Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Is it possible to change the VFD display to show the time and date instead of channel

Title
    Thanks

Is it possible to change the VFD display to show the time and date instead of channel

Just wondering if anyone knows what I should edit to get the VFD to show the date and time (as it is when the box is in standby) when the box is actually on? Or alternatively where to edit to get the time added to the channel number display when the box is not in standby? I am using the latest ViX image and the metropolis xmbc skin if that makes any difference. Coming from owning an Ultimo (which is now upstairs!) the one thing I really miss is the clock on the front

Any help would be much appreciated.

Title
    Thanks

Is it possible to change the VFD display to show the time and date instead of channel

There is a plugin in the feeds called Permanentclock or Permenanttime can't remember as I'm not near box atm

Menu > Plugins > Green button > Extensions

3. The Following User Says Thank You to pr1s0m For This Useful Post:

im85288 (02-01-13)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pr1s0m View Post
    There is a plugin in the feeds called Permanentclock or Permenanttime can't remember as I'm not near box atm

Menu > Plugins > Green button > Extensions
    Thanks I did try that already, for some reason I cannot reposition the clock on the screen. And more importantly I would rather have the clock in the display rather than the screen. I also tried one called PermanentVFDClock (or something)...but this made no difference when activated.

Title
    Thanks

When I get home from work ill look though skin xml file and tell you what to edit

6. The Following User Says Thank You to pr1s0m For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (02-01-13)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pr1s0m View Post
    When I get home from work ill look though skin xml file and tell you what to edit
    Yes thats the best way to go about it but remember, you will have to create a User skin.xml file as any changes made to the default one will be overwritten upon a image update.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.