Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: recording issues

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    Can you do as above please and also screen pic of your recordingnsettings either with a screen grab or camera pic.

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by josh_g View Post
    its was the connection that went into the box itself and plugged into the second tuner. i would only have blank recordings when watching another channel
    I get the same if I record from a timer.
    I have a fixed dish and a motorised dish, my motorised dish was blown out of alignment and I never noticed until I started to wonder why red button recordings (same channel) were 100% perfect but timer recordings were blank, It was only when we went to watch a program on another sat that we found the lack of picture/signal

I havn't got around to redoing my motorised dish so until then I don't try to do timer recordings and the missus misses out on west ham if they are not on 28.2.

I

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scruff1963 View Post
    I get the same if I record from a timer.
    I have a fixed dish and a motorised dish, my motorised dish was blown out of alignment and I never noticed until I started to wonder why red button recordings (same channel) were 100% perfect but timer recordings were blank, It was only when we went to watch a program on another sat that we found the lack of picture/signal

I havn't got around to redoing my motorised dish so until then I don't try to do timer recordings and the missus misses out on west ham if they are not on 28.2.
    So this had nothing to do with the way a timer was established.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob van der Does View Post
    So this had nothing to do with the way a timer was established.
    No and neither does the op's post have anything to do with timers or it does but it's not the fault of the timer itself it's the way the timer records using the other dish input to the one being watched.
    Hi wonder if anyone can help when i press record on the program i am watching it records fine but when i try to set up a future timer it says it is recording but when i try to watch it back it is blank.
    When you hit red it records using the dish you are using at the time.
    Recordings set by timer use the other dish, if it's out of alignment (like mine) or connections are not good then it will be blank due to no/low signals.
    The only way to test is to turn off the dish you know to be good and see if you get a picture on the other input.
    Last edited by scruff1963; 28-01-13 at 12:28.

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    i would defiantly check all connections to the box dish! as this is the most common recording issues i had exactly the same problem and was the cable in loop not second input. and again when the connection cam loose
    TM-Twin*1TB HD*VIX Helios*ABM*CrossEPG*OnDemand*Blue HD 3

TM-Nano*VIX Helios*ABM*CrossEPG*OnDemand*Blue HD 3

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED

6. The Following User Says Thank You to josh_g For This Useful Post:

scruff1963 (28-01-13)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    I set a few timers on a TM-2T this weekend, all recorded fine to internal SATA.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    When you hit red it records using the dish you are using at the time.
    You mean using 'instant record'? Yes, of course then the recording will be made from the actual channel of the actual tuner.

Recordings set by timer use the other dish,
    You can't say that.
    At the time of creating the timer the timer sanity will check if the recording fits in the existing list of recording given the tuner configuration.
    Which tuner will be used to carry out the recording can't be seen beforehand: that depends completely on the situation at the time of the recording (simultaneous other recordings/Live-TV/Streaming TV).

Title
    Thanks
    You mean using 'instant record'? Yes, of course then the recording will be made from the actual channel of the actual tuner.

You can't say that.
    At the time of creating the timer the timer sanity will check if the recording fits in the existing list of recording given the tuner configuration.
    Which tuner will be used to carry out the recording can't be seen beforehand: that depends completely on the situation at the time of the recording (simultaneous other recordings/Live-TV/Streaming TV).
    I would lay money that all the blank recordings are using the other input.

If you follow it logically and red button recordings record to the hdd and the recording location is a global setting then it's not the recording settings as they are proven to work from the
    information given by the op.

There is no history of the tm2t having a problem with multiple recordings so the logical source of the problem would be the 2nd input which hasn't been said to be tested.

Not sure how to do it with the vix image but with the test pli image I have here it's
    menu
    setup
    system
    customise
    preferred tuner
    If I use tuner A I get no picture or lots of picture breakup because my dish is out of alignment.
    If I use tuner B I get a strong signal and a picture all the time.

If the op could try his 2 different tuner settings then he can at least eliminate it rather than blaming the box or software.

I have today run anbother feed from my fixed dish and I can now watch or record from either input without any issues.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to scruff1963 For This Useful Post:

alan78 (31-01-13)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I would simply use the satfinder for checking feeds.
    And/or disable one tuner and see how that goes. If no problems found, then swap feeds.

Title
    Thanks
    Having bought this box through a friend I am also having the same problem. Recording is fine when pressing red button, shows on the epg Info bar as using Tuner A then if I switch to another channel it shows as using Tuner B so both work then. However timer recordings are always blank. I have updated the vix image too still the same problem. Is there a setting up procedure when you initially setup the settings, ie tuner scan etc which I may have set up wrong? I have checked both my sat feeds and they do seem to work although if I remove the feed from tuner input 1 it just doesnt work at all, i thought the input 2 would kick in and you would still get it working. Is there a enable/disable tuner function within the vix menu which might need adjusting?
    Any help and advice appreciated

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    The box doesn't detect that you disconnect a feed: Enigma simply believes what you tell it via the tuner configuration.

All these problems only suggest that there is a problem with a coax/connector/LNB.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Rob van der Does For This Useful Post:

josh_g (29-01-13)

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    The box doesn't detect that you disconnect a feed: Enigma simply believes what you tell it via the tuner configuration.

All these problems only suggest that there is a problem with a coax/connector/LNB.
    always check connections dish and box wise ans if they are in the right connection and also motor settings if you have one!

Title
    Thanks
    I Ordered a Box up today, as i have been holding off Purchasing a new Twin Tuner for some time. I was looking @ the SOLO2, but the price was putting me off & was going to wait for the Price to drop a little before getting it. But, when i seen this box as a Twin Tuner, BUY BUY i thought. This looks like a Winner to me & hopefully it is as good as the Vu Duo boxes. By this not being a CLONE BOX from China (Not that i have any issues with Clone Boxes, they are the dogs bollox) I am hoping the quality is there with the box & support is great to & will get better.

I am hoping the issue that others have been having with the Recording, does not affect me. I will post an update on here when i Recieve & test the box over the next week.

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mbull2012 View Post
    I Ordered a Box up today, as i have been holding off Purchasing a new Twin Tuner for some time. I was looking @ the SOLO2, but the price was putting me off & was going to wait for the Price to drop a little before getting it. But, when i seen this box as a Twin Tuner, BUY BUY i thought. This looks like a Winner to me & hopefully it is as good as the Vu Duo boxes. By this not being a CLONE BOX from China (Not that i have any issues with Clone Boxes, they are the dogs bollox) I am hoping the quality is there with the box & support is great to & will get better.

I am hoping the issue that others have been having with the Recording, does not affect me. I will post an update on here when i Recieve & test the box over the next week.
    good to hear! i purchased my twin as i seemed the more cost effective solution.. only problems i have ever had are down to my own stupidity!

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by josh_g View Post
    only problems i have ever had are down to my own stupidity!
    That are no problems: that's what we call a 'learning curve'

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rob van der Does For This Useful Post:

josh_g (30-01-13),scruff1963 (31-01-13)

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast