Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: vix issues/bugs

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    well, an attitude check might be in order if you expect anyone to give up their free time & help you sort any issues you may have.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bobodovsky11 View Post
    i cannot start afresh mate because as i said in my first post my box will not come out of the booting stage.
    i have tried to re flash and everything else but it will just not do anything.
    Have you tried flashing the bootloader first?
    Follow the instructions in this thread.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by judge View Post
    well, an attitude check might be in order if you expect anyone to give up their free time & help you sort any issues you may have.
    LOL atitude...I paid good money for a box that i was lied to about, and that has been nothing but trouble since i got it, and i paid that good money to a sponser that has offered no help whatsoever, and you wonder why i have an attitude.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    The sponsor is in no way intentionally ignoring or evading you, he is going through some difficult family problems at the moment and is spending quite a lot of time in and out of hospital.

now if you want help we will gladly help as much as possible, thats what we are here for, but the attitude will not get you any where.

now to the image, 4D is simply a third party image installed on the receiver by the distributors it is not provided nor maintained by this forum, nor are any of the included plugins such as 1channel.

as i said if you want help we will help, but you can leave that attitude out.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

judge (06-01-13),Mr. Mister (06-01-13)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    The sponsor is in no way intentionally ignoring or evading you, he is going through some difficult family problems at the moment and is spending quite a lot of time in and out of hospital.

now if you want help we will gladly help as much as possible, thats what we are here for, but the attitude will not get you any where.

now to the image, 4D is simply a third party image installed on the receiver by the distributors it is not provided nor maintained by this forum, nor are any of the included plugins such as 1channel.

as i said if you want help we will help, but that attitude will get you no where.
    i was not aware of the sponsers predicament and someone saying so on the phone would have put a different light on my attitude.
    however my box has problems and i have come to the site for help and i appreciate any help i can get from the members.
    i have tried the bootloader, i have tried to re flash but my machine will not move from the booting screen...

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    The latest bootloader is here
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/en...rs/TM-TWIN-OE/

Latest images here
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/en...ir=TM-Twin-OE/

Also make sure that you do not have any other flash drives connected.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Re: vix issues/bugs

You're right about one thing you did pay good money for you're box....but that's all you're right about. why don't you go away and have a read up on how these types of boxes work, from setting up images to installing plugins and other addons. Then come back when you understand, and post when you're in a calm mood.....then you might get some help. I've ranted in the past and you get no further forward...you only come across like a complete and utter Muppet.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    Vu+Duo
    Vix Hades
    WD 1TB Blue Desktop Drive 3.5" SATA-III 7200RPM 64MB =Cross EPG & 256mb Swap File
    Kingston DataTraveler SE9 8GB USB =PTS

Vu+Duo
    Vix Hades
    Seagate 500GB 3.5" SATA-III 6Gb/s Barracuda Hard Drive 7200RPM 16MB=Cross EPG & 256mb Swap File
    Kingston DataTraveler SE9 8GB USB =PTS

Both Duo's Plugins, Lraizer Autobouquet, Cacheflush, Mediascanner, Picture player, Movie Browser & Openwebif

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bobodovsky11 View Post
    i was not aware of the sponsers predicament and someone saying so on the phone would have put a different light on my attitude.
    however my box has problems and i have come to the site for help and i appreciate any help i can get from the members.
    i have tried the bootloader, i have tried to re flash but my machine will not move from the booting screen...
    well i'm at work at this moment in time so cant really walk you through the processes needed to check whats going on, hopefully some one else can assist in that.

The Twin is a Dual booting receiver it has a prebuilt in operating system and the ability to also use Enigma2 images. First i would try to see if you can boot into the inbuilt default Operating system, then we can go from there.

if worst comes to worst and the box is faulty i am 100 percent certain either the sponsor or technomate them selves will repair or replace it.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mickyblueys View Post
    You're right about one thing you did pay good money for you're box....but that's all you're right about. why don't you go away and have a read up on how these types of boxes work, from setting up images to installing plugins and other addons. Then come back when you understand, and post when you're in a calm mood.....then you might get some help. I've ranted in the past and you get no further forward...you only come across like a complete and utter Muppet.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    just for your information mate i have had these types of boxes for years so i know how they work.
    i have also been using motorised satellite systems since LNB'S WERE 3.00 DB, so i know my ins and out of satellite things, but i have never came accross a box with problems like this one has.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Frankly if your basing your experiences with this box on the 4D image then i can fully understand the frustration as it's a total pile of ~ insert expletive here ~.

Rite now that's of no consequence, as i said if you want help you need to calm down and put on your sensible head, otherwise i'll just lock the thread as it's going no where.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    ok i have tried again with the latest bootloader but the box does not load from the usb, ie the image comes on the screen goes blank to read the usb then just comes back on with the image.
    tried to use the original image same result will not move from booting screen.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Have you tried a different USB stick or a different USB port to flash the image / bootloader ?.

also do you see a prompt on the VFD when the box boots up with the stick inserted containing the bootloader or image ?.

SIMPLES.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Sounds like it's not flashing the bootloader so.
    What directory structure do you have on the USB stick?
    Have you another USB stick you can try?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    To boot into the other software, keep pressing "Menu" at bootup. If it boots into teh other software, you can go back to E2 by pressing "exit" on reboot.

Failing that, you can try the bootloader recovery.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    as asked by judge please detail the exact file structure of the USB stick containing the bootloader files, so we can be sure you'r doing it properly as that is a easy step to mess up.

SIMPLES.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast