Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: vix issues/bugs

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    Have you tried a different USB stick or a different USB port to flash the image / bootloader ?.

also do you see a prompt on the VFD when the box boots up with the stick inserted containing the bootloader or image ?.
    used 5 different usb sticks that all work on my duo and ultimo, and also tried different usb port.
    no VFD prompt though.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bobodovsky11 View Post
    no VFD prompt though.
    Judge asked for you to post the structure of the USB drive contents.

Title
    Thanks
    this is what is on my usb stick, is this correct for bootloader

update--tmtwin,tmtwinoe--cfe.bin

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    There should be a "cfe" folder in both the "tmtwin" and "tmtwinoe" folders. Inside the cfe folders there there should be a "cfe.bin"

If you downloaded the 07/11/12 boot loader, you should just copy the update folder onto the usb drive.

Title
    Forum Sponsor
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,309 Times in 474 Posts
    LOL atitude...I paid good money for a box that i was lied to about, and that has been nothing but trouble since i got it, and i paid that good money to a sponser that has offered no help whatsoever, and you wonder why i have an attitude.
    We provide technical support to all our customers when requested and do not lie to anyone, we've had no requests from any customer for TM-Twin support.

i have just joined this forum, and the reason i joined is because i got my TM Twin from the sponcer.
    have read various thread on this box but not many reporting problems.
    in this case i must then have a rouge box, because i have had nothing but trouble with it since i bought it,and in my opinion is one of the worst satellite recievers i have ever spent good money on.
    it constantly freezes when trying to watch any hd channels.it crashes when i go on 1channel for a movie, and now it wont even come out of the 4D start screen.
    All it does is sits there saying BOOTING but it does not.
    I was also told before i decided to buy this rubbish that it had blindscan, but it does not.
    I was then informed that blindscan would be a plugin, but i am still waiting.
    all in all there is realy nothing around for this box,so it is my opinion that you should do yourselfs a favour and spend your money on a decent box, not TECHNOMATE.
    Your posts seem a little strange, firstly we DO NOT mis-sell to anyone by mis-advising them about Blindscan. If ANY customer ever ask's us if the TM-Twin supports Blindscan, we tell them no.

Another reason your posts look strange is that I do not recall us selling a single unit with the 4D image flashed to it, but who know's I may have forgotten an order.

first of all i did not join the forum to rant, but as the people that i bought the machine from are the site sponsers then i would have every reason to do so.
    next my box came with 4D image installed as well as 1channel,so if this is unstable then it IS there fault for installing it.
    Next point is that i have called and called the sponser and even traveled to there premesis to have my problem sorted but been fobbed off on all occassions.
    the machine has problems and i paid good money for something that i was lied to about, so if you think that i just came on here to have a rant then you are mistaken.
    i came on the sponsers site to sort my box out and that is it in a nutshell.
    I think you have us mistaken with another retailer: -

A) We DO NOT fob any customer's off, if there is an issue, we sort it out.
    B) No one has visited or contacted us with a TM-Twin issue that you describe.
    C) We do not recall any customer collecting or visiting us regards a TM-Twin, all our's have been sold online.
    D) We DO NOT lie of mis-sell to anyone.
    E) We have a 24 hours answer phone and had zero message regards anyone having TM-Twin issues.
    F) No one has emailed or PM'd us regards any TM-Twin issues apart from some chancer today through ebay trying to get direct Technical support from us when their unit was not purchased from us.

Again, like we said above I do not recall selling a single TM-Twin with 4D image installed.

If you genuinely purchased from us please drop us A PM through the forum or email us here providing your order details http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/...mation/contact We do our utmost to help all our customers and keep them happy.
    Last edited by world-of-satellite.co.uk; 07-01-13 at 00:49.

Official Sponsor of the OpenViX Team
    Official Distributor of Formuler products, GiGaBlue, Octagon,
    Technomate, Tiviar, VU+, Xtrend and many more...
    Secure online ordering - Paypal and all major cards accepted - Order online 7 days a week!
    PRICE MATCH PROMISE - WE'LL TRY TO MATCH ANY UK PRICE*
    *SEEN ANY PRODUCT CHEAPER? CONTACT US AND WE’LL TRY TO MATCH LIKE FOR LIKE!

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to world-of-satellite.co.uk For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (09-01-13),judge (07-01-13),Larry-G (06-01-13),Mr. Mister (07-01-13),scruff1963 (07-01-13)

Title
    V.I.P+
    Thanks
    i have just joined this forum, and the reason i joined is because i got my TM Twin from the sponcer.
    have read various thread on this box but not many reporting problems.
    in this case i must then have a rouge box, because i have had nothing but trouble with it since i bought it,and in my opinion is one of the worst satellite recievers i have ever spent good money on.
    it constantly freezes when trying to watch any hd channels.it crashes when i go on 1channel for a movie, and now it wont even come out of the 4D start screen.
    All it does is sits there saying BOOTING but it does not.
    I was also told before i decided to buy this rubbish that it had blindscan, but it does not.
    I was then informed that blindscan would be a plugin, but i am still waiting.
    all in all there is realy nothing around for this box,so it is my opinion that you should do yourselfs a favour and spend your money on a decent box, not TECHNOMATE.
    ------------------------------------------------------

1-Disconnect hard dsik / usb/Lnb cable.
    2-Insert usb with any image to front usb /if still not downloading use rear usb.
    If none above ,
    Please contact world of satellite or Technomate direct help line on 0208 884 0259 to rectify your problems.
    Last edited by Jony; 07-01-13 at 01:35.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jony View Post
    ------------------------------------------------------

1-Disconnect hard dsik / usb/Lnb cable.
    2-Insert usb with any image to front usb /if still not downloading use rear usb.
    If none above ,
    Please contact world of satellite or Technomate direct help line on 0208 884 0259 to rectify your problems.
    Read post above yours, it does not appear like this guy actually purchased from World of Satellite.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    This guy is not genuine. Someone is trying to leave bad image about technomate. I have used technomate receivers for so many years and not even one problem. This guy should be banned for being a lier and time waster.

Title
    Thanks
    Hello,

I bought a TM-Twin-OE from the sponsor recently. The box had intermittent picture breakup and would freeze or reboot itself randomly (with no hard drive installed, immediately after flashing). I was passed on to Technomate directly for support and they shipped a replacement box, which works perfectly so far.

However, it was very frustrating while being asked to troubleshoot what was clearly a faulty box. WOS and TM were both amazed and skeptical that such a thing was even possible.

So I'd just like to say that no box is perfect, every device manufactured in high volumes has a return rate, and I have had first hand experience of a faulty TM-Twin-OE.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to galfwender For This Useful Post:

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts

Re: vix issues/bugs

Quote Originally Posted by galfwender View Post
    Hello,

I bought a TM-Twin-OE from the sponsor recently. The box had intermittent picture breakup and would freeze or reboot itself randomly (with no hard drive installed, immediately after flashing). I was passed on to Technomate directly for support and they shipped a replacement box, which works perfectly so far.

However, it was very frustrating while being asked to troubleshoot what was clearly a faulty box. WOS and TM were both amazed and skeptical that such a thing was even possible.

So I'd just like to say that no box is perfect, every device manufactured in high volumes has a return rate, and I have had first hand experience of a faulty TM-Twin-OE.
    You have to also understand that the sponsor and technomate receive literally hundress of emails and calls daily from users reporting issues. This can often at times be a very labor intensive process to troubleshoot and diagnose and almost every one turns out to be user error is some way.

Now im not dismissing your claims but as you also discovered where there is a genuine problem it will be rectified. Thats more than I can say for a lot of other traders out there.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

judge (20-01-13),Sicilian (20-01-13),warajoker (26-01-13)

Title
    Thanks
    guys i do believe this thread was started by me for the issues I was having. It's been well and truly hijacked by the other guy. can i ask for some more assistance as ive updated the box several times, left crash logs and my box is still unreliable. it was purchased direct from technomate so unless i can get this box working reliably it's going back to them shortly. only piece of software on it that might be of issue is cccam so id like to rule that out. any more ideas?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I had a faulty gigablue quad where the front lcd panel was loose. they replaced the front panel with a brand new one and shipped it back the next day. I have nothing but praise for wos. and I wouldn't purchase from anywhere else

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    What image & build is your box using now?
    are you still using a bus powered HDD?

I very much doubt it's cccam causing your issues, works perfectly well here on Twin & TM2T

Title
    Thanks
    hi judge that info is in the crash logs i posted. but i have an internal now, freshly flashed and and sw updated. Enigma crashes evry day, mainly when you come to use it in morning. Get's it's knickers in a twist and crashes. I'm going try a different image an if it plays up with that i'll give tm a bell see if they'll have it back n replace it. Ive looked at the crash logs myself to see if i can see a pattern. Seems to poll for a child process that has died but how it's coded to handle that i dont know. Never had a box this troublesome before and dont have much time to fuff around with them tbh. Ive got vix 2.3 running on my vuduo+ and its rock solid

Title
    Thanks
    Sending box back to TM....fuffing useless since I bought it before Xmas. Tried a software update on it this morning and it crashed. Piece of cr4p!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast