Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: vix issues/bugs

Title
    Thanks

vix issues/bugs

Hi guys,

Just setup the new tmtwin with the latest image. Im having problems initialising the external drive and regular enigma2 crashes. I did have the drive working with the previous image but again issues with random restarts which seem to suggest autotimer being the culprit. I just cant get the twin stable ....is it the external usb causing this and anyone got the twin running sweet. My vuduo+ is far more reliable right now and im wishing id gone for another duo

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    I now use my Twin and 2T as my primary receivers and find them every bit as stable as all 4 of my Vu receivers. unfortunately as your post is very vague on details there is very little we can advise on.

we would need to see copies of the various crash logs and where possible a more detailed explanation of your setup and plugins etc.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    TM2T user here and no issues at all, you will need to give more info, devices connected etc to enable us to help you mate.

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

Title
    Thanks

vix tmtwin issues

Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    I now use my Twin and 2T as my primary receivers and find them every bit as stable as all 4 of my Vu receivers. unfortunately as your post is very vague on details there is very little we can advise on.

we would need to see copies of the various crash logs and where possible a more detailed explanation of your setup and plugins etc.
    Ok bud i'll see if i can grab some crash logs for you....tbh if id had a spare 3.5 internal sata to hand that would have gone in but i only had a 500gb seagate. The setup is a fresh flash with no mods so it does seem to point to the drive if you're saying you're using yours as the primary boxes and very stable. Thanks for the responses so far

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    i have had a Twin in daily use since a few weeks before the ViX image was launched for this platform and in all that time it has been superbly stable, as good as both my duo's i'd say. It has been used with both 2.5 and 3.5 HDD's without a problem.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Is the USB drive using a PSU or is it bus-powered? If the latter: that's the culprit.
    Some drives (or acutaly the USB-->SATA-controller) are simply not compatible with all computers.

If I were you, I would build in the 500GB-HDD: I find an internal HDD far more reliable then any external solution.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    Thanks

vix tmtwin issues

Quote Originally Posted by Rob van der Does View Post
    Is the USB drive using a PSU or is it bus-powered? If the latter: that's the culprit.
    Some drives (or acutaly the USB-->SATA-controller) are simply not compatible with all computers.

If I were you, I would build in the 500GB-HDD: I find an internal HDD far more reliable then any external solution.
    Yup it's bus-powered and suspected it was an external drive problem. Xlmtvimporter was causing crashes as it filled flash and autotimer polling was also causing enigma to reload. Will pop over to overclockers tomoz...btw do you know if thr solidstate sata drives work with the twin running vix?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Bus powered drives are never a good idea: they tend to be unstable. Some have a power-plug: using that with an external PSU usually fixes any problem.

If XMLTV-import fills flash something is obviously wrong. Can you set epg.dat to save to HDD or USB?

'Enigma reload' = crash. Crash = crash-report. Please post that.

All SDD's hould work fine. But IMHO in a STB they are a waste of money.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    Thanks

tmwin vix issue

Installed the new internal 500Gb HDD, did a fresh flash and hdd working good now but xmltvepg still crashes box even with epg set to save on hdd so im using crossepg instead. Got up this morning and box would not respond to the remote so had to power cycle. Ive attached the crashlogs for perusal.

Many thanks so far!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Title
    Thanks
    i have just joined this forum, and the reason i joined is because i got my TM Twin from the sponcer.
    have read various thread on this box but not many reporting problems.
    in this case i must then have a rouge box, because i have had nothing but trouble with it since i bought it,and in my opinion is one of the worst satellite recievers i have ever spent good money on.
    it constantly freezes when trying to watch any hd channels.it crashes when i go on 1channel for a movie, and now it wont even come out of the 4D start screen.
    All it does is sits there saying BOOTING but it does not.
    I was also told before i decided to buy this rubbish that it had blindscan, but it does not.
    I was then informed that blindscan would be a plugin, but i am still waiting.
    all in all there is realy nothing around for this box,so it is my opinion that you should do yourselfs a favour and spend your money on a decent box, not TECHNOMATE.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bobodovsky11 View Post
    i have just joined this forum, and the reason i joined is because i got my TM Twin from the sponcer.
    in this case i must then have a rouge box, because i have had nothing but trouble with it since i bought it,and in my opinion is one of the worst satellite recievers i have ever spent good money on.
    it constantly freezes when trying to watch any hd channels.it crashes when i go on 1channel for a movie, and now it wont even come out of the 4D start screen.
    I was also told before i decided to buy this rubbish that it had blindscan, but it does not.
    all in all there is realy nothing around for this box,so it is my opinion that you should do yourselfs a favour and spend your money on a decent box, not TECHNOMATE.
    None of those issues here, although I don't use the 1 channel plugin as it's known to be buggy.
    What bootloader & what image version are you currently using?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bobodovsky11 View Post
    The 1channel plugin has nothing what so ever to do with this forum, The ViX image or the receiver. It is notoriously flaky on all images and crashes all the time, there is absolutely no way what so ever you can place any blame on this receiver, image or forum for that. as to your post, if you have a genuine problem we will help you find a solution, if however you only came here to rant you wont find us very accommodating.

As to the receiver it self, I have been using one my self for a good many months and it works just as well as any of my other E2 receivers.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    You are better off to start afresh and use the Vix image. Enable the debug logs and then reboot. This will help identify the issue. Do not use TSpanel.

I have yet to buy from the site sponsor, but if you have a faulty receiver, I have no doubt whatsoever that they will assist you in the best possible manner. The first step would be to rule out software issues.

Title
    Thanks
    first of all i did not join the forum to rant, but as the people that i bought the machine from are the site sponsers then i would have every reason to do so.
    next my box came with 4D image installed as well as 1channel,so if this is unstable then it IS there fault for installing it.
    Next point is that i have called and called the sponser and even traveled to there premesis to have my problem sorted but been fobbed off on all occassions.
    the machine has problems and i paid good money for something that i was lied to about, so if you think that i just came on here to have a rant then you are mistaken.
    i came on the sponsers site to sort my box out and that is it in a nutshell.

Title
    Thanks
    i cannot start afresh mate because as i said in my first post my box will not come out of the booting stage.
    i have tried to re flash and everything else but it will just not do anything.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast