Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: VU Solo2 ViX Image Discussion

Title
    Thanks
    hi m8s,

im testing my new solo2 , I wan tu run 2 emu (sbox+Cccam) at the same time, the binaries are in usr/softcam , I tried to use an script tu run both but no works...
    What can i do ?
    Thanks in advance

spud312r
    Hi Guys

Just taken delivery of my new solo2 and downloaded the new vix image thanks

Is there a guide on how to flash/install this image similiar to the vu+duo
    Ie flash with firmware first, then flash/boot vix image ..

Also i have a new non formated HDD conencted, shoud i disconnect that before i start ??

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spud312r View Post
    Is there a guide on how to flash/install this image similiar to the vu+duo
    It's identical to the other VU-boxes: unzip the image to an USB stick in the front, reboot the box and follow the instructions on the VFD.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    Thanks
    Im testing image and works so fine ! the picture quality is really good.
    but im still having the problem to run two emus at the same time, Sbox/oscam to read my card and Cccam , please need some help or idea to do it.

thanks,

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by musli View Post
    Im testing image and works so fine ! the picture quality is really good.
    but im still having the problem to run two emus at the same time, Sbox/oscam to read my card and Cccam , please need some help or idea to do it.

thanks,
    ok , I did it
    just run the first emu (sbox) and after run de second (Cccam) end reboot ... easy
    anaway, thanks

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pyrophoenix View Post
    Strange...I can't flash my Solo2 :/...
    I've downloaded the file, extracted into a formatted USB, unplug the mains, plug the USB and reboot...But still nothing...What did I do wrong?
    Did you press the power button on the unit when the receiver said too? I had the same problem until I noticed the box.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi I am getting this error when trying to install some IPKs on my new box, I have flashed the new vix image twice now.

opkg_conf_load: Could not lock /var/lib/opkg/lock: resource temporarily unavailable. Locally via the box, I have tried to install;
    -Official release solo2 drivers - by bassethound, 17-12-12 15:37
    -enigma2-plugin-cams-cccam.2.3.0_1.0_mipsel

Any ideas where I am going wrong guys?

Title
    Administrator
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,096 Times in 4,733 Posts

VU Solo2 ViX Image Discussion

Try allowing more time after a restart To allow the online check to be performed.

Also the image uses drivers from 20.12.2012

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Release notes can be found in the About screen by pressing epg/info
    Rules can be found HERE - Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite HERE

9. The Following User Says Thank You to andyblac For This Useful Post:

hsbajwa316 (28-12-12)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob van der Does View Post
    Then you do it wrong: the file in etc/tuxbox is a systemfile and will be overwritten. The user file goes to etc/enigma2

There are how-to's about this on our forum.
    I think that you dont undertsund me,sorry for my bad english.
    I said that i scan the hotbird and i dont have snr on cinema and sport1 at netmed provider because the solo2 doesnt find these channels on the right frequency and says that the channels are at 12207.
    I flash with the stock vu image and then with bh 1.7.9.3 and all is ok, but with vix i have still pro lem.

spud312r
    Hi all

Have solo2 running sweet with oscam and ccam.
    When trying to run the webgui though i get "dreambox webcontrol" and an error

Request failed for: /web-data/tpl/default/tplBouquetsAndServices.htm

Any ideas what this means .. ??

Also Vix/Image Backup dosnt show "continue in background" as on the Vix 3.0 on my Duo and seems to take ages
    (sits at 20/100 for a long time)

Also can i program the "remote control" keys ??
    I'd like to turn of my Denon reciever and tv from the one remote ?
    Is there a guide anywhere ?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts

Also Vix/Image Backup dosnt show "continue in background" as on the Vix 3.0 on my Duo and seems to take ages
    (sits at 20/100 for a long time)
    The option to continue in the background was removed some time ago, you really should not be doing any thing during this time any way due to the system processes involved while making a image backup.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

spud312r
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    The option to continue in the background was removed some time ago, you really should not be doing any thing during this time any way due to the system processes involved while making a image backup.

Ok

I also cant see under Vix the Power option (ie shutdown timer etc) i see on the duo image

Title
    Thanks

VU Solo2 ViX Image Discussion

Is it possible to use MultiQuickButton with this image? The version from the feed doesn't seem to work.
    Even if I deactivate colour buttons in the Vix menu, the assigned keys in MQB are not working.

And there are many screens with references to the "info" button but the solo2 doesnt have one on the original remote. Is there another remote (or harmony profile) to use which adds info button support?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Ok

I also cant see under Vix the Power option (ie shutdown timer etc) i see on the duo image
    Those options again have been moved, there now part of the power timers section and have been extensively re coded for added functionality The fact that you cant see these changes on your Duo suggests that your using a quite old build as most of those changes were made a long time ago.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hamumann View Post
    Is it possible to use MultiQuickButton with this image? The version from the feed doesn't seem to work.
    Even if I deactivate colour buttons in the Vix menu, the assigned keys in MQB are not working.

And there are many screens with references to the "info" button but the solo2 doesnt have one on the original remote. Is there another remote (or harmony profile) to use which adds info button support?
    When you see references to the info button hit the EPG button, this will then open up a help screen for that section of the image.

SIMPLES.

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast