piece of masking tape over the front of the Solo2 where the IR eye is located and now it works like a charm

Admitted, it does not exactly improve the looks of the otherwise good looking box but I'll take that any time over the nightmare the IR interference issue was giving me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast